Staker's 2017: SSSDH, Killer Purps, Dolato, Candyland & Breeder's Test Grows

I made it! It's good to see you haven't lost that golden touch.

I expect to see some great looking buds soon.

My wife thinks I'm being dramatic...with how upset I was after learning that our new kitten killed Dolato dead. Bean two hitting water in just minutes. Only a strain junkie would understand the impact of losing her... I was more than a little mad. :ban:

Kittens are cute for a reason, and I'm just going to hope the next one pops. Gotta teach her on the crap plants, holy f*** and lol.

Edit - I planted her back in the soil, but she snapped right near the soil line, so I don't hold much hope of her rooting. Worth a shot though.

:oops: Crap luck. My dog once did the same thing when he was a pup. Maybe some catnip in grow rm. to distract her/him?

Re: Staker's 2017 - SSSDH, Killer Purps, Dolato, Candyland & Breeder's Test Grows

edit: I should add for everyone, I'm on the east coast, so we don't see the west coast cuts as often as we'd like

East Coast FTMFW :thumb: Clones... gots to make our own. All good....

That SSD monster crop is doing awesome. Wow.. I've done the monster cropping thing so I know how hard it is to get a plant to grow that big. That's spectacular right there. Reps on your grow skills there..

Already sub'd up and sittin in the back corner with bean bag and pufff'n n pass'n. :passitleft:

Re: Staker's 2017 - SSSDH, Killer Purps, Dolato, Candyland & Breeder's Test Grows

I made it! It's good to see you haven't lost that golden touch.

I expect to see some great looking buds soon.

:welcome: Blazebrother! Hoping all is on the quiet side where you are. ;) I was having trouble getting the SSSDH, and the Candyland going, but I think they are both doing well now. Should be able to get some photos tonight...and the best thing is that we don't have to wait for buds...thank god. I need the meds. Might have to shop at the Dispo lol.

:oops: Crap luck. My dog once did the same thing when he was a pup. Maybe some catnip in grow rm. to distract her/him?

I was only gone from the tent for a minute, and she wasn't around that I saw, but I should have known better. My other cat is trained to leave them alone, but this one will need some time and guidance. I came back and was like noooooo, not that one! So mad lol.
Replacement Dolato went into starter soil today, after showing a tail in water. Hoping she sprouts. :Namaste:

I've kept the decapitated Dolato, and she's seemingly alive in the Veg tent, showing tiny growth of her first two leaflets. RH is being kept high, so she won't transpire all of her water, and out of the 'sun', so she will root if she has the resources. I'll put pics of her in the update today. :volcano-smiley:Happy to still have a shot at keeping her. :love:

East Coast FTMFW :thumb: Clones... gots to make our own. All good....

That SSD monster crop is doing awesome. Wow.. I've done the monster cropping thing so I know how hard it is to get a plant to grow that big. That's spectacular right there. Reps on your grow skills there..

Already sub'd up and sittin in the back corner with bean bag and pufff'n n pass'n. :passitleft:

Thanks Bo :high-five: she's swelling up pretty big lol. :passitleft:

Could be a nice cut for someone, I've already shared her with a friend. She hits on potency, flavor, yield and effect. She's now at 6.5 weeks in, and she's looking like she's only going to need 8, so she's getting only water and molasses. Her smells have changed to a more mature pine-candy-fruit-skunk smell. I think this is the smell she'll finish with, but it should really come on more in the next week. Bud swell is almost over - she's just gotta ripen up. Going to try to get the flowering girls out for pics today. It's time to update :cheer:

When you seek beauty in all people and all things, you will not only find it, you will become it.

-Unknown
:Namaste:

UPDATE: Flower Girls

Killer Purps: (Sour Diesel x Buzz Bomb - purple pheno)
This girl is easy and has a great structure. Vigor for days. Smell is strong in Veg, but has paused a bit in transition.

She's in week one flower. Flowering as of ~ Jan 12.
k46.jpg
k17.jpg
k214.jpg
k311.jpg

SSSDH: (SSH x ECSD IBL) - 20 days 12/12, 13 days flower

I keep forgetting that this one was originally made by Rez, before OJD tightened up the line. If I were buying seeds, I'd buy OJD's version all day. But, if looking for an outlier, a freak - I might burn through as many of the former as possible. I've been asked this before, so I figured I'd give my honest thoughts. In any form, this plant is a masterpiece. It's been a little hard learning what she likes, but I think I'm on to her. Large rounded coronas of thick creme colored stigmas, and spaced out nodes during the stretch - she's sexy af. I'll look back to get a date on when she went in. She took about 7 days after her flip to show signs of flowering. She topped out at the same height as SSD. :roorrip: y'all know how I like em lol.

s413.jpg
s314.jpg
s229.jpg

S132.jpg

s92.jpg
s84.jpg
s74.jpg
s613.jpg

Buddha Tahoe OG Kush
: (Louis XIII x Tahoe OG S1 RVSD Male) 12/12 on Dec 7th, flowering Dec 12th, 37 days flower

