Staker's 2017: SSSDH, Killer Purps, Dolato, Candyland & Breeder's Test Grows

Been hanging the quartered up bush for a few days. RH had dropped a bit, so I'm going to cut them from the stems, and pile them onto a drying rack so that they are 'huddled' together. If it drops further, I'll put them in a brown paper bag to make sure they don't dry too fast, or overdry. The smells from her are incredibly full and vibrant. She starts with a gassy fume that wisps up your nose with a huge punch of berry fruit, adds some Chem gas/laundryfunk, and then ends with some musty and microbial notes, that mix into, then disappears out of, the thick coating of berries that seemingly has always been on your tongue.

Put another two girls in the flower tent last night. They are ready enough. I gave them Calcium drenches last week, along with a shave. :)

Here's the lineup. Tahoe is coming down next, I'm stoked at how big she is getting, and how great she smells - positively reeking. Fat, heavy, tight bombs. Wet, oily, fragrant buds. She should yield very well too, she's swelling like crazy. Glad I kept a cut. :Namaste: I'll get some pics up soon.

Bubba's Gift init Feb 9, flowering not yet
Candyland Init Feb 9, flowering not yet
Tahoe Init Dec 7th, flowering Dec 12th, Day 59 flower
KillerP Init ??, flowering Jan 12, Day 28 flower
SSSDH Init Dec 30th, flower 1/6, Day 34 flower

Veg girls ... UPDATED PHOTO edit

veg60.jpg

The Dolatos are doing very well, the one that was sheered off, is looking better than the one that wasn't. Space Cheese is blowing up big, real nice look to her. The Texberry is super nice, can't wait to see her flower. I topped them all after the 3rd node, and pulled the growth above the cotys, leaving two nodes, four branches. Flower pics soon. Peace and love y'all. :Namaste:

7 tokes over the line ... :cheesygrinsmiley: ... I know that feeling well, especially when testing newly harvested strains. Always seem to surprise myself with the potency. Don't know wether I should be elated, or scared. LOL!!

^^^ That... FTW.. that's when you know you are firing all the cylinders and the ladies are along for the ride and digging it.

Should I be scared?? hahaha good one! ... freshies do that to me, not all the time but a lot of the time! The way it should be. I think a good 4 to 6 week cure (or longer) always tames down that boom boom feeling but the strength of the meds gets stronger. Then its back to the first question "should I be scared?" only thing after a good cure is worrying about the face plant plant! just sayin...
That ain't no joke either ... been there oops puffed myself over the line... Only us "hobbyist" growers get to experience that me thinks.

Hey there CS your ladies look really really great spectacular there buddy! Makin me jelly for some Sour D.. I've been on a Chem-D rage for the last year now and thinking maybe I need to change up ... ECSD FTW..! I don't really know that much about this strain so I'm going to pull me up my bean bag chair and ride along with my buddy's here in the back row :passitleft: watch, learn.. and puff.

I think its interesting how you manage with feeds and also organic methods of growing. There's definitely enough scientific research to back up your method for sure. I think with Big AG (to feed us) that's the future. I hope so anyways.

Your garden is growing... KIG.

Great looking youngsters CS. Before reading explanation I guessed the wrong one on which Dolato baby cat chewed off. DK's Space Cheese might be a monster. How old are all these now & how much longer do you think before flower? :clap:

Thanks brother. You know, I'm looking at them, and it's about backwards...from left to right...Dolato1, Dolato2, SpaceCheese, Texberry.

Dolato 2 has passed her by a good bit, but Dolato 1 has better structure, maybe due to her earlier travails. ;) The sure look indica, which will be nice to have... I haven't seen a fat leaf in a while, and I've missed them.

veg60.jpg

I have no idea on the dates, I'll check, but they are 3-4 weeks I'd say. I'll give them another 4-9 weeks depending on what they show. If they are tame, they get longer than the rockets. I'll drop the light right on them, and they'll stay short enough, if I've got 6+ colas going.

Just trimmed SSD, and filled two cereal containers with dried bud. Packed in Bov62, and wait. I'll trim them up later. Dry trim, should taste incredible. Think I have a shot here...

They should show calyxes pretty fast if there girls.
I'm guessing within a. Couple weeks you should know.
Happy daze and great gardening.
Namaste-Smiley.gif

Thanks brother, I'll keep an eye. They are looking quite nice as you can see. I'll get some better shots. ;) Happy Days are coming for sure :surf: Peace your Kiefness.

