Staker's 2017: SSSDH, Killer Purps, Dolato, Candyland & Breeder's Test Grows

Some flowering meds... levels are very low lol... Srawberry SD bush, around week 6. She's got 3 left. Should fatten up I'd say. I'll feed once more, and then let the fade go deep. She's about 4' tall, I should measure. Terps are really good, health is pretty high. Smells lethal.

IMAG8395.jpg

Tahoe OG Kush.
This girl is very healthy, and is the clone of the seed plant I ran last Year. Kept in spindly stasis Solo cup for 9 months, and then transplanted, nursed back to health, and flowered. Since it was in a shape I would not normally create (so dense) I thought I'd let it stay mostly unmolested, and just pruned and defoled the bare minimum, to see how she developed.

She'll build, then swell, then frost up white. Sorry for the bad pics, but it looks like she's filling out pretty evenly.
IMAG8397.jpg

IMAG8396.jpg

IMAG8399.jpg
IMAG8398.jpg

Killer Purps. 12/12 on 1/8 no pistils yet.

She's got excellent structure and symmetry, with good vigor and great health. Couple of pics in Veg, now in the big girls room.

IMAG8374.jpg
sssdh.jpg
IMAG8381.jpg

Group shot. Currently 600w Ushio and 240w Vero COB = 840w
Front left is SSSDH (on 8" riser) right is Killer Purp (on 18" riser)
Back left is Tahoe (no riser) right is SSD (no riser)

IMAG8403.jpg

Candyland...Vegging for some time now...will have to look. What can I say, I appreciate the special cases. This one is very beefy, and showing pistils, so ostensibly female. She's grown some weird ass leafs with double-barrel petiole where one has three fingers, and the other two. Gnarly ones too. Her new growth looks pale and sickly til it fills in, and gets real thick with a health shine. Smell is very vegital, menthol with some hint at things to come. Her petioles also grow toward the light, and don't necessarily stay straight. They curve or jag to get to the 'sun'.

IMAG8409.jpg
IMAG8409.jpg
IMAG8406.jpg
IMAG8405.jpg

Bubba's Gift. Her leafs have a grey sheen to them. I'm betting she's going to save her talking for laters.

IMAG8410.jpg
IMAG8411.jpg
IMAG8414.jpg

That ugly thing in the back, is an archive pot with four different strains. I let the cuts go in solos for almost a year, and they were so raggly, I couldn't get any good cuts, so I've planted them all in big pot till I can get some good branches out of them.

Peace and pot..and thanks for sharing them with me!

Heheh, it's a bit dissonant to see you growing highly trained flat-top bushes. :laugh: I keep thinking "wow, that's a really a beefy fat thang", and then I remember it's yours - not a shapely elegant specimen as usual. Fun to see!

I dig your trash pot, too. :laugh: I have a sorta munchausen's thing with not-dead plants, myself. :bongrip:

Great garden "tour"....many interesting strains. All looking fine...right up there with the usual CareStaker standard of excellence. What's the background on Killer Purps? Curious if related to Mendo Purps? I've always really liked MP.... head high indica plus color.
:goodjob: :Namaste:

:thanks: They are a motley crew for sure, and not looking too bad. The new mix is a bit of a learning curve. I probably added too many organic amendments to the 1 gal pots, but hope that my final pots will be more on ratio for them. Doing foliar this round, and the leaf tissues of the plant are showing more elasticity and are more supple. Even if there are a few yellow spots here and there, overall health has increased, and they are healthier as a whole. I just gotta work with it more to know it.

Killer Purps was from a 5 pack of seeds, so graciously donated by Gorilla Seeds, for Nug of the Year 2015.

