Growin' Gorilla Globally

They look gorgeous! Density is IMO key of good smoke. When you catch a bud and can roll multiple joint with only few because of how dense it is it s a win! I hope to see that happening in my grow space! Sometime even if a plant yield less than expected, the density and quality of the buds can make such a difference! Your grows are the one that have inspired me for my next grow. In fact i took time as I was a noob and is still learning, to realize how much space you have to each if your plant to thrive. I ve understood how important it is to hope for bid dense buds! I ve understood why it s useless to put too many plants in a grow space. You ve always produced wonderful develop plants and I ve come to understand how the space were one of the key

Wow!
:bravo:
Definitely some rock hard buds ya have there! Amazing!
Are you getting any fuel stink? That was the most distinct characteristic of mine. Crazy strong fuel stank.... love it!
:passitleft:

I'm not catching any fuel smells....more of a sweet smell at this point. She smells yummy!
I'm tellin' ya... whew! Mine had a stink on it. Gave my buddy a g (in a baggie) and it skunked out half his house.
I bet your gal is smelling great right about now! Mine finished with a distinct fuel smell with a sweet note to it. I really enjoyed it..... just wish I had waited a bit longer to chop.

How many days with hairs did you harvest yours Preston?
I was 86 from sprout and 49 with pistils. I really think I had 2 more weeks outta her. I jumped the gun...

Yeah I thought you kinda chopped a bit earlier but chop is always a personal preference. Some people like the racy nature. I tend to go more off the appearance and feel of the bud and plant. One of my biggest signs that a plant is ready is when they stop drinking. You will see a big drop in the water uptake the last week to two weeks of the plants life. When she slows down, she is telling you to start paying attention....harvest time is approaching.

Yeah I thought you kinda chopped a bit earlier but chop is always a personal preference. Some people like the racy nature. I tend to go more off the appearance and feel of the bud and plant. One of my biggest signs that a plant is ready is when they stop drinking. You will see a big drop in the water uptake the last week to two weeks of the plants life. When she slows down, she is telling you to start paying attention....harvest time is approaching.

Thanks for the information especially about the fact the plant will drink less towards the end. During my last grow I made the mistake to water a green crack which had started drinking less. I had a couple of bud rot. I didn't even know at time. I knew something was going wrong with the smoke but couldn't figure well. Anyway I guess patience comes with time. My personal preference also goes to finished buds by still avoiding too much amber if possible as I like the energetic high

Yeah for most strains I find its roughly about a 2 week window where most of the signs tell ya she's done. The slow drinking is the main one for me. I like the energetic on everything EXCEPT my night time meds. I want it to shut me down....not ramp me up!

Gorilla Glue Auto Day 74, Day 42 With Hairs

Winding down on this girl. She is continues to plump up and add bulk. Getting some unique smells off her as well. Both Ms Stank and I are starting to get hints of Chocolate coming from her. She is adding more frost. We have still only used rain water and two treatments of ACT on her the entire grow.

We threw in a few size scale shots for a few of the buds. The plant is small (compared to what we generally grow) but damn it man, these buds are getting huge! She is nicknamed the Chunky Monkey around these parts. Can't wait to smoke her!

Gorilla Glue Auto Day 79, Day 47 With Hairs (HARVEST DAY)

Posted this in our thread last night, but forgot to post it here.

We brought down Ms Stanks GGA to look at trichomes and discovered some bud rot on two of the colas. So we made a split decision and chopped the whole plant down last night. I figure it had to be this last stretch of insane rain and humidity that was just too much with me trying to not run the AC. Lesson learned.....saving 10 bucks probably cost me 200 in buds. Hopefully its the last time dealing with this type of RH.

Anyways, did a wet weight on her and she tipped the scales right about 510 grams give or take a few. That should forecast out to about 100-130 grams once dried....not bad at all for a plant that was small for us. They buds are fantastic looking.

We did a full bud wash in a 5 gallon bucket with 3 gallons of water and some H2O2 to neutralize that bud rot.

Here are the pics of the bud rot and then harvest. Cheers everyone.....will post back with weights and pics once dry!!

Gorilla Glue Auto Day 79, Day 47 With Hairs (HARVEST DAY)

Posted this in our thread last night, but forgot to post it here.

We brought down Ms Stanks GGA to look at trichomes and discovered some bud rot on two of the colas. So we made a split decision and chopped the whole plant down last night. I figure it had to be this last stretch of insane rain and humidity that was just too much with me trying to not run the AC. Lesson learned.....saving 10 bucks probably cost me 200 in buds. Hopefully its the last time dealing with this type of RH.

Anyways, did a wet weight on her and she tipped the scales right about 510 grams give or take a few. That should forecast out to about 100-130 grams once dried....not bad at all for a plant that was small for us. They buds are fantastic looking.

We did a full bud wash in a 5 gallon bucket with 3 gallons of water and some H2O2 to neutralize that bud rot.

Here are the pics of the bud rot and then harvest. Cheers everyone.....will post back with weights and pics once dry!!

Belle of the ball right there! A little bud rot is a small price to pay for an awesome little producer.
#superstar

I definitely plan on running another. She was one of my better yielding autos, and was a breeze to grow. Your gal there makes mine look like a dwarf. LoL

Well done!
:bravo:

Stay lifted!

Thanks for giving us the opportunity to grow her! She impressed us, for sure. Would have loved to be able to give her the time she needed to finish, but this damned humidity is kicking our ass this year.
Totally understandable! RH here has been ridiculous too; I have fans everywhere so I can limp through flower on my last 2 plants from this summer.
I enjoyed watching y'all work. Hope y'all enjoy the smoke from your gal as much as I did. Thoroughly impressed with Fast Buds on this one!
:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom