Kaldean, Journal

Mmm mosquito dunks,

Er not sure about that & all sounds very fuzzy to me... post a pic for eye candy or explain it a little, WTF does it do bud :green_heart:

Slight difference being in one part of woods to another as terminology may change about such sizzle around the world & after all we are a global community :Namaste:

Yup Yup a 2m tall tent should do you well :thumb:

I use one as well for flowering, so rest assured.

I guess some of the growing experience is just watching em grow... some experience, strategic planning on what you have growing in said conditions & always needs to be thought about.
Hi @Fuzzy Duck , thanks for getting back :) and the dunks are for them little sods the gnats, well that’s what I think I have, red something about leaf hoppers and it’s all getting a bit confusing :rofl: I will put a picture up for the gnat things on the yellow sticky things, and not sure if I’m allowed to put the dunks up, let’s hope I am , and yeah iv heard all conflicting info on how much to use, google says a quarter of a dunk per gallon of water, then I red someone who was growing used a quarter in 5 gallons, I thought I red in your cookie journal about using them, maybe I’m getting mixed up cos I also remember lavender, maybe that was yours, and that’s great news about the 2 meter tent, I’m feeling better now iv got the height I need, and just realised. It was another member who said about the dunks :rofl: anyway, I will attach some pics cos all help is more than welcome and very much appreciated, thanks for your help fella:thumb::thanks:

My general experience has been Indica leaning ladies tend to double in height during flowing, sativa dominants tend to triple for me. So a sativa dom plant flipped at 12/12 hours dark and light at 1 ft tall generally stops stretching by 3 ft. I’m a dumb Yankee, so I’m not sure what that equates to in meters lol. Why the hell didn’t we learn the metric system like the rest of the world?!? Obviously you can slow this with supercropping topping and LST. And I’ve noticed the stretch is kinder if the plants have everything they need for light, nutrients, temperatures, etc. any deficiencies tend to add to the stretch as the girls wander around looking for resources.
Thanks for the info @sneekymofo , and yeah I can’t understand all that metric mambo jumbo aswell, I pull the tape out, see the number, then google it :rofl: and yeah my 2 are indica so I’m happy you mentioned that, and with the bigger tent on the way that’s one less thing to worry about, now just the other 40 things you mentioned to over come :rofl: I’m sure with the help of yous fellas I’m gunna be ok, thanks for your help:thumb::thanks:

Hi @Fuzzy Duck , thanks for getting back :) and the dunks are for them little sods the gnats, well that’s what I think I have, red something about leaf hoppers and it’s all getting a bit confusing :rofl: I will put a picture up for the gnat things on the yellow sticky things, and not sure if I’m allowed to put the dunks up, let’s hope I am , and yeah iv heard all conflicting info on how much to use, google says a quarter of a dunk per gallon of water, then I red someone who was growing used a quarter in 5 gallons, I thought I red in your cookie journal about using them, maybe I’m getting mixed up cos I also remember lavender, maybe that was yours, and that’s great news about the 2 meter tent, I’m feeling better now iv got the height I need, and just realised. It was another member who said about the dunks :rofl: anyway, I will attach some pics cos all help is more than welcome and very much appreciated, thanks for your help fella:thumb::thanks: the mosquito dunks you can just google, don’t think I’m allowed to put em up

338310DC-6DF8-4BDB-AA32-E61C042754A6.jpeg

70DB9E8A-5AC7-4615-8544-FA427DBF94E5.jpeg

Hi people, missing info :)

grow tent - 2.5x2.5x5 feet
Light - viparspectra 600w
Soil - canna bio terra mix, (coco mix)
Feed - canna bio veg
Pot size - 1 gallon fabric pot (atm)

strain - northern lights (90% indica) + og kush (indica)

Hope that helps, iv been growing for 4-5 weeks now, my light schedule is 17/7, and I’m watering every 2-3 days, had a few problems along the way and expecting more, had some great help on here and hope yous can get me trained up lol, I’m gunna put some pics up from seedling until today, this week I’m at the stage where iv just topped my plants, had great advise to get me here and creating this journal for the help I’m gunna need lol, thanks everyone
:)
And just remembered, the clone things I’m just messing about with to see if I can get them going, not looking good lol

