Archiweedies Is Back At It! 4x4 Tent, LED’s, Coco & Mephisto Genetics

UPDATE 11/4/2018

Lots of action lately guys, I’ve got new seeds on the way, new toys for the grow, and more but first I want to show off the current plants.

The 24 carat is up first. I’m starting to see the first couple of signs she’s aging. Frost has increased almost overnight, pistols turning brown, stink factor way up! More important than her obvious stunting, is that I was able to rely on my senses to ascertain she is getting close! I’ve been reading a great deal here on:420: and I’m starting to have some light bulb moments.

11646605-6154-4373-9C25-7157BB3EF629.jpeg

The following are to be my last autos for the year and perhaps my last harvest of the year.

EA910726-688E-4004-B3AD-16691530A188.jpeg
CAAB0AAE-7AFD-4F4D-8954-3185D77B11FF.jpeg
835FFB84-6098-4BEC-8EEB-9DA39BDFFD15.jpeg

E0DD2FE7-DE95-47D9-92D7-5610216D2951.jpeg

The first three are Mephisto mystery strains. I’m fairly certain I know what the first one is. I believe it is their strain called Deep Blu C. Their most blueberry strain and it is a bushy one! All of these plants are just starting the stretch as we are on Day 22. The plant in the last photo is “BubblyLivers”:bong: I don’t make this stuff up lol! I’m real curious about her fan leave there. Like she’s a Vulcan!

Okay so plant are either starting to flower or are about to. They are in one gallon containers and I bought some two gallon containers just recently. The plan was to not water again for a day or so and then transplant. Plenty of fresh FoxFarms OF and great white shall be used. Sound like an ok plan?

Couple of new items I got for the grow. 30pint Dehuey I’m picking up tomorrow and a oil filled upright heater for the cold nights. I’m a little uneasy about having it in the tent, but I’ve felt it come on and do it’s thing and it seems ok in there. The other option is to put it outside the tent right next to it. I might try that. Right now it’s not plugged in until I can get some opinions on how safe it would be to keep the heater in the tent. But the great news is between my Ac, the dehuey, and the heater I am capable of manipulating my environment to ideal growing conditions. Lots of people might read that and laugh, but in an uninsulated garage in the desert it’s a pretty big deal. I’ve got the pieces, now I just need to get a way to automate the controls of the ac.

I managed to take advantage of our sponsor @SeedsMan ’s Halloween offer and got an awesome array of genetics headed my way.

I picked up:
Blueberry - Dutch Passion x3
Durban Poison - Dutch Passion x3
Green Doctor MMG x3
NightQueen Auto(only autos left) Dutch Passion x3

The freebies I got are crazy like 14 in total for one promotion! Too many to list but some really cool looking stuff.
I also got Seedsman’s own Jack Hererx3 and GelatOG x3.

I hope everything makes it ok with the order and between all these seeds and @beez0404 ’s thread is getting me fired up to start learning some of the other things that are out there in our hobby. Taking cuttings and producing seeds for myself are the next focus for me in terms of advancing my skill set. I’ve got the Dewey Mister Cloner cleaned out and ready to take some cuttings.

I do have my first photoperiod plants in a long while up out of the ground.
B60F8185-EE17-4943-B953-C414F668E45C.jpeg
98E0E6B5-EC6F-4E23-BA9C-FFCA90348BB9.jpeg

They are a cross of GSC x Afghan. I plan to take 3-4 cuttings each and immediately flip to 12/12 for science! @InTheShed :passitleft:

If I like the way either grows I’d like to give it a go in my soil that should be just about ready in a week or so. I’m eager to give organic growing and Doc buds kit to the test, but I’m skeptical of these genetics. I plan on having a lot of fun this next grow and I want to put some good genetics in this amazing soil!

Peace guys and gals!

Thank you for the compliment Shed:Namaste: I am happy with the humidy right now for sure! 30% is awesome in flower. Been real lucky with the RH lately.

The dehuey is for, if you recall, my failed attempt at running the ac in my tent. I think I needed a thermostat controlled electrical switch. I know its a thing but Im not sure thats the right wording. Instead what was happening was my I'd turn the ac off at night, to save electricity, and the RH would spike because there was no air exchange. If I had a thermostat for it so to speak, it would turn on and off with rise and fall of the settings you choose. I have a hunch that when the ac is off humidity will rise and I need a way to keep that at bay.

This all is of course a sealed 4x4 tent. Now that I have the heater, a dehuey, and an ac I believe Ill need to enrich the environment with co2. The only downside, other than cost, is running co2 may be inefficient due to my lights. If what I have read is true, plants do best in environments enriched with co2 when they are receiving more light than they could handle. Think 1000W HPS is what Ive deduced. I can not say my plants receive anywhere near oversaturation. Bottom line is if Im just looking at a couple hundred bucks for a regulator, tank, and co2 meter, I could swing it.

I'm not sold on doing all this craziness yet though. Im happy with the quality of smoke Im producing and the hash has been awesome! I believe I can grow plants in Docs kit, despite my environmental challenges. I know I can grow them, but grow nice plants that do his hard work justice ya dig?;) I have a few different tools at my disposal now, in case things get dicey.

I ramble when stoned.

I checked my light manufacturers specs and at 24" they claim 220 umoles. At 12" they are rated at 630 umoles. This is per light, I have 3. I also retrofit the same leds to an old Mars Hydro. There are 3 Citizen clu-048-1812 cob's in there but they are slightly underdriven at 45w rather than the normal fixture that draws I believe 58.8w. Total power draw is a little over 300w.

So at 18" I would see about 425 some-odd umoles per plant according to the manufacturer. I have no experience with HPS, but maybe a 1khps would keep the tent warm enough in the winter without the heater.

I checked my light manufacturers specs and at 24" they claim 220 umoles. At 12" they are rated at 630 umoles. This is per light, I have 3. I also retrofit the same leds to an old Mars Hydro. There are 3 Citizen clu-048-1812 cob's in there but they are slightly underdriven at 45w rather than the normal fixture that draws I believe 58.8w. Total power draw is a little over 300w.

So at 18" I would see about 425 some-odd umoles per plant according to the manufacturer. I have no experience with HPS, but maybe a 1khps would keep the tent warm enough in the winter without the heater.
I'd get a umol meter before I invested in the CO2 canisters. With that many lighting variables it's got to be better to know what you're working with first. I think the good ones run just over $100 on Amazon. I know @Pennywise and @Derbybud have one they like.

I'd get a umol meter before I invested in the CO2 canisters. With that many lighting variables it's got to be better to know what you're working with first. I think the good ones run just over $100 on Amazon. I know @Pennywise and @Derbybud have one they like.

Thanks Shed, sounds like good advice.
Like Shed said 1k umols or better for co2 to really do any good. I think i spent around $130. For mine meter and i can really see a difference if a plant needs moved some or rotated around or drop a light some but not others.

So this is not only a meter but also enables you to manipulate your plants so that they uptake optimum light?

That's about what my Aqua Eye cost on amazon
Thank you for the recommendation PW. You’re happy with it I assume?

So this is not only a meter but also enables you to manipulate your plants so that they uptake optimum light?
Derby is pretty busy, so I'll jump in to answer that if that's okay! Derby has his lights on a large flexible frame with hangers at the corners. This allows him to lower one area while keeping the others stationary. The changes in height are based on the numbers he gets from his meter.

No prob Shed. That sounds like exactly the type of function I need right now as my lights are intended to be 1 per plant.

Thanks guys for jumping into the discussion, much appreciated. Thanks Shed, Im going to look into Pennys recommendation and chew on it for a while. Im in no hurry, the ladies are looking good.

If you have a light capable of delivering well over 1000 umols I think a meter is mandatory. Anything over 1000 umols is wasted because the plant can't use it without co2 supplementation.

Okay, well given that my light doesn’t put that out, it’s safe to say I wouldn’t be taking full advantage of Co2’s benefit. It begs the question if it would be beneficial for the sake of running a sealed tent. If I understand correctly, co2 is mandatory in a sealed room.

Ah what Shed said again. Can really dial in and see what your plants are getting or missing
Thanks Derby. Seems like a good investment to make sure your getting the most from your light investment.

Back
Top Bottom