Staker's 2017: SSSDH, Killer Purps, Dolato, Candyland & Breeder's Test Grows

Lots of nice bud there brother....next to green fans the grayish buds telling me they are caked with trichomes. Look solid as a rock. See a slight pink in flowers too....very, very pretty. :well done: :Namaste:

:thanks:BL :Namaste:

For such a 70s style bush lol, the flowers are top notch. I'm smoking them now, and I'm just straight stupid-smiling non-stop, the raciness is much diminished, so it in much better balance. Way better than expected. I put a cut of her in the trash pot, so that's the best praise I could give.

She's a getting a bit pink yes, with some grey, she got the darkened look, like she's ready. I could pull her new, but I'm thinking one more week, and if she looks or smells like she's slipping away, I'll just chop her.

Dusty, I'll get those Veggers updated, but they are looking very good, have no fear.

SSSDH is up next, she's a bombshell.

She's sexy as hell. Sugared lime scents, which is one I look for, as I find they tend towards being happy weeds

SSSDH, Connoisseur Genetics Day 30 of 12s, Day 26 flower. First seed and first run with her. She seems like she wants to let those monster fans go, and I'll let her/help her. This girl is going to fill in, and the flower structure is superb. I'm sure I'll have much more to say, just going to dump and run. Peace my friends. :)

61062.jpg
16800.jpg
7889.jpg
8753.jpg
111235.jpg
9539.jpg
31973.jpg
131055.jpg
141039.jpg
51229.jpg
41525.jpg
wide8.jpg
151017.jpg
10659.jpg

sssdh is one sexy looking lady fo-sho. She filling in quite lovely.
That strawberry diesel is going to fill up some jars.
That's quite lovely as well.
Happy daze.

Thanks brother :Namaste: SSSDH has the special sauces for sure, I'm expecting some great things. :love:

Wait till you see the Texas BB, and SpaceC. I'll get the Veggers up soon, they are growing real fast, perfect temps and RH in that tent...just low air exchange.. Big Indi leafs, fats stems, great vigor and growth. :high-five:

Update:

Garden is full of just amazing things. I almost want to stress the plants more to have them frost up more, but I've been on the thought lately... that higher health is always better for the effect than adding frost by stress. Still playing it out, but it seems to track. Anyway, here's the latest.

The babys are coming along nicely. In the long tray, an hour after being watered into their new homes.....the bottom 2 are Dolato, and running upwards is Space Cheese, and then TexBerry. Space has got some legs, and they are both very indica looking, which is exactly what I needed to round out all these sativa doms.

51230.jpg

Candyland on the right, still growing out of it's mutant leafs, and Bubba's Gift on the left. They both just got a shave, ready to take SSD's place, and then Tahoe. Candy is going first.
61063.jpg

Killer Purps, day 21 flower.

She's been razor sharp this whole time with huge vigor. She didn't however have any legs, and ended up not stetching much. A short girl by my standards. Smells are strong, she got a little lime in her too, but I'm looking for it. Slightly gassy and fruity. Looks a little deficient too, although I did just feed her. She's got a nice layer of tiny trichs, she's ephemeral, ethereal, beautiful, hungry lol. :)

16803.jpg
22466.jpg
31974.jpg
3_52.jpg
41526.jpg

Peace and love my friends.

Great updates CS. Such beauty queens. I can see you are a creature of habit and have your routine down to the last minute (minute as in tiny... not minute as in 60 seconds. LOL!) detail.

Great updates CS. Such beauty queens. I can see you are a creature of habit and have your routine down to the last minute (minute as in tiny... not minute as in 60 seconds. LOL!) detail.

Thanks Blaze, they are looking rather righteous. I call my particular style, procrastination. J
Gotta go with what you know lol. On a serious note, further refining my nutrient soup, and watering timing,, has really taken it to a whole other level. I'm getting a little less frost on the leafs, than what I normally see, but the health is up, and despite less visible frost, so is the potency. The SSD is almost too strong to smoke. We've taken to calling it el Diablo. Seems like the others are following suit. Could be from the fact that they are clones dunno, but it's more than just a little noticeable. I guess we'll see on these new seed plants. :high-five:

Yeah, I've noticed that frost is not always directly proportionate to strength. Neither is smell, although both frost and smell are good rough indicators.

