Life In The Day Of A Coco Grower

For a little over 25 days from seed they are doing great, only have them 1L today as the pots are still a little heavy.

Yeah the white tents look very nice but I will have to try my hardest to keep it clean lol I couldn't get the 2*4 in white, it was either a corner tent or a 4*3 so at least with this 4*3 and the extra 4 sqft should get the extra yield now hopefully.

My tent eventually came, not too bad 1.5 weeks delivery but saved paying £199 as I got a great deal for £101 :).

It's hard to really say what the outside colour is but the inside is bright white so being able to clean is much more easier now, hoping it also reflects well.

Water to 10% - 20% run off every time. You normally won't need to flush if you do this. If you don't, the salts and unused nutrients will build up, just like with soil. You then need to stress the plant by a thorough flush, followed by a good feed.

Flush is a sensitive subject lol how far are you into your grow and how long does it take for the pots to semi/dry.

They say the rule for coco is to feed till run off daily but I get much better results in taking my time to water them as I have had a few plants have problems, but the only time you should feed straight water is around harvest time.

Everyone's different though as I always feed very low doses so there's never any build up in the coco, once there bigger though the feedings will get more often.

I’m taking it easy on the nutes and I feed daily. I’ll try to aim for more run off in the future.
9C10290E-E2D6-456E-8EC8-69C28D1A8192.jpeg
It’s hard to judge the weight because I’m coco and hydro stones mixed.

Hey Sticky, if those leaves at bottom of pots hang too low into coco, just chop them off. Cheese is short and stocky.
It wont even affect it, and give you room to water pots.
Coco pots that size with that size plant will need watering less.
Try cutting feeds down so its not so often and they will monster out.
Having plants dry out a bit more makes roots go searching for water and stops the 'bog down'. Which is when overwatered coco affects growth rates.
Luckily you use root excellorator, that is a great product. I use their whole range.

They look great though mate, well done!

I've watered from the top from seed to harvest using coco/perlite in a drain-to-waste system.

If I remember correctly that Autopot System keeps the nutrient solution level constant in the base of the pots. The solution is then wicked up into the pot itself by capillary action.

Until you engage the float unit to control it, you are using the Autopots as a drain-to-waste hydroponic system, and should follow the rules for that. Before you engage the float unit, I'd try to find someone that has used it with coco. I have no idea how well it will perform.

I may try auto pots eventually I did want to ages back but never bothered.

So I have managed to to source some fund, now I will admit I have asked two LED companies for a discount as I was mega hard up on funds both sponsors of the page and couldn't really offer me anything so a little disappointing.

I have a good £4-500 to spend on LED, what should I do?

My coverage is 4*3 LvW so I want equal genuine coverage with each sqft covered.

I'd go with two Mars Hydro TSL-2000s if your space is 6' or less, and consider the SP-250s or one of each if you have more height. Personally, I'd go with two TSL-2000s. You could tilt the tops together a little to get more side coverage, and the larger LED circuit boards will give you a more even coverage. These are what I'm familiar with, and are performing very well for me. If you need to wait until next week, you can still get their 420Magazine discount of 3%. Talk with SmokeSara if you do.

You can also check out our other sponsor's offerings. I'm hearing good things about both Budget LED, and Next Lights.

Back
Top Bottom