This girl is easy, and we all know fun that can be for everyone. :) She's not that tolerant, but if you go easy, she'll take you to the moon with her good looks, captivating aromas, and bountiful yield. Like any woman worth the time, she's got a little Diva in her, so don't plan on stuffing her full of McDonalds, if you want her best. Low and easy feeder, she'll orient better towards organics, low N, and a gentle hand. She's showing me a hint of yellow now, so she'll fade nicely and quickly over the flush. She'll also fatten and trich up dramatically quick. She pours it all into the finish. Smell at present is fruity Kush and bubblegum. I didn't really train her, she was in a solo, like those girls in the trash pot earlier...and I just planted her in a 5 gal, and waited for her to recover and gain some height. Haven't done much else, took just a handful of leafs.

t515.jpg
t83.jpg
t93.jpg
t76.jpg
t68.jpg
t228.jpg
t103.jpg
t1210.jpg
t134.jpg
t171.jpg
t162.jpg

Strawberry Sour Diesel
: (Strawberry Cough x Sour D rvsd male) Day 49 flower. She's on water diet as of yesterday. Cropping her in 11 days, if her tricks look as expected. She's been a fun one grow. She's almost a year old lol. I never have plants that long, I'm a turn and burn kinda guy....on to the next learning experience. That is changing though, as I settle in with some faves.

This girl is no slouch - she's near the strongest that many of us have had. She rivals the ChemDxCookies (in potency) I just ran, but she's more versatile. Not to diss the Chem, she's more night time fun time weed.
:amen:Anyway, this SSD pheno will provoke some paranoia, just based on punch. Dosage lol! This clone will go 60-63 days of 12/12, where she needed a week longer from seed. She's ticks all boxes.... loud stank, bold pine/berry flavor with thick smoke, great appeal, and a huge punch.

Since her days are numbered, I added too many pics. I'm standing on a bench to take these, she's in a 7 gal pot. You can see some of her leafs are yellowing out, while some are still glossy green. Terps are fragrant and complex.

d222.jpg
d611.jpg
d711.jpg
d511.jpg
d910.jpg
d810.jpg
d1110.jpg
d1010.jpg
d201.jpg
d318.jpg
d413.jpg
d161.jpg
d151.jpg
d192.jpg
d1210.jpg
d181.jpg

Thank you for joining me on this ride...the girls thank you too.

:Namaste::thanks::420:

Beautiful man! Some nice genetics. You should try out 91 Krypt when you get a chance. (chemdawg 91 x capt. krypt og)

That's a crazy shine you got going on, this run. Wow! :bravo:

... I do happen to have a Strawberry SD in my seed stash ... :hmmmm: ... and a SSSDH ... :cheesygrinsmiley:

That's a crazy shine you got going on, this run. Wow! :bravo:

... I do happen to have a Strawberry SD in my seed stash ... :hmmmm: ... and a SSSDH ... :cheesygrinsmiley:

Devil's Harvest was the SSD I had. Single seed dropped to see what's what. Better than I thought it would be. It's not the very best I've ever had, but it's among the heavy hitters, and the effect is real nice. She can be racy if you hit her hard without any warmup, and sometimes even then. The front end rush gives way to a happy stone, and light body buzz. Fun ride, but a bit of a rollercoaster too. Looks like I'm going to have a lot of it to smoke....better get started. Might pull a sample soon.

The SSSDH, I've only had by grown by others until this run, and it's got pull like Panama, but with more weight and altitude, and the liquid tranquility is replaced by a slightly more rippling euphoria. Great smoke. Like SLH, she has great complementary effects, they come together nicely.

Changes from last run: added powdered Ca/Mg amendment, Heavy Prime, semi regular lol foliar regimen, and ~20% reduced use of synths. Although dry when I took the photos, they are pretty wet looking in real life, I keep getting startled about wet spots and mold. RH is about 25% I don't know how they look so good. :Namaste:

Beautiful man! Some nice genetics. You should try out 91 Krypt when you get a chance. (chemdawg 91 x capt. krypt og)

Truth there my friend. I've been very luck to see some winners in seeds. Looks like I got another one to look up lol. Good to see you back bro. :high-five:

Thanks for the welcome bud. I still don't feel 100% back. I started a new journal but haven't linked it in my sig yet. Not much happening in it so I don't want people rushing over and then watching paint dry. LOL! There will be 6 reg 91 Krypt being grown in that journal soon. So you can see how they perform before deciding. Apparently DNA has a legit cut of chem 91.

Agreed Jim. I've always admired the CS style of growing.

You're too kind Blaze :Namaste: I just love growing them, and they seem to respond in kind. :volcano-smiley:

I better grab my spot now, I'm on the way over. :high-five:

One of these days I'll figure out how to grow something this beautiful. Great Job!

