SubCool Supersoil In SIPs With EWC, CBD Autos For Aspergers

Ruh roh. One of the clones fell over. It looks like it's rotting out under the surface of the perlite.

IMG_2847.jpeg

I can easily flop it the other way.

IMG_2848.jpeg

None of the others want to flop. Did I do something wrong? Or is this just "one that did not take"?
I refilled the fertilization water last night. Everyone else seems to be doing well. None of the other perlite girls are floppy.

probably fine. there isn't much in perlite to hold them until they have decent root growth. that really doesn't happen before you see new leaves and branching. those clones are still in early stages.

probably fine. there isn't much in perlite to hold them until they have decent root growth. that really doesn't happen before you see new leaves and branching. those clones are still in early stages.
Umm, if I understand, I just mean that it looks like the stem is turning into a wet black noodle.
Once I filled the cup with perlite I drilled a hole straight down with a Phillips head screwdriver, pulled it out and stuck the clone down to the bottom of the cup.
Originally it was erect (not falling over).
But the other girls seem to be doing well.

IMG_2850.jpeg

EDIT: Should I just chalk this one up to the learning curve, and keep going?
Thanks.

stalk could have rotted. happens all the time if you use a heat mat. never use a heat mat on clones. they are only for germination of seed.

Only after I pot them up. Mine are done on perlite, though. Not sure if that makes any difference. Maybe I'll try a round with lights and see. 🤔
I just do what the experts say, which is... warmth, moisture, and light. It makes sense to me. I just completed another batch at 100%. I use coir with some perlite and very light nutes. Mist inside the dome 1x or 2x per day. I get lots of roots, and roots coming out the bottom by a couple weeks or so. I'll keep doing it this way until one day and switch over to @Wastei 's hydro method.

stalk could have rotted. happens all the time if you use a heat mat. never use a heat mat on clones. they are only for germination of seed.
Hmm...
Maybe earlier it was cold, so a heat mat made more sense.
But then yesterday it got warm--so maybe the heat mat is no longer beneficial?? (Situation dependent?)

Hmm...
But then yesterday it got warm--so maybe the heat mat is no longer beneficial?? (Situation dependent?)
I think you need a warm room, not a heating pad. Cuz you don't want to drive off moisture from in and around the container and cutting. What are your daytime and nighttime temps in the room?

I think you need a warm room, not a heating pad. Cuz you don't want to drive off moisture from in and around the container and cutting.

That makes sense. Thanks.
What are your daytime and nighttime temps in the room?
Good question. Peak in the day I have seen as low as 68F and as high as 84F, depending on sunshine and the season.

Probably I could make some room in the Gas Lantern room or the Bloom Room, where they would have enough light. Then I could carry a tray to the sink area for watering every 3 days. 👍

That makes sense. Thanks.

Good question. Peak in the day I have seen as low as 68F and as high as 84F, depending on sunshine and the season.

Probably I could make some room in the Gas Lantern room or the Bloom Room, where they would have enough light. Then I could carry a tray to the sink area for watering every 3 days. 👍
You will need night interruption lighting on the clones, so not in your flower room. Just hold a cup over a tub or something when watering. What about nighttime low? Mid 70°s to high 80°s range is just fine for cloning I'd say. Some dip in the night I don't think is a problem.

Note, I only water my coir-based medium once in a 2-week period, toward the end.

You will need night interruption lighting on the clones, so not in your flower room.
Ahhh... right! (Brain cramp.)

Just hold a cup over a tub or something when watering.
Yeah, good point. They do not drink much. A bucket should work fine.
:thumb:
What about nighttime low? Mid 70°s to high 80°s range is just fine for cloning I'd say.
LOL!!!
Yeah, originally we were in a warmer place but it did not work out.
Sorry if I did not specify, the above temps (84 in the laundry room) are in a DIFFERENT room.

OUTSIDE here it is 68F daytime winter outside, nighttime maybe 45-50F (and HUMID!) (You probably need a heating pad then).
Summer is more like 70-75F days outside, nights 55F, but inside the house night is maybe 65F at night.
So, summertime clones or clones in the Gas Lantern (Night Interruption) Room sounds like a very good suggestion, thanks!
Some dip in the night I don't think is a problem.
:thumb:
Note, I only water my coir-based medium once in a 2-week period, toward the end.
Interesting. Thanks!

Just keep 'em in a warm room. :thumb: The weather is so mild here in Hawaii, I can keep mine in the greenhouse. But I have actually thought of doing the cloning in a room in the house.

Hmm...

were you trying to clone in the fridge .. ? :p
that's about the only place i'd use one outside of germination. i don't own a heat mat, i use a shelf above my stereo amp which provides enough.

just clone in your normal room. room temp is perfect. you can dome or mist them if you want. i don't always bother.
the most important thing with a hempy clone is to give them a mild dose of weak veg nutes every 3 days. the clone won't use the nutes but you have to refresh it. ph won't matter so much but you can ph if you want.

should have roots generally in 10 days to 2wks.

2 rules of young plants / seedlings:

1. heat mats are only for seeds and germination.
2. domes and misting are only for clones.

Back
Top Bottom