Free Seedsman Comparative - Black Sugar - October To March

Sorry for dragging my feet a bit.
:passitleft:
Got one baby above ground
2023-10-11-18-38-10-122.jpg

...and one "special case" 🤣
2023-10-11-18-41-35-588.jpg

Dropped 2 more beans today... I hope to run 3 of these with my next flower group. 🤙

We'll see what happens with these 2 encore beans.

Off to the races now!

Sorry for dragging my feet a bit.
Got one baby above ground

...and one "special case" 🤣

Dropped 2 more beans today... I hope to run 3 of these with my next flower group. 🤙

We'll see what happens with these 2 encore beans.

Off to the races now!
Yeah boiiiiiiiiiii!

Mine will meet dirt by Halloween 🎃 👻🧡

IMG_0037.jpeg

Yeah boiiiiiiiiiii!

Mine will meet dirt by Halloween 🎃 👻🧡

IMG_0037.jpeg
Hell yes! :high-five:

I actually just dropped a second batch of my Black Sugars. 🤙 Originally dropped 3 and only got one viable baby. One is wonky AF, and the 3rd just never surfaced.

Soaked 2 more seeds to fill the gap. They should be hitting the coco in a day or 2.

Not sure if I'm happiest about doing another comparative with @SeedsMan or the hijinks that will come from this fabulous group of growers.... or BOTH!

Looking forward to this journey with y'all.

Was happening everyone,
Just want to put some current images of @SeedsMan Black Sugar and Northern Lights (a).

Thanks for looking, I will be checking out your journals also.

That's all folk's.

Be safe, and grow well my friends,
Tok..

The first seedling is cruising along pretty good so far.
2023-10-16-12-16-11-297.jpg

Waiting on 2 seeds to surface, then I'll be culling the mutant baby.
2023-10-16-12-15-32-280.jpg

I think the little one just struggled too much breaking her shell. No new growth, at all. Green but stagnant.

I'll be happy with 2 or 3, I'll have to wait & see what these other 2 seeds wanna do. 🤙

We are back on track up here in the UP. The mistake(s) I made with Black Sugar version 1 and my previous 2 plants;
1. I started growing in Colorado. It’s very DRY. I found there I had to constantly keep my root cubes wet or the seedling would strougle.
2.I Moved to Michigan. Things are WET. EVERYTHING all the time. Mold is an issue. Everywhere. Especially summer time. Keeping my cubes wet the way I was with the temps in the low 80s was a recipe for contamination from mold and other nasty stuff which was causing my crown rot. I was simply over watering and not letting the cubes dry out.
3. I started black sugar 1 before my new fan and carbon filter came in the mail. My old pink fan simply sucks to be nice about it. $12.99 fire hazard from Walmart that shouldn’t have been in my tent at all. Barely moved air and didn’t oscillate. The carbon filter had been used temporarily in a garage that had a bunch cigarette smokers nearby. Not in the same room but close enough. I believe it greatly ruined the airflow as well. By the time it was all installed the contagions had already infected the plant. Now everything seems to flowing much better than before. The dry cycle is much better and I have not had any weird growth on the cube like before.

Lessons learned- Airflow and a clean grow environment are extremely important. Air filter , air pump and hoses, air stones, fans, and other equipment should be cleaned and inspected regularly and replaced BEFORE a grow is started. Over watering is the gateway drug to mold and other nasty pathogens.

First three days
B4DAFEF8-2221-4109-B0E6-BAB95782F49D.jpeg

Wasn't necessarily planning in doing a separate journal for this one, but I think it'll be nice to separate these babies in their own spot outside of the ramblings of my perpetual journal.

Set something up a few min ago; here's the link to my Black Sugar journal (also linked in my signature)
Black Sugar

Here's the current 3 I've got going...
2023-10-20-10-05-26-554.jpg

If anyone's interested you could find my black sugar grow here Take care have a nice day everyone sorry it took so long to get started Northern lights Auto will get started what's my dirt and my pots come in... Right now I have started two black sugars and one sour G! Let's Attempt A 1lb Grow!

20231020_181634.jpg

20231020_181620.jpg

20231020_181610.jpg

20231020_181557.jpg

My lady today.
Give me a few weeks and flip time.
It’s the return of the four tops. ;)

IMG_1981.jpeg

IMG_1980.jpeg

IMG_1982.jpeg
Seems to be happy with her restraints. 👍 Guess she likes the kinky thangs. LoL

Looking great!