Heavenly Hybrid’s Hideout: Jump In Anytime

I know that feeling. I lost a baby or 2 to gnat larvae this time last year :(.Have you looked at NHaze on growweedeasy about it? I can’t remember so sorry if you have and if you haven’t, here’s a screen shot from the fungus gnat page on GWE website
19EF7FA5-B414-471C-88B5-A6B29B5AD5D4.jpeg

It doesn’t specify how young in a plants life its ok to do it, or if that matters. :hmmmm: I’ve never done it. Got any perlite? I wonder if that would have the same effect as Gnatnix. Gantnix works very well.

Glad to hear there’s a nice buzz from your oil. Have you tried taking more caps at once yet? :D

Have you been following the Mega Crop thread? Make note of GLNs recommendations for mixing small batches..
Reminds me of what that Shed guy said about mixing it. :battingeyelashes:

Contemplative update today. Pics first -
Purple Kush
A988F3B5-32F5-4A55-8629-764AEF61FE06.jpeg

Amnesia
3300E178-EFD4-4C67-A4C6-DF0E576D83BC.jpeg

OG Kush #1
9CFFA911-1480-4AFD-AE5A-DE657D100FB8.jpeg

OG Kush #2
4210F6D6-6931-4964-AFFA-EC3E29AA4C74.jpeg

So here’s the contemplative part - I realized today that the purple kush and amnesia are both 17+ days old. They are totally small and it seems like they should be a lot further along. I’m wondering if I should cull those two and start over again? It would also allow me to remove the recycled coco and treat it for the gnats. Or get new coco? Anyhow. Maybe I should wait to see pistils to make the decision? I dunno. Feeling down about my tiny plants (aka - probably spogs).

Purple Kush was droopy and yellowing, I increased the MC and she is looking much better now, so that’s good I suppose.
I also lowered the light, maybe it was too far away? Maybe the gnats slowed things way down? Maybe they've been under fed for too long? Maybe all of these? :hmmmm:

On the lighter side of the news - it was a good day to check the mail!!
A4E6FB3C-0B80-404B-BF98-84F67C0AD10F.jpeg

The wonderful, beautiful, awesome human @Amy Gardner gifted me part of her prize pack! DOPE!! I must compliment dope seeds on their stealth packaging, and the thing they sent it in is actually pretty useful! Double prize! Thank you SO much Amy!:thanks: The extra cool thing is I got 8 of the Dr. CBD seeds. Bonus!! They must’ve read through my journals and thought I could use some extra cbd calm in my life ;)

:thumb: :love:

light, maybe it was too far away?
The light too far way is more likely to make them stretch...
Maybe the gnats slowed things way down?
gnats can very much slow things down, yes .....

Maybe they've been under fed for too long?
they don’t look underfed to me...
Maybe all of these?
I’m gonna say gnats - having lived through them. That’s what happens, stuff just stops growing. Fresh coco - or treated coco, and use BTi in all your fertiagtion for a good while (plus all the other things yer already doing) would be my approach.

Oh and i was thinking, if you’re going to treat with H202 and use BTi as well, and I’m only guessing here but I think the H202 will kill the BTi, so do the H202 thing first and wait a while before applying the BTi.

Yay for Dr CBD! :cheer:

You may be right about starting some new seeds-17 days is
dangerously close to flowering time for a lot of autos.
I got lucky on one of mine,and it waited till day 40...the Purple Punch was day 26,and that LoRyder I grew flowered at day 21.
Soil gnat larva will eat decaying organic matter first,and when it runs out,they start on the roots...
I'm just guessing here,but maybe the coco doesn't have any decaying matter in it,so they're just living off your roots...maybe?

And you’re right in your contemplations that they have stalled... I just went and checked out my recent Amnesia Haze and it was a fair bit further along at only 10 days :straightface:
I had the yellow stickies attached to my plant marker. Once I saw the sprout date this morning, I looked at a few auto journals for comparison pics, it was clear as day how behind they are. I’m leaning more and more towards yanking them out. I’d still have the two OGs in there. (knock on wood) I haven’t seen the gnats in those pots yet.

I also just noticed you post at Shed’s that you were keen on a quicker turnaround auto run to stock the shelves. Something to consider is that you can also grow 12/12 from seed with photos and get a quicker run, just slightly smaller plants. The plants will start to flower as soon as they’re mature enough - usually about 4weeks, so you can often get about a 12 week turnaround. Just a thought...

Thanks gang! Thy deed is done. I was already on the fence about those two and hearing all of you are sharing that concern - they gone!!
:rip: Purple Kush CBD
:rip: Amnesia

The mosquito dunk stuff has arrived and I’ll use it going forward, just to be rid of these fookers!!!
I now have two OG Kush Autos. I’ll order some new coco for probably another Purple Kush because I want some CBD going. I was only going to try three plants in the tent this time, but four seemed to fit in there all right. I’m just not so sure the light in there would do them justice? (Viparspectra 450 watt)

Here they are - OG 1 & 2
E7037140-A392-48C4-8F82-ACD4C10F0C82.jpeg

I haven’t seen any gnats the couple times I checked on them, which is a nice feeling all by itself. Fingers crossed!

I forgot to include in my earlier update, I reran my trim oil. The first time around, I used 28g of trim. I had to take two capsules to get even close to the high I was looking for, so I ran it second time with another 30g of decarbed trim. Testing a capsule now and so far it’s much closer to what I’m looking for strength wise.

Attachments

• B00AA146-172A-4965-9AB5-B4708C245B94.jpeg
    B00AA146-172A-4965-9AB5-B4708C245B94.jpeg
    626.3 KB · Views: 29
Lol, I don’t like my capsules to be too strong. Small humans that demand food and all that. :laughtwo: I like a nice buzz, but still functional. Then I just take a bong hit or two, to take it up a notch (if needed). Haha, if it’s the end of the night, I might get really crazy, take two and pass tf out!! #old

Back
Top Bottom