Makin me jelly for some Sour D.. I've been on a Chem-D rage for the last year now and thinking maybe I need to change up ... ECSD FTW..! I don't really know that much about this strain so I'm going to pull me up my bean bag chair and ride along with my buddy's here in the back row

I think its interesting how you manage with feeds and also organic methods of growing. There's definitely enough scientific research to back up your method for sure. I think with Big AG (to feed us) that's the future. I hope so anyways.

Your garden is growing... KIG.

Man the sour is the shizz. Love it. Tweaks some people out, which just adds to the fun imo lol. I ran the gamut in soil(s) from passive hydro to almost nothing but water, and have found that you have to walk on one side of that road or the other. The middle sucks. Roots don't want to orient in mass to both simultaneously imo. Farm one way, but have elements of each. We're all still learning. Let me know if you make if up here sometimes, I'd smoke you up on this here SSD.

Left the leafs on while drying, I'll touch it up later. Couple of nugs.

IMAG043224.jpg
IMAG043125.jpg
IMAG043019.jpg

There's a big Boveda in each cearal sized container. Should be 6-8, but we will see after the final trim.

IMAG044321.jpg

RH was lower than I wanted, and buds were on the edge of being too dry, so I just piled them in there with the big Bovedas. I'll fluff and burp, and will have to trim it all up later.

How do you find the 62 bovedas mate? i ran them for a while but found the buds were still a little to moist for the grinder, I have switched to the 58% bovedas now and its spot on, perfect from the jar every time
permagrin.gif

I do like them for cure...but I agree, they are too wet for smoking. You'd need to take the bud out 2-3 days before you need it...pita lol.

Wow those nugs look strawberrylicious hehehhehe looooove these fruty exotic strains.Please tell us some more on the smell and density...and after the taste hehhehe.Cheeeers .........

..."Whoever sad best things in life are free...obviosly grew their own bud."...

Wow those nugs look strawberrylicious hehehhehe looooove these fruty exotic strains.Please tell us some more on the smell and density...and after the taste hehhehe.Cheeeers

I can really appreciate your enthusiasm Ziggii. The SSD is not that dense, at least the pheno I have, it's more like a Diesel in that respect. I'll be posting a pic and speaking more on it soon my friend. :Namaste::Namaste:

Just sorting some pics out, should be posting mini update soon. Need to work on it... :volcano-smiley:

Some love for Killer Purple, Day 31 Flower. She's been pushing wispy thick stigmas, and frosting up quickly. She's recovered from her Mag and N deficiencies nicely, she's no longer two toned. She's pretty thick, should be some real nice buds. Smells are coming together, but they aren't the usual known players. Mystery smells, I'll do my best when I can take a better stab at it. She's a vigorous short fat sativa bush, kinda different, I'm diggin her. Easy as pie to grow. She wanted a little top up after the pre-flower stretch, but otherwise light feeder. Should be some FAT crusty colas. :love:

IMAG045021.jpg
IMAG049716.jpg
IMAG045923.jpg
IMAG050315.jpg
IMAG05009.jpg
IMAG048713.jpg

I pulled some of the girls out....I got 5 in there now, Candyland and Bubba's Gift were put in the flower tent last week. BG is flowering as of 2/13

The Lensed COBs are visible, running about 80% power, with the 600w on full.

IMAG049416.jpg

SSSDH Day 45 12/12, Day 38 flower

She's taken a small break, a plateau, but I expect another round or two of stigmas, and a very nice swell. She's only got 'fed' once, (edit: probably twice, I'm stoned) but get's a nice soup of many benes, and sugar. oh my :love:

IMAG047018.jpg

BREAKING A test PIECE OF SSD.... that tree I just cut down, and this is what she looks like when broken up.

Up in my faves for sure. Smells are of light pine on the front mixed with ripe berries, and then comes the gas/fuel cleaner smell, with a trail of sugar and a sweet floral scent, almost like lilac. Wow. Hit's hard, tons of Diesel push..this the real deal. Feels like old school Diesel, which would make sense given the density and bud structure. I feel like her smoke does a great job of representing the Diesel clone, and giving it a nice twist. Flavor and punch. Don't have numbers yet. Buds were borderline too dry, so I don't want to leave them out in current RH (15%) til they've had enough cure...so another week. I'll have to dry trim, smell is outrageous...testers almost got someone fired lol.

IMAG050714.jpg

Tahoe is fading in a spectacular way, turning yellow, but staying shiny till the end. Test buds aren't that potent, but I've been here before with her. She'll come together in the last week.

