SubCool Supersoil In SIPs With EWC, CBD Autos For Aspergers

Hi all.
Please join me on my new thread. :welcome:
This thread will stay open for 6-7 weeks until I finish flowering, but then we hope to shift to a greenhouse grow (to save on costs).
:thumb:

How far away? What I used were outdoor-grade extension cords routed inside electrical conduit, either metal or PVC.
That might work.
I just saw the top photo, they have an electrical service at the white house, which is I am guessing 100-150 meters/yards.
(Very doable.)
In order to stuff the cord into the conduit, you need to cut off one of the female plug end. But you can easily add a new plug once the cord comes out the other end, and connect it to a power strip (or 2) to provide multiple outlets for your lighting. The extension cords are very flexible, so it's easy to route them in the conduit.
It is worth thinking about.
But the power also goes out here a lot, so the solar thing *might be more reliable.
If you can route the AC power to the greenhouse, then you'll have access to normal LED bulbs, which only need to go on for a few minutes in the middle of the dark period. What I do is 12 midnight, 2am, and 4am. I use a digital timer to control the power to the lights. Here's one on the River that looks good HERE. Here's the cords w/ switches that I use for the bulbs, HERE. This way you can move the bulbs around and position them as needed.
Thanks. I will check it.
We are supposed to go there in two weeks. If AC is better I will go that way, but one way or another I will need a battery backup.
If you can't route extension cords, one of these would work to provide solar AC power, $110. The unit can provide 80 watts (peak 120), so you could run 8 x 11 watt LED full spectrum bulbs (or 8 x 9 watt).
Wow, that looks great!
Only, they will not ship it here. :(
(I think they have some restriction against shipping batteries to Colombia, not sure why.)
:(

It is worth thinking about.
But the power also goes out here a lot, so the solar thing *might be more reliable.
mmm, good point. => Solar AC

Wow, that looks great!
Only, they will not ship it here.
(I think they have some restriction against shipping batteries to Colombia, not sure why.)
We have the same problem here in Hawaii w/ Amazon. I think it's because of air cargo... they don't like lithium batteries on planes. But sometimes when I find a product marked as "does not ship to your location," I can sometime find a similar one that does ship... go figure.

EDIT: Yeah, I don't think they'll ship any of them to Colombia. You could just do a small solar power setup. Get one of these combo inverter/charge controller (or similar)... nothing fancy, just for low-wattage lighting. And then grab one deep cycle battery from a local supplier, 12v. And then you just need a solar panel, for example.

mmm, good point. => Solar AC

We have the same problem here in Hawaii w/ Amazon. I think it's because of air cargo... they don't like lithium batteries on planes. But sometimes when I find a product marked as "does not ship to your location," I can sometime find a similar one that does ship... go figure.

EDIT: Yeah, I don't think they'll ship any of them to Colombia. You could just do a small solar power setup. Get one of these combo inverter/charge controller (or similar)... nothing fancy, just for low-wattage lighting. And then grab one deep cycle battery from a local supplier, 12v. And then you just need a solar panel, for example.
Outstanding!
I have to run right now, but I hope to check these links later!
This and a deep-cycle battery could be it. +1
:thumb:

Outstanding!
I have to run right now, but I hope to check these links later!
This and a deep-cycle battery could be it. +1
If you think you may want the system to be expandable—i.e. more solar panels and batteries—then I recommend getting a pure sine wave inverter and a separate charge controller. These low-cost systems are really easy to put together... I'm happy to answer any questions and recommend equipment.

Back
Top Bottom