:thanks: I peeked at your latest, I'd bet you already have. :high-five: She sure is a happy plant. Smells are amazing. I wish I could cut you all a slice lol. She is a great plant for anyone looking to dial in a strain Imo. Barely have to feed in Veg or early flower, just ramp up week 3-5, then drop her feed slowly into a two week flush from 7-9, and she's done. :love:

-----------------------------

DoLato the 2nd is breaking soil today. DoLato the 1st is still hanging on despite her decapitation. I've never rooted a 2 day old seedling, but she might just make it.

That puts us in order of expected harvest:
SSD,
Tahoe, KP, SSSDH, Bubba's Gift, Candyland, DoLato (x2), Space Cheese (R), & Texas Blueberry(R).

That's UP to nine strains for med use in 2017. I'm aiming to be done by mid-summer before the worst of the heat. I may add more if something special comes around. Peace and pot my friends. :circle-of-love:

Your plants are always perfectly healthy & vibrant w/ high gloss leaves. Flawless! The SSSDH looks very much like the old pack of regulars I had. Not from Res but OJD at Connoisseur. Grew all of them outdoors & they all took on the taller, lanky sativa look. It was that pack of seeds that got me hooked on SSSDH.
:circle-of-love: :Namaste:

I'm stoked that they look this good, with the low RH. It's really a testimony to how hardy the plant is, when healthy. I'm fine with either breeder really, but where I like and respect OJD, I like most, have opposite feelings about the other character. However, I would love to find a male from that original or early Rez release. He lost it or refused to breed with it, as the F generations were throwing fire left and right, and people were breeding it themselves. If you know Logic, I've asked him to see if he knows which breeder. I don't hang there, so I don't even have PM privileges etc, but I expect he will answer, and the mystery will be solved.

-------------

Texas Blueberry has sprouted. It's twins. Two separate, normal coty leaf having sprouts! Of course she huge and purple, and I took pics...to follow.

DoLato II has arisen and looks healthy and a bit purple, yay! Happy garden to y'all!

i am along for the ride Care! Things are looking awesome which is no surprise. The Killer Purps sounds interesting and I will be watching to see how she does :thumb:

:hug: Great news, lemme clear a beanbag....I think 420brother is passed out around here somewhere, careful not to step on him lol.

KP is looking impressive. I'm partial to USA and Spanish breeders, but this one really looks like a great plant to work with. The habit and vigor are strong, and she's got the smell and look too. Flower and smoke will reveal if we are correct :high-five:

:hug: Great news, lemme clear a beanbag....I think 420brother is passed out around here somewhere, careful not to step on him lol.

KP is looking impressive. I'm partial to USA and Spanish breeders, but this one really looks like a great plant to work with. The habit and vigor are strong, and she's got the smell and look too. Flower and smoke will reveal if we are correct :high-five:
Thanks for the welcome man. I will try not to step on anyone as I lumber over to the bean bag. Is the killer purps bred out by Bomb seeds? I have run a couple of their strains with varying results. I was disappointed in their THC bomb and Medi Bomb #2 but their Big Bomb is consistent with decent smoke though not a knock out. Their Berry Bomb preformed well too though I am unsure how stable the stock is. I hope you end up with a legit purple pheno that will be nice to watch.

Being in the northeast have you ever come across any MOB? A breeder recently released seeds of the strain and their description places the origins in the Boston area though I have always heard it came from a couple of states up. If you ever come across a true cut of it you should try and get your hands on it. The real deal is nice and fruity with nugs that are bright green frosted in white with bits of purple here and there :cheesygrinsmiley:

Being in the northeast have you ever come across any MOB? A breeder recently released seeds of the strain and their description places the origins in the Boston area though I have always heard it came from a couple of states up. If you ever come across a true cut of it you should try and get your hands on it. The real deal is nice and fruity with nugs that are bright green frosted in white with bits of purple here and there :cheesygrinsmiley:

Oh my, that sounds delightful. I hadn't heard of it. I'm hoping we can finally open up about cuts, since going legal. Kinda like a farmers market lol...would be great to meet and swap some known cuts. :Namaste: Would be even greater to find my most coveted ECSD.... I would build the room around her, and cross her with everything :love:

Killer Purp was part of a prize package, for NOTY 2015, so a free seed. I hope she's got something interesting, her foliage hints at something nice in the making.

Coincidentally, that was the last time I entered any of the contests, until this month's Photo Contest. I'm not trying to campaign, but instead suggest that anyone that likes seeds, go post some pics over there (your pics) or (from others with credit) and maybe win some free seeds...like a lot of them :) There's some fire in your yards, just sayin ;)

420 Magazine's Creme De La Creme Photo Contest - January 2017

Took a test bud of SSD tonight...and it's sticky as hell. :) I have some trich shots too, will post soon.

Back
Top Bottom