Space Cheese is the pick of the litter, with the Texberry and the Dolatos not far behind. Candlyand is still mystifying me, but she could just be another mutant. Or she doesn't like my mix. Her leafs in Veg have more oil in them than many I've seen in flower, so she's probably going to be worth the effort. Fans coming out in transition have squat trichomes visible on new/immature growth. Tahoe coming down in the next couple days, she's falling over, heavy with some seriously stickly buds. I'll post her up as I chop. :circle-of-love:

KP wearing a heavy fur coat & SSSDH looking so elegant...changing colors up top from her own fur coat. Very nicely done. :welldone:

Thanks my friend. :high-five: They are all coming along nicely. SSSDH looks like she'll push another round, and then swell again. She's six weeks, so she's got five wk+ left, wow. I'll just keep her on the chill. That KP smells delish, not sure what it is though. Can't believe she's still pushing that many stigmas. My next two look pretty sad though. I'm hoping the perk up in flower. :Namaste:

Mopey transitional girls. B.Gift and Candyland are flowering as of 2/13 and short-day as of 2/9.

SSSDH looks like she's ripening fast...maybe she'll be an earlier one. Last time I harvested at 61 days...which caught me by surprise. :Namaste:
She does look quick. She's about 45 days now, and I gave her one last 'feed' of .5gal 500ppm soup. She'll get molasses, enzymes, & water until I can get a guage at when to pull, and water for the last week. I should be clear to pull anytime between 63-80, she'll have enough to get her there, and nothing more. :high-five: Thanks for the timing tips BL!

Took a real close look at SSSDH, and Tahoe. Tahoe is coming down tonight, she's yellowed out so nicely.

SSSDH looks like she's also starting to fade, but in a weird way. I'm not sure if the camera will pick it up yet, but while she's green everywhere, including old growth big fans, she's got some yellowing in the top most sugar leaf surrounding the top colas. It's not the usual type, it's more splotchy, and there's no tissue damage or necrosis - looks a bit like variegation. The leaf tips in that same area also look like they got a slight burn, but I've not feed enough to burn her, and it's just the very top set of sugarleaf. The tips could be due to guttation caused by really low RH in combination with a 'feed', so it might not be burn in that sense. I'll get some photos, it's really minor, but I'm interested in learning why the yellowing is there. :Namaste: She pushed a bunch of trichs recently, so BL's sage words may be the reason.. she might be done sooner than later. :love:

SSD came in light at 148g, a little disappointing, but she was grown for cuts, and flowing her out was just a nice surprise. I wouldn't grow with that many tops in the future, just too much trimming, and yield wasn't great. Maybe I could have defoled more. Anyway, her buds are top notch, we reach for them often, she can be used most of the day through now. Great for a workout, cleaning the house ;) Looks and smells like Diesel, the Chem smell really came on in the dry/cure, it reeks so bad the smell gets through everything. I'll get some pics of Tahoe & Veggers tonight.

Peace and love y'all. :circle-of-love:

Anybody wanna help me.Ill start my indoor journey and I want to make sure I get everything together right as fast as possible and start the journey ...

..."Whoever sad best things in life are free...obviosly grew their own bud."...
Please help with lights

5.2 zips? doesn't sound too bad to me lol!

Thanks B, it really isn't, I'm just crazy. :thumb: The smoke is real nice, I'm putting almost all of it aside, so totally worth it.

I'm with the boogyman. That seems like a respectable pull to me cs. And the smoke you got from it sounds awesome :thumb:
It is, I'm just a big fan of more. ;) Great all rounder, good for the day, and a nice boost when you light her up. Flavor, great effect, and potent. Having some right now. :volcano-smiley:

UPDATE: Harvest Buddha Tahoe OG

She's covered and fragrant. Smokey death skunk sour candy scents. I looked at her under the microscope, and wow, it's a river of resin.

Buds are sublimely light green, and the floral clusters are highlighted by pale orange stigmas. She's grey white in person. Might start sending samples for testing.

IMAG053525.jpg
IMAG053018.jpg
IMAG053820.jpg
IMAG055021.jpg
IMAG054323.jpg
IMAG060811.jpg
IMAG061111.jpg
IMAG054621.jpg
IMAG059612.jpg
IMAG060911.jpg
IMAG056016.jpg

Looks like SSSDH is just yellowing out. I'll plan for 9.5 weeks, and will harvest her for re-veg to take cuttings. :)

Veg tent was droopy yesterday, as I'm waiting to up-pot... need to get some 5's to put them in...soon.

Back
Top Bottom