Waywardwayne's Kiwi OG + Thin Mint Kiwi Get To Know Me Journal

Sorry about the rot but there was a lot of frost on that plant so hopefully that will make up for the loss. And great news on the @VIVOSUN, great customer service!
Sorry about the bud rot! :passitleft:

Alls well that ends well. I got something out of it so it wasn’t a total loss. Will be nice to see what it’s like after the cure. Today was the final, final day of drying.

Without further delay here are recent as of today pics with recent within a week also. Most recent first.

IMG_9583.jpeg

IMG_9588.jpeg

The thinnints kiwi is looking kind of tasty the last couple days

IMG_9589.jpeg

IMG_9591.jpeg

The grapes ‘n crème looking all tied down from its stint in the tent.

IMG_9592.jpeg

The do-si-do is chest high. It’s 3.5 feet tall and getting wide. Being in the raised bed it’s like a monster.

IMG_9593.jpeg
IMG_9594.jpeg
IMG_9595.jpeg

The last kiwi og, the straggler behind the cabin. Left in its own care and then sprayed with contact cleaner. Her mother would be proud. Not sure I’ll smoke it or not.

IMG_9601.jpeg

IMG_9602.jpeg

Clone of sour patch kiss. Perked up and doubled in size.

IMG_9597.jpeg

Tomatoes

IMG_9443.jpeg

In the compost with you.

IMG_9464.jpeg

Don’t mind the loud green, I have no idea why it looks that way. The bud does not look like it was grown at Chernobyl in person. The color is much more subdued. All arrows point to bud rot. This was the final occurrence after losing whatever else while it was still in its pot.

IMG_9446.jpeg

Last known image while it was in the post before chopping.

And as you’ve all come to love and anticipate here is this days song 😃
We are switching it up from my favorite genre to something else.

Highya WW,

Some nice looking ladies in there. I get botrytis every year. I just check out the ladies every day. when I find some, I cut it out as nicely as possible. Check every day for about a month. Don't lose very much of the whole! It's an accepted occurrence every year! I have cucumbers in an SIP (planter above ground), and I think the root zone is too warm. Looks like the plants are roasting. I think roots need to be in the ground, outdoors. Anyways, Happy Smokin'

Today’s update shows a fine looking bud on the kiwi thinmints. The leaves are like double mint gum but with purple too. Brough her inside for the day because the VIVOSUN light came in yesterday and it’s rainy and cloudy. Don’t want bud rot!

Song is of a classic but a guitar only rendition.

IMG_9762.jpeg

the straggler out back came down, started getting bugs so a trip to the spa and out to hang. I’ll extract it but not smoke it.

IMG_9766.jpeg

Mama is looking fat. I took everything off the main stem in the center to allow airflow. Also cut her off the ground about 8 inches so the lower wouldn’t get soggy.

IMG_9767.jpeg
IMG_9769.jpeg

Tomatoes

IMG_9774.jpeg
IMG_9772.jpeg
IMG_9773.jpeg

IMG_9777.jpeg

Clones. You can see one had a period of stress. Three plants did that, two being clones, but I’ve treated them all the same with everything. And it went away and theyVe grown rapidly in the last week since.

IMG_9764.jpeg
IMG_9776.jpeg

Second to last plant in this journal. This and the next couple pictures are of the kiwi thinmints. They are both in flower and have been a little while. They both have had a very little bit of budrot. I’m fighting it instead of calling it all a loss. Another member said they deal with it regularly so I’m not going to get drastic because of it. This plant ⬆️ will be chopped in maybe three weeks unless it goes faster. This plant ⬇️ seems to be going slower and doesn’t look anywhere near ready.

IMG_9752.jpeg

Mysterious fog.

IMG_9742.jpeg
IMG_9743.jpeg

Actually dug her up and transplanted into a pot from in ground. Because I didn’t think it was going to survive before and planted it under the bush which started smothering. So now we are up to speed to a point. There’s more, always.

Your ladies look great @Waywardwayne :welldone:

What's the outdoor harvest time up your way?

Stay safe and grow well my friend,
Tok..

The way I understand it is that most people up here have flowers going now and harvest between end of September to middle of October. I have two photos not in flower yet and one that’s in between flower and no idea.

So I may not get to harvest after all if they don’t get on the ball soon.

Back
Top Bottom