New guy on the board

I don't know Bill. I'll have to get humidity checkers for it. When you say burp, do I leave lid off for a few minutes or just a few seconds? Thank you
What I do is open the jar and use a folded up paper bag or something as a hand fan to try to exchange as much air in the jar as possible, then close it up and try again the next day.

The fresh air serves two purposes. One, it provides new oxygen for the microbes that are responsible for the curing, and two it will (hopefully) replace more moist air in the jar with drier outside air and help to bring the jar humidity down gradually over several days/ weeks from the low 70's to the low 60's at which point you can keep the jar closed for longer periods.

As @Bill284 knows, when I burp my flowers I also like to transfer them into another same size jar.

Why? The flowers at the top of the jar where the air void is will be slightly drier than the ones at the bottom of the jar. By pouring them into another jar the top, drier flowers will now be at the bottom and assist in soaking up whatever moisture accumulates at the bottom of the jar while allowing the flowers that were at the bottom of the jar to dry in the air void.

What I do is open the jar and use a folded up paper bag or something as a hand fan to try to exchange as much air in the jar as possible, then close it up and try again the next day.

The fresh air serves two purposes. One, it provides new oxygen for the microbes that are responsible for the curing, and two it will (hopefully) replace more moist air in the jar with drier outside air and help to bring the jar humidity down gradually over several days/ weeks from the low 70's to the low 60's at which point you can keep the jar closed for longer periods.
Have ran them in front of fan for a few minutes. Thank you bub

As @Bill284 knows, when I burp my flowers I also like to transfer them into another same size jar.

Why? The flowers at the top of the jar where the air void is will be slightly drier than the ones at the bottom of the jar. By pouring them into another jar the top, drier flowers will now be at the bottom and assist in soaking up whatever moisture accumulates at the bottom of the jar while allowing the flowers that were at the bottom of the jar to dry in the air void.
Nice idea. I'm thinking a five gal bucket with sealable lid. Run hose outta top with exhaust check valve. One bottom air can be ported. Perhaps a disc air stone and feed air once a day. Feed valve would have a check valve so air cannot back feed, but only feed....air. lol. I just don't have any material for this right now. So I need next best. ..Mason jars.

Nice idea. I'm thinking a five gal bucket with sealable lid. Run hose outta top with exhaust check valve. One bottom air can be ported. Perhaps a disc air stone and feed air once a day. Feed valve would have a check valve so air cannot back feed, but only feed....air. lol. I just don't have any material for this right now. So I need next best. ..Mason jars.
For those of you with larger harvests, here's an automated curing system for 5 gallon buckets.

I shake my jars a little to loosen them up.
Then remove the lid an wave it a bit then replace the lid.
I also rotate my jars.
Set them upside down every other time to let bottom buds get air.
amazn has hygrometer cheap. :Namaste:
Your working blind basically if you don't know.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
I got some hydrometers today. Humidity is high. Can I just pop the lid loose n let the humidity escape for awhile? Thank you

Here's a couple of them

1725477880304727049088535340073.jpg

I got some hydrometers today. Humidity is high. Can I just pop the lid loose n let the humidity escape for awhile? Thank you
If it’s 66–67 leave the lid off for an hour a day until it hits 64 then go back to the regular schedule.
Above 68 I would leave it news paper for an hour a day until it drops to below 67.
What does your hygrometer’s read?

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

If it’s 66–67 leave the lid off for an hour a day until it hits 64 then go back to the regular schedule.
Above 68 I would leave it news paper for an hour a day until it drops to below 67.
What does your hygrometer’s read?

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
I'm out n the heat with a jar, I'll have to get home first n get it n the cool. Had to take wife to DR.

I'm out n the heat with a jar, I'll have to get home first n get it n the cool. Had to take wife to DR.
Take care of your wife.
That’s more important :Namaste:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Yeah bro, my Blackberry Kush started off pretty green too, but by the end, they turned more red. Guess the cooler temps might’ve brought out more pur

Thank you bub. U folks r a blessing.
Question for you folks. Got two outside plants going. One doing better than the other but I lost a lot this year because I just lacked experience. However I'm trying to save this one if I can n fella from hydro garden store recommended five gal water to some dawn dish soap and dump it on them....not as foliar spray. But to drench soil to kill whatever bug is eating the roots. I am ok with it because it's only solution I have. Plus I have more seeds n can grow indoors. But wanted some thoughts. Thank you

Question for you folks. Got two outside plants going. One doing better than the other but I lost a lot this year because I just lacked experience. However I'm trying to save this one if I can n fella from hydro garden store recommended five gal water to some dawn dish soap and dump it on them....not as foliar spray. But to drench soil to kill whatever bug is eating the roots. I am ok with it because it's only solution I have. Plus I have more seeds n can grow indoors. But wanted some thoughts. Thank you
I’ve never done it but I’ve read that safers insecticide soap is on on roots.
But there is products like Mosquito dunks that kill the bugs in your soil.
It’s harmless and inexpensive.
I’ve used it and it works.
Also SNS @Sierra Natural Science 209 will work as a root drench.
I use it every week in my feed water and have zero bugs anywhere on my girls/coco.
If you use soap I’d flush the soapy water out after :Namaste:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Can we get some more color on this and maybe a pic? Like why do you suspect root bugs, is in in the ground or a pot, what are you feeding it, etc.

5 gallons of water with dish soap wouldn't be my first thought without knowing more background.

Back
Top Bottom