New guy on the board

One thing that I'm doing now is growing my blue dream in the high dollar name brand stuff and I've got a purple punch going right beside her and I'm using a generic with actually slightly better numbers and lo a behold the generic stuff is working better so I'm pretty sure that buying a name doesn't make a difference. Good dirt is good dirt it doesn't matter whose names on the bag
I run coco not soil.
But my coco is better than your average soil because of the microbes & fungi in the root zone.
I add bokashi, frass and Dynomyco to feed my roots for me.
You don't need expensive soil for a good grow.
A little life added to the root zone works wonders.
Have you ever tried a microbial tea?

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Cool yes I've heard of microbial tea I also know that living soil is another option I've heard of but I'm not very familiar with I thought all good soil was alive microbioloy speaking... I mean if you don't have microbes doing their job then you definitely aren't going to have healthy plants

Cool yes I've heard of microbial tea I also know that living soil is another option I've heard of but I'm not very familiar with I thought all good soil was alive microbioloy speaking... I mean if you don't have microbes doing their job then you definitely aren't going to have healthy plants
True most soil has microbes.
All I meant was cheap soil can work well if you boost the microbes and feed them a sugar product to keep them alive.
A microbial tea designed for cannabis can make a huge improvement.
Molasses or a product like sweet candy will make them multiply.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

So this is day 7 of my northern lights sprout it's not showing very much growth it has a Healthy root system so far but not a lot going on topside I've already planted its replacement but any thoughts on this one? I typically don't waste my time with slow seedlings I just plant several and weed out the weak ones. But with these seeds being $30.00 a pop I kinda have to do things a little different

20240727_071602.jpg

I am I've got her under a different light now I've started all kinds of seeds under the other light and I've never had this issue is northern lights like super sensitive or something? SMH either way I'm gonna give it another week and then I'm moving on I don't have time for weak plants. Not when everything else grows just fine in the same environment I know seedlings need less light than mature established plants though and there's areas in my grow room for that but for some reason this one seems to be a pain in the butt

I created a seedling zone in my grow room this morning with a violet seedling light and some climate control I know that good seedlings will thrive in the environment so hopefully it'll help weaker ones do better too. I've had tomatoes and other veggies have a rough time getting started and end up with a strong finish so maybe that'll be the case with my northern lights that's struggling I am seeing new growth starting so 🤞.....

I've grown a bit of DWC with a "Blurple" light, everyone around me told me it wouldn't work, but it worked out just fine. But the light got me a bit.. I dont know. It affected me some way, I felt a bit dizzy and depressed by it. I hadn't closed it off properly either so it leaked out in my home. I flowered as soon as I could 😂

I feel a lot better now 👍 No scientist, just my personal reflection.

I just wanted to add that after all the great advice I received from here and my extensive search results, although great and informative and invaluable it can also be a bit overwhelming just to know which way to go. So I personally came to a point where I said screw it I'm just gonna try some things and see what happens so armed with my many years experience growing Garden vegetables and house plants, combined with the knowledge I had at my disposal between here and Google I decided to focus on the numbers in the soil and the food I didn't put my faith into a brand name I simply went with the numbers on labels. I even made my own grow lights with items I found at dollar tree. and for me it's working fantastically I'm just a first time closet grower so I don't have anywhere near the decades of experience that can be found here. But I know what I do have undoubtedly and that is healthy highly vigorous quality plants with sticky fat potent buds. And at the end of the day that's all any of us are trying to produce and I personally want to thank everyone here that's been good enough to listen to my concerns, answer my questions, and celebrate my success with me. And I'd anyone wants to ask me for my advice or anything else I will be more than happy to help in any way I can. This site is amazing and everyone I've talked to has been the greatest and I'm proud to be part of this group thanks everyone I appreciate you

I just wanted to add that after all the great advice I received from here and my extensive search results, although great and informative and invaluable it can also be a bit overwhelming just to know which way to go. So I personally came to a point where I said screw it I'm just gonna try some things and see what happens so armed with my many years experience growing Garden vegetables and house plants, combined with the knowledge I had at my disposal between here and Google I decided to focus on the numbers in the soil and the food I didn't put my faith into a brand name I simply went with the numbers on labels. I even made my own grow lights with items I found at dollar tree. and for me it's working fantastically I'm just a first time closet grower so I don't have anywhere near the decades of experience that can be found here. But I know what I do have undoubtedly and that is healthy highly vigorous quality plants with sticky fat potent buds. And at the end of the day that's all any of us are trying to produce and I personally want to thank everyone here that's been good enough to listen to my concerns, answer my questions, and celebrate my success with me. And I'd anyone wants to ask me for my advice or anything else I will be more than happy to help in any way I can. This site is amazing and everyone I've talked to has been the greatest and I'm proud to be part of this group thanks everyone I appreciate you
Smoke to you brother

Back
Top Bottom