Lovers of colour take note, Killer Purps has landed! This sativa dominant wonder plant is a next level cross between a rare purple phenotype of Buzz Bomb and a classic cut of the cannabis cup winning Sour Diesel. The result is a super-dank purple strain with a killer smoke and masses of bag appeal. Killer Purps is our first truly purple strain and we’re stoked with the end result! Growing tall without becoming unmanageable, it produces buds the full length of its long side branches. This helps keep yields high (450–500 g/m2), at the same time producing super sticky, highly resinous, purple buds. For the resin lovers, there’ll be plenty of good scissor hash left come harvest time
The plant responds well to trimming and training, and LST (low stress training) is a good option if space is an issue. Be aware though, the Diesel genetics mean the plant can give off a pungent aroma later in flowering.
The high quality smoke and stone rank Killer Purps up there with the very best connoisseur strains! The pungent, skunky, Diesel tang is offset with a slightly sweet, citrus after taste. The stone is an instant hit, starting with a spiralling cerebral high, which builds nicely to a long lasting head stone.

Heheh, it's a bit dissonant to see you growing highly trained flat-top bushes. :laugh: I keep thinking "wow, that's a really a beefy fat thang", and then I remember it's yours - not a shapely elegant specimen as usual. Fun to see!

I dig your trash pot, too. :laugh: I have a sorta munchausen's thing with not-dead plants, myself. :bongrip:

The older I get, the more I'm of two minds about every thing. I love to see them grow tall and elegant, with 4 spiring mains, with fans circling symetrically. Then there's the pragmatist side, knowing that I'm really quite low, and need to maximize my med production....so your insight with the word dissonance is absolutely spot on. :Namaste: Needs over wants drove the shape. I dig it, she's a 6" carpet of bud, and she's swelling. The lowers all have that revegged node structure, so they should start to get real heavy. I have a loop or two of wire on her, but I'm going to have to tie up each shoot.

The Tahoe bush... I let her go without pruning, as a test of whether I can reach the inside of her with enough light to tighten up her nugs in this configuration. Normally, I don't do this as you noted. I hope I'm not tempting mold, but I can beat that crap if it shows up.

So. Anything buzzing about your house :)

Very lovely tour brother. Love the strains you grow man, always somthing interesting and dank.
Grow on brother. :love:

Danks Dusty O'Kief!

Next up is a little seed... going to have to read the label and get back to you lol. ;)

Where are my glasses?

This round should yield some fire my friend. Plant sugar, root health, leaf health and oil production are all up from the last round, and those flowers were the best I've ever had.

These will be even better, I'm about to get focused. :volcano-smiley:

Danks Dusty O'Kief!

Next up is a little seed... going to have to read the label and get back to you lol. ;)

Where are my glasses?

This round should yield some fire my friend. Plant sugar, root health, leaf health and oil production are all up from the last round, and those flowers were the best I've ever had.

These will be even better, I'm about to get focused. :volcano-smiley:
I like where this is going....just gonna sit back and watch you work!.

I like where this is going....just gonna sit back and watch you work!.

Great to have you here YT. :Namaste:
Grab a seat, and something to burn, there's a few jars going around. I'm using only a slight deviation from last round, so barring any boneheaded mistakes, we should see some fine flowers. I always like this time of year for indoor. My favorite is a late winter, early spring finish in my location. This one should show some great flowers and resin. :Namaste:

--

KP is starting to show flowering signs, and SSSDH is finishing up the stretch.
Dolato should break soil today. Space Cake is getting distilled water. Garden is happen and green. SSD is swelling. Tahoe is bushing, and very healthy. Fed them mostly organic soup tonight. I'm feeding .... Ca/Mg, beneficial bacterial/fungus, humics, sugar, kelp-derived enhancers, kelp-derived regulators, hygrozyme, Raw K, and trying some Heavy Prime/Fire, which I'm liking so far. For SSD and Tahoe I'll hit them with real low PPM feeds of Sensi at 2-4ml/gal so one eighth feed rate despite them being in hard flower. My leaf strategy for this round has varied by plant. I'm leaving most of them, and giving the plant plenty of time to know what it's going to have at key points in maturation. I cleaned up SSD after the stretch, but didn't hit Tahoe hard at all. I did do some daily pinching off, one or two light blockers. Leaving this many leafs has also been done to help bring RH in the tent up during winter. :volcano-smiley:

The space cheese nebula × blue cheese. Hope she's out of this world.
Happy daze brother.

Nebula won a few, and should bring some good resin, the blueberry should add some taste/stretch/yield, and the cheese should please too. Sounds like a winner, I can't wait to see the flowers. :) :love:

Happy New Year Staker :ciao:

Great lineup; Bubba's Gift loud as ....k and a bit special. Mine is already all gone :yummy:

I'm so excited to hear that. :high-five: I have been dying to try it for so long, and grew the one that didn't get flowered. A kind soul gifted this one to me after seeing my first Fem seed, grow nothing but male parts. A good bit of this grow is from donated testers or gifted seeds, which makes it all the better. :Namaste: I see you have a new Outdoor up, I'll drop in and claim a beanbag somewhere out of the way.

Great to have you here YT. :Namaste:
Grab a seat, and something to burn, there's a few jars going around. I'm using only a slight deviation from last round, so barring any boneheaded mistakes, we should see some fine flowers. I always like this time of year for indoor. My favorite is a late winter, early spring finish in my location. This one should show some great flowers and resin. :Namaste:

--

KP is starting to show flowering signs, and SSSDH is finishing up the stretch.
Dolato should break soil today. Space Cake is getting distilled water. Garden is happen and green. SSD is swelling. Tahoe is bushing, and very healthy. Fed them mostly organic soup tonight. I'm feeding .... Ca/Mg, beneficial bacterial/fungus, humics, sugar, kelp-derived enhancers, kelp-derived regulators, hygrozyme, Raw K, and trying some Heavy Prime/Fire, which I'm liking so far. For SSD and Tahoe I'll hit them with real low PPM feeds of Sensi at 2-4ml/gal so one eighth feed rate despite them being in hard flower. My leaf strategy for this round has varied by plant. I'm leaving most of them, and giving the plant plenty of time to know what it's going to have at key points in maturation. I cleaned up SSD after the stretch, but didn't hit Tahoe hard at all. I did do some daily pinching off, one or two light blockers. Leaving this many leafs has also been done to help bring RH in the tent up during winter. :volcano-smiley:

Enjoyed reading about the banquet your ladies are feeding on....very nice. You're tilting more organic brother......gonna be something in your garden. :high-five: :Namaste:

Enjoyed reading about the banquet your ladies are feeding on....very nice. You're tilting more organic brother......gonna be something in your garden. :high-five: :Namaste:

Knew you would brother. :high-five: It's been a while since I've posted my feed, it changes all the time. Things cycle in, and out. I've feel that I've been walking the line between organic/synth so long, keeping life in the soil, while also using synths sparingly. I've been watching what works, and at what cost. For a year or so, I've been tilting as you say, while attempting to keep yield, while improving quality. The next step for me was adding foliar to the first 3 weeks of flower, so I can further reduce feeding with 'nutes' per say. Foliar is now part of the regimen, despite the mess and risk of PM (not much in winter).

Don't know if I've posted the medium, but there is. a slight change there too: FFOF (5parts), Basement Mix coco (3parts), Perlite (2part) , powdered Azomite, powdered mycos, and powdered Cal/Mag with fish, in fabric 5 gallon pots.

Dolato is born. She came up razor sharp, with no help. She's a little small, but has a bright white stem, and perfect coty leafs - she's beautiful. I'm so happy! :Namaste:

My wife thinks I'm being dramatic...with how upset I was after learning that our new kitten killed Dolato dead. Bean two hitting water in just minutes. Only a strain junkie would understand the impact of losing her... I was more than a little mad. :ban:

Kittens are cute for a reason, and I'm just going to hope the next one pops. Gotta teach her on the crap plants, holy f*** and lol.

Edit - I planted her back in the soil, but she snapped right near the soil line, so I don't hold much hope of her rooting. Worth a shot though.

Back
Top Bottom