F1451146-09C4-4FDB-B6AA-C3C5B49B86AC.png

74BFE0C5-D35C-4688-8821-BE6586B00B9A.png

AD5FA596-0ABE-4216-86E9-A980EB13D409.png

E0FD69B5-F617-4FBE-9356-2B9F4C02A061.jpeg

D2768E56-2C75-4F6A-ACA4-27A110D7F46E.jpeg

79218B86-294A-430E-831A-71CE1997E46A.jpeg

F32B2E7D-B116-448B-87C8-050082AB7FB2.jpeg

0F60CABB-FB7A-42E3-8CB7-A291DE040043.jpeg

26A39E39-4AD6-4427-8783-0E36FB1289E5.jpeg
Here’s a week after last pics, not much action last week but this week they seem to be doing really good, think I’m going to need to repot soon , will take more pics this Thursday and see what yous great people think thanks everyone for your help so far, very much appreciated :thumb: :thanks:

DB0F4034-C3E9-4D55-8FD4-39950F75C9CD.jpeg

D70237D1-8CED-4709-BF1F-4D03BE177D66.jpeg

Nice healthy looking plants ya got their bud :thumb:

What sizes pots where you thinking of potting up into ?

Here’s a week after last pics, not much action last week but this week they seem to be doing really good, think I’m going to need to repot soon , will take more pics this Thursday and see what yous great people think thanks everyone for your help so far, very much appreciated :thumb: :thanks:

DB0F4034-C3E9-4D55-8FD4-39950F75C9CD.jpeg

D70237D1-8CED-4709-BF1F-4D03BE177D66.jpeg
And here’s today’s pictures, a week on from the last ones, happy with them this week, switched to 18/6 lights , and they seem to be liking it better, don’t know why I started with 17/7 :rofl: But yeah, happy with them:thumb:

384B3A5A-955A-468B-AF1C-B5047AB041B7.jpeg

8FFA280E-CFCD-49F4-BEC1-1947E810F639.jpeg

Nice healthy looking plants ya got their bud :thumb:

What sizes pots where you thinking of potting up into ?
Hi @Fuzzy Duck , and they are in a 1 gallon pot now, I have a 2 gallon in the cupboard but will get bigger if needed, and I don’t know what size tbh, heeelp :rofl: What do you reckon ? The tent I’m getting is 1.2x1.2x2 meters, your advice is always welcome and appreciated:):thanks:

I.2 x 1.2 x 2 Tent is a firm favourite among many growers & that being one of my own up grades in the last few years as well :)

At some point you may come across all sorts of information regarding pot size & for indoor growing, I don't think it is totally necessary to go big but to find an ideal size you can comfortable water over X period of time.

This also applies to stage of growth & as you can imagine small plants don't drink much so small pots are ok.

These little lovelies where watered once a week to the point of run off & those about 5 cm by 5cm by 7 cm average temps around 20c.

Tiny pots into a 1 litre pot once again I could water to the point of run off & leave for a week.

So stage of growth & watering requirements...

I spent several years growing in 1.5g & to 2g pots air pots / fabric which where pretty fine to manage veg etc with above methods.

Once flowering kicked in & average temp of 26c I could expect to water well every 3 days if their was a heat wave I would have to water every 2 days.

Recent up grade to a 12 litre air pot which is just a little shy of of 3 gallon seems to offer myself less work regarding watering time for best part of the week.

Really it is just mangering the conditions over the period of the growing cycle.

I.2 x 1.2 x 2 Tent is a firm favourite among many growers & that being one of my own up grades in the last few years as well :)

At some point you may come across all sorts of information regarding pot size & for indoor growing, I don't think it is totally necessary to go big but to find an ideal size you can comfortable water over X period of time.

This also applies to stage of growth & as you can imagine small plants don't drink much so small pots are ok.

These little lovelies where watered once a week to the point of run off & those about 5 cm by 5cm by 7 cm average temps around 20c.

Tiny pots into a 1 litre pot once again I could water to the point of run off & leave for a week.

So stage of growth & watering requirements...

I spent several years growing in 1.5g & to 2g pots air pots / fabric which where pretty fine to manage veg etc with above methods.