Yeah, I've noticed that frost is not always directly proportionate to strength. Neither is smell, although both frost and smell are good rough indicators.

I very much agree. They do all reek pretty strongly, which I think is important. Letting them go longer between waterings would stress them into frosting up more, but would decrease the oil/smell in the plant. Watering just a half day earlier, they seem to frost up a little later in the cycle, which may make the oil & resin mature together and in harmony. Just speculating...and putting it out there. :Namaste:

Something for me to try and take note of with my next grow as well. Want to see if I get similar results. I forget, what lighting do you use in flower? The single biggest improvement in potency and terps I've noticed, is when I switched to HPS + LED in flower. Made a big difference.

I've been using HPS with LED side lighting for about 4 years. This run, the LED sidelight is 240w white spectrum Vero based, as opposed to the 330w DS-XML-350 which has 10w white Cree chips, so there's not too much to parse there. Gotta be the shorter feeding intervals, increased use of organics, lower use of synths, with foliar love. Lots of refinements actually. It's all working better together, just when I thought I hit a plateau. :)

Looking great brother. Lovee the frost discussion. I have found less is more. Lower e.c. makes for much better weed. Taste and effect always seem better, when I don't try and ass blast um.lol
Peace ,love,and pot bother.:Namaste:

Backatcha! Very much agreed, less is almost always more. Over the last few years, I've been doing my best to learn to better walk that line, limiting synths, and keeping life in the soil, as it's how I first learned to grow (floranova). On that same point, I find it is always a compromise. For me, I'd rather give up the OMRI label, than what I feel is a better end product. Organics are preferred, but synths still have a place and use.

I've been getting better results consistently, but felt that I was almost going backwards for a minute. So, instead of just focusing on improving one part/product at a time, I've been looking more at how I can use my fertigations to create a synergy that is more than the sum of it's parts.

It's got to be tuned and timed to work with the lights I use, the medium and amendments, the style I grow in (training/leaf strategy) and the environment I'm in, with it's ups and downs. I think I'm moving closer toward my ideal. Now I'll just further refine the products and mixes to make sure I'm getting what I want, and will tighten up the enviro controls. Last run was the best I ever smoked. This run should beat it easily. I'm just getting started man, it's going to keep getting better from here. :circle-of-love:

Thinking of chopping SSD tonight, or real soon. I think she's got a few more days, but when I see that she might be changing away her current ripe state, I'll pull. Her trichs are still a bit away from where I'd like, and she could be rustier in stigma color, but those processes will continue on for a couple few days on a whole hung plant.

These are from two days ago.
Still0021.png
Still0020.png

I'm looking to preserve one of her best qualities, she's got a nice rush, in the beginning, like a diesel should. It's changed a little from the seed plant i grew. Instead of a racing heart, it's more of a pounding heart, and she steals your breath....flavor is strong and pungent on the lips. Smoke is thick, rolling and white. She not your everyday girl, she's too much for that. She a treat, a stay up all night and just be high kinda girl. The I want to get stuff done holy cow I'm almost done with my workout girl. This is pretty great stuff. There is what some sativa lovers may consider a downside. The stone can make you a bit stupified and forgetful, and there's a little burnout. Totally worth it.

Lovely trich shots there. Nice and milky. I like to harvest when I can just start to see a few amber. So something like 90% cloudy, 5% amber, 5% clear. Nice and strong at that point, and will cure well into a more rounded stone over the next 2 months.

As for the discussion on less is more, apart from adding LED, I have also progressively fed less, added more calmag and used beneficial microbes and sugars. That last point... I thought it was useless with synth nutes, but I've definitely noticed a difference.

Back
Top Bottom