Staker's 2017: SSSDH, Killer Purps, Dolato, Candyland & Breeder's Test Grows

Lovely trich shots there. Nice and milky. I like to harvest when I can just start to see a few amber. So something like 90% cloudy, 5% amber, 5% clear. Nice and strong at that point, and will cure well into a more rounded stone over the next 2 months.

As for the discussion on less is more, apart from adding LED, I have also progressively fed less, added more calmag and used beneficial microbes and sugars. That last point... I thought it was useless with synth nutes, but I've definitely noticed a difference.

I think she's ready. Taking her tonight. :blunt:

Stellar stuff my friend! Keep chuggin!

Thanks brother, I've got some nice girls in there, I'm gonna have to make sure they are happy. :Namaste:

I'm with blaze. I don't like Amber's they make my stomach upset. That could be in my head.lol
90-5-5 that's perfect to my. Mostly milky , brain candy.:)
Happy Sabbath brother.

That's my normal aim, which is peak ripeness. I think I'm about there. From the pic above, I see about 5% amber, but I had to look for those. I'm a few days over that, expecting about fairly equal 5-10% clear and amber when dry. This girl is so strong, the testers are putting us seven tokes over the line. :bitingnails:

That SSD sounds like something special though hammering heart isn't one of my favorite effects. I came across a breeder that claims to use ECSD in a couple of their strains and couldn't help but think of all you have going on.

She a rocket, and a ton of fun. I've employed a few coping mechanisms to deal with the side effects, because I just love that boooost she gives. I can be prone to paranoia and anxiety with weeds that have this much punch, and I've found that initial dosing needs to be low, and then build slowly, then the skys the limit. But, she's a bit much lol, so yeah, maybe not everyones cup of tea. We all align with some strains better than others.

What strains did he cross with? I'm really loving this SSSDH, wait till she swells, she's a bombshell in a binkini ... like no leafs, all sticky bud.

7 tokes over the line ... :cheesygrinsmiley: ... I know that feeling well, especially when testing newly harvested strains. Always seem to surprise myself with the potency. Don't know wether I should be elated, or scared. LOL!!

SSD Harvest Day 65 of 12's, so about a nine week flower.

Just brought her into the bedroom, so that she will be out of the tent when the light goes off at 420 this morning. When I get up at 8 or 9am, I'll cut her at the main stem and hang her whole.

She has a beautiful fade, and I caught her where I wanted her. Post the pics soon. She's really quite nice :circle-of-love:

Scared :straightface:

:popcorn: Late as usual.Stellar plants as usual.
Thx for the invite Care.
Carry on....

MJ,
High Bruh. Im back. Update in my yard.
Now back to your scheduled grow....:Namaste:
Man...it's good to see you bro. Doing ok I hope?

Hey, care. Do you cut, hang the whole plant then trim when dry? Do you do any washing process?

When I can, I prefer it, if you can deleaf them first. Otherwise it's a pita getting the fans off a sticky diva without some damage. I had to cut her into about four sections anyway, to fit her above the Veggers. When I have time, I'll make a new drying box. HD big ass box, string something across, hang, fashion and modulate lid & vent to have variable control of RH - like humidity dome. I aim for 50-60% RH range. I always fear mold, but have been lucky for some time. :Namaste:

:popcorn: Late as usual.Stellar plants as usual.
Thx for the invite Care.
Carry on....

Hah Ha! My man. :high-five: I'll be over to catch up.

Ya I have found that finding the right strain is the key to not causing too much anxiety. On the first site it showed two strains that had the ECSD crossed with Chelumbian. After looking some more it's just one cross using these two which makes more sense. The Chelumbian is a cross between Exodus Cheese and Santa Marta Colombian Gold.

That sounds really tasty, I even like that name, once I let myself be able to say it lol. Also, that Santa Marta has got to add incredible landrace power to growth and effect, and while I'm not sold on Cheese, it's genetic background is such that it mixes well most other strains - so a welcome addition. I may have to add those to the collection, thanks for the tip!

Going to sort some pics now, SSD came down. :)

Harvest: Strawberry Sour Diesel:

She went 65 days of 12/12 light, flowering about 60 days total. Left her a few days longer than I might normally, to see if would temper her effect just a notch. So maybe 10% amber at dry. I suppose we'll see. She smelled perfectly ripe, and heavenly. Berries and kush like scents, sugar syrup and a bit of gas. It may sound like I'm raving. I'm not sure I'm not. It's really pretty good stuff. Great to have in your kit.

She was just tied up with some wire here and there.

IMAG033021.jpg
IMAG031625.jpg
IMAG032532.jpg
IMAG033721.jpg
IMAG033823.jpg
IMAG032227.jpg
IMAG032325.jpg
IMAG035519.jpg
IMAG034631.jpg
IMAG035130.jpg
IMAG033625.jpg
IMAG032033.jpg
tent3.jpeg

SSD sounds fantastic :) your girl looks gorgeous, nice job mate :thumb: actually dropped in a Strawberry Cough the other day and have a whole heap of male Sour D pollen floating around right now, might have to do a cross when she gets a bit bigger i think :) quite interested in dropping a couple of seeds i have here from TGA - Strawberry Sour Diesel x Space Dude :thumb:

SSD sounds fantastic :) your girl looks gorgeous, nice job mate :thumb: actually dropped in a Strawberry Cough the other day and have a whole heap of male Sour D pollen floating around right now, might have to do a cross when she gets a bit bigger i think :) quite interested in dropping a couple of seeds i have here from TGA - Strawberry Sour Diesel x Space Dude :thumb:

:thanks: That Cough is pretty nice, there's some nice smiles in that girl, foe show. Her flavor dominates the pheno I have, you can smell it long before you even touch the herb. The TGA cross sounds like a winner. I've only run the one, but they seem to cross well with each other - they pull together. Space Dude? haha! Where's my car lol. You going to journal?

Nice one mate ;) yeah the Space Dude from what ive read is his best Space Queen male :thumb: anything it touches seems to be fire. I probably wont get around to the TGA beans till june but will defo have them in my journal ;) got a pretty full on schedule of strains to get through before then and clear up a bit of space for some breeding projects :)

Man CS it looks like that lady finished rather well. You should end up with quite a bit off of her. :thumb:

I have never run cheese on its own but have ran a couple of crosses that were nice. Some nicer than other but that is to be expected. I ran LA Cheese a couple of times, once from a clone I got and then from seed from a seed bank, and it was stellar both times. The clone was the better pheno of the two in terms of yield. I also ran a Chunky Cheese that was decent but not amazing. If you decide the ECSD cross is something you want to try but can't find let me know and I will point you to where I found it.

damn, nice and chunky bro! can I ask your average pull per plant?

:thanks: Typically, I shoot for a zip more than my container, so 3gal should be 4, these 5gals, should do 6 or so. But, sometimes there are surprises, when you grow from seed. In a #3 Smartpot of straight soil, I've had everything from 55 grams to 230 grams. I'd never hit that top number without basically running the soil, as passive hydro (all bottled nutes). Doing that in soil though, the bud was frosty, and even won NOTY 2014, but it was over nuted when you smoked it. Now, I underfeed a little, and let the soil mix do most of the feeding, but should still get around an oz or better per gallon of soil. :Namaste:
Nice one mate ;) yeah the Space Dude from what ive read is his best Space Queen male :thumb: anything it touches seems to be fire. I probably wont get around to the TGA beans till june but will defo have them in my journal ;) got a pretty full on schedule of strains to get through before then and clear up a bit of space for some breeding projects :)

Lots to like about TGA imo, but I haven't really run their stuff. I'd be interested in your take on it. I just subbed up so I don't miss them. Don't know how I missed subbing your journal, but that's fixed. Probably looked at the page count lol. Well, now that BAR and SS aren't each cranking out 40 pages a week, I might be able to keep up. :) :Namaste:
Man CS it looks like that lady finished rather well. You should end up with quite a bit off of her. :thumb:

I have never run cheese on its own but have ran a couple of crosses that were nice. Some nicer than other but that is to be expected. I ran LA Cheese a couple of times, once from a clone I got and then from seed from a seed bank, and it was stellar both times. The clone was the better pheno of the two in terms of yield. I also ran a Chunky Cheese that was decent but not amazing. If you decide the ECSD cross is something you want to try but can't find let me know and I will point you to where I found it.

It's not the heaviest, and there's some popcorn for sure, but she should deliver some fine sticky buds. If I grow out another mother, I'll go with fewer tops though, trimming is a pita. :) Could you PM me the breeder of the cross, I'd be interested in looking at it for sure. Love me some beans. :Namaste:

:popcorn: I'm subbed. Beautiful plants.

:thanks: Blighty! :Namaste: We are just getting to the headliners, and they are all looking like they will be something real nice to smoke. Happy for you to see them, welcome!

Lots to like about TGA imo, but I haven't really run their stuff. I'd be interested in your take on it. I just subbed up so I don't miss them. Don't know how I missed subbing your journal, but that's fixed. Probably looked at the page count lol. Well, now that BAR and SS aren't each cranking out 40 pages a week, I might be able to keep up. :) :Namaste:

I have not run any of their strains either yet but have seen and heard great things, also have a feeling he was holding a lot of Brothers Grimm original cuts while they were not in business all these years :thumb: Have a few TGA strains here, also got Brothers Grimm's new stuff here to get to, so many :rofl: actually dropped a Killer Queen in the other day :thumb:
Thanks for the sub mate, things move pretty quickly over there, i try to cover most things in each update so everyone doesnt have to go back through spending hours reading hehe ;)

I have not run any of their strains either yet but have seen and heard great things, also have a feeling he was holding a lot of Brothers Grimm original cuts while they were not in business all these years :thumb: Have a few TGA strains here, also got Brothers Grimm's new stuff here to get to, so many :rofl: actually dropped a Killer Queen in the other day :thumb:
Thanks for the sub mate, things move pretty quickly over there, i try to cover most things in each update so everyone doesnt have to go back through spending hours reading hehe ;)

There's a lot of crowd sourced breeding and testing with TGA, and I think that that approach makes sense. With journals that are larger, I just hit 'like' at the top of each page to keep track, and then scroll till I see some ladies. ;)

Back
Top Bottom