Once flowering kicked in & average temp of 26c I could expect to water well every 3 days if their was a heat wave I would have to water every 2 days.

Recent up grade to a 12 litre air pot which is just a little shy of of 3 gallon seems to offer myself less work regarding watering time for best part of the week.

Really it is just mangering the conditions over the period of the growing cycle.

Really good info there @Fuzzy Duck , thank you, your right, iv red all sorts about size and I was under the impression I had to go at least 3 gallon pots, due to the root bound thing, then I red that it doesn’t really happen with fabric pots, so I was just waiting until I got further along and see what happens, now iv heard it from you who’s actually done it with the size pots I have I’m really happy, I didn’t realise it was more down to getting a pot size that’s good for you as well as the plant, with the watering I mean, I’m using the canna bio soil stuff which iv noticed drys out pretty quickly anyway, and I don’t mind watering often anyways so I’m thinking iv got the pot thing, and the tent height covered now, iv started using them dunk things and the yellow sticky things for the gnats and hopefully I will have them under control soon, I’m really hoping I can avoid the spider mite, don’t wanna be dealing with those little sods, really great and helpful info fuzzyduck, thank you for your time, and if you could take my plants and replace with your ones in the pics, all budded up for me, that would be really great :rofl: They look awesome,:goodjob: I’m feeling a lot better about all this now, thank you very much @Fuzzy Duck:thumb::thanks:

No need to stress over stuff.

Fabric pots are fine you will not experience any root balling unlike traditional plastic pots.

Mmm fungus gnat issue ah the larvae in large numbers can damage roots & stunt growth with one of these little fcekers laying a lot eggs on organic matter they are also attracted to moist conditions of the soil as well... You could be over watering ?

Also food waste caddies where you place food scraps in for local recycling/composting is also another magnet if you live in a part of the world which doe's so.

I've heard of people using grit, coarse sand as a top dressing as it would seem to deter the gnats from laying eggs some thing about all those sharp edges etc.

Other wise look online for a soil drench for dealing with fungus gnats.

I'm reasonable sure your plants are in no danger as the gnats are just a nuisance :thumb:

No need to stress over stuff.

Fabric pots are fine you will not experience any root balling unlike traditional plastic pots.

Mmm fungus gnat issue ah the larvae in large numbers can damage roots & stunt growth with one of these little fcekers laying a lot eggs on organic matter they are also attracted to moist conditions of the soil as well... You could be over watering ?

Also food waste caddies where you place food scraps in for local recycling/composting is also another magnet if you live in a part of the world which doe's so.

I've heard of people using grit, coarse sand as a top dressing as it would seem to deter the gnats from laying eggs some thing about all those sharp edges etc.

Other wise look online for a soil drench for dealing with fungus gnats.

I'm reasonable sure your plants are in no danger as the gnats are just a nuisance :thumb:
Hi @Fuzzy Duck , sorry, was a bit busy last night, and yeah that stuff I was on about, the mosquito ducks, you let part of them soak in water for a day or 2 and then use the water for the plants, it has that BTI stuff in them, seems to be working, didn’t realise I had as many as I did until I put them yellow sticky things out, but even then it isn’t too bad, just annoying me the little bstards lol, and yeah, when I first got the soil and opened it they was already there, i messaged the fella and told him it’s infested, I was watering after lights off, but didn’t wanna give them a chance to multiply so I now water just after lights ion so the heat dries the top of the soil out quicker, seems to be doing the job, and I red somewhere about putting a perlite layer on top of the soil, I did get some but haven’t used it yet, things are going ok with them so I don’t really wanna change anything, unless I have to, was thinking that when, if I have to repot then I could put a layer of something on top then, and yeah iv red about sand, there is some special stuff I could for this reason but it’s a huge bag and pretty expensive so I was just waiting to see how this goes, and thank you once again for your help fuzzyduck, very much appreciated :thumb: :thanks:

Hi people, little update here and some questions lol, and thanks yous for the help, right, before I forget, the taller plant is just under 16 inch’s and the smaller one is just under 12, and iv swapped the plants round in the pics , thought the one that’s growing better was maybe in a better place, the taller one is og kush and the smaller one northern lights so maybe it’s because of that, anyway, I’m sure it’s the 8th week, am I meant to be trimming these up ? Removing some leaves I mean, and when do I switch to budding ? And finally, are they looking ok ? Thanks for your help :thumb: :thanks:

A1E05AA2-6DFD-4244-8AB0-9AA78FCF2F24.jpeg

9CF7175B-6B8D-40C1-BFE8-647F32749080.jpeg

698CDD39-E516-4620-A5DC-E148B07BBF43.jpeg

07DFC40E-BDB7-4860-8A04-2B379339E7AF.jpeg

6F42392A-5D4C-4BCF-B6F9-BC781D015D33.jpeg

I think they look beautimous! You had a couple of questions in there…trimming if you mean ‘just’ fan leaves I wouldn’t touch them unless they are in the way of a bud site or the leaf was FUBARd. They are the batteries for your plant later, so you want to hold onto them. Switch to flower is your call. They’ve been vegging now for two months, so at your leisure! I just usually try to get a rest between actual trimming (topping, FIMming) of at least a few days before the switch to flower (I prefer a week). Look great so far….

Thanks for the reply @sneekymofo , and right, I’m with ya, did remove a few leaves that was covering the littler bud sites but wasn’t sure if you had to regularly remove them, iv red stuff about doing so just before switching and got a bit confused, the way I’m thinking is that no one removes them when it grows wild so I’m glad you told me not too, and I’m about ready to switch to budding I think, do you reckon I should put them in a bit of a bigger pot before I do so, the one there in now is just 1 gallon, I have a 2 gallon ? And thanks again for the reply:thumb::thanks:

Hi people, little update here and some questions lol, and thanks yous for the help, right, before I forget, the taller plant is just under 16 inch’s and the smaller one is just under 12, and iv swapped the plants round in the pics , thought the one that’s growing better was maybe in a better place, the taller one is og kush and the smaller one northern lights so maybe it’s because of that, anyway, I’m sure it’s the 8th week, am I meant to be trimming these up ? Removing some leaves I mean, and when do I switch to budding ? And finally, are they looking ok ? Thanks for your help :thumb: :thanks:

A1E05AA2-6DFD-4244-8AB0-9AA78FCF2F24.jpeg

9CF7175B-6B8D-40C1-BFE8-647F32749080.jpeg

698CDD39-E516-4620-A5DC-E148B07BBF43.jpeg

07DFC40E-BDB7-4860-8A04-2B379339E7AF.jpeg

6F42392A-5D4C-4BCF-B6F9-BC781D015D33.jpeg
Hi people, sure it’s the 9th week of veg now and ready to switch, may hold off budding another week or 2 , dunno weather to go to a bigger pot thou, advice would be greatly appreciated, anyway, here’s some pics :)

2602EBAA-271C-4C90-9E92-01BAF39025FB.jpeg

F8927871-1CEC-4197-8B59-55111D959626.jpeg

7196004B-E6E9-4BED-A6E6-DE0900ECEE29.jpeg

7DFD864E-25EB-4CC9-A8EE-A38D334E4BF5.jpeg

Hi people, sure it’s the 9th week of veg now and ready to switch, may hold off budding another week or 2 , dunno weather to go to a bigger pot thou, advice would be greatly appreciated, anyway, here’s some pics :)

2602EBAA-271C-4C90-9E92-01BAF39025FB.jpeg

F8927871-1CEC-4197-8B59-55111D959626.jpeg

7196004B-E6E9-4BED-A6E6-DE0900ECEE29.jpeg

7DFD864E-25EB-4CC9-A8EE-A38D334E4BF5.jpeg
Another week on and got a deficiency problem, think iv left it too long to switch to flowering, getting the help I need off yous great people thou so hoping my ladies can over come this problem and switch as soon as possible, gunna run out of hight thou :rofl: here’s some pics:thumb:

9B3E0A16-E8E8-409A-8558-3AD16AD6A1A0.jpeg

30DDBFFD-9264-4673-8BA5-7BFC8C332831.jpeg

9A4A4724-6A19-4962-97C9-3EE33097D698.jpeg

02025A82-A1C0-4056-B29B-31FFECF03130.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom