Surfinstoned's 720Watt LED - God's Gift - Hydro Grow

Dude WTF........Ok so trimming is cool....and it's not cool, Steve you were so right buddy I see a trim box in my near future for sure like in the next three months!

How often did you have to change out scissors? I will be picking up a trim box around the end of the summer. I should have two grows going at that time and will need a way to cut down on time (I don't have a helper to do the trimming).

I don't have any filtration going on the exhaust yet, I have a can filter but right now it just gets sent out through a roof vent and away with the breeze. I am thinking about ozone for when I have two grows going though, I expect it to get quite a bit stankier by then.

Re: Surfinstoned’s 720Watt LED - God’s Gift - Hydro Grow

It took me 4 days to chop the lemons with 2 other helpers an let me tell you talk about time consuming glad to hear there's a trim box coming anyone know where I can look at one for a decent price I'm not looking forward to the next trim lol ladies look great Surf glad to see prop215 quality...:cheer:

It took me 4 days to chop the lemons with 2 other helpers an let me tell you talk about time consuming glad to hear there's a trim box coming anyone know where I can look at one for a decent price I'm not looking forward to the next trim lol ladies look great Surf glad to see prop215 quality...:cheer:
go to "fleabay" and search for a trimpro, you'll find a bunch there and for about 1/2 the price of buying one through a retailer. There are some hand-crank salad spinner types, I would stay away from those and go with the box type with a catch bag for the trim. There are a few that are almost automated as well, but they cost a bit more than what I want to pay.

To bad you can't rent these from your local hydro shop.

Great job girl...I would say that was a great grow from start to finish!!! Good luck on the future grows too...:cheer:

How often did you have to change out scissors? I will be picking up a trim box around the end of the summer. I should have two grows going at that time and will need a way to cut down on time (I don't have a helper to do the trimming).

I don't have any filtration going on the exhaust yet, I have a can filter but right now it just gets sent out through a roof vent and away with the breeze. I am thinking about ozone for when I have two grows going though, I expect it to get quite a bit stankier by then.

I changed scissors out about every 20 min or so my guy and I had 4 pairs going on to swap out with. I am so glad i had someone to help me with this because without that help it would have taken me about 3 days to do it all myself. Yeah with two rooms going on i would imagine it's going to get real stanky at your place.

I know how you feel. Trim box is now on the list for the next crop!

:Namaste:

Well i just got done last night cutting them into buds and I put them all into jars for the cure process. They were drying for close to 5 days and after manicuring the buds i would have to say that they don't feel like buds, they are soft and feel a little moist or damp if you know what i mean. I think since this is my first time with my own buds that I'm second guessing myself or maybe i just cant see the end product looking like what i pick up from my local co-op. I will post some pictures later of all the buds out of the jars to get some of the humidity out and you guys can tell me what you think.

Today i will start tearing the room down and making it bigger!

The Twister trimming machine is best. Fast trimming and the nugs comes out perfect. Yours for only $14,000 + Tax & Shipping.

Don't forget to let us know the smoke report and the final dry weight! Looking forward to the nug shots.

Thanks Xlr8, I always wonder what does the term "autogrow" mean?

Hi SS - I almost missed this post. ;)

First and foremost, congrats on an excellent first grow and harvest. It was a joy to watch your grow and what a great room you put together. :bravo:

As far as auto grow, I think you saw that in my signature...

Instead of taking a break from growing in the summer like I usually do, I grew out an "auto-flower" plant, or "auto" for short. The strain I grew was Big Bang Automatic.

Unlike a standard marijuana strain, auto-flower strains are not dependent on light cycles for flowering. They start flowering on their own as if on a timer, and finish much faster than a standard strain. They can flower even under 18-20 hours of light. They tend to stay shorter and are perfect for people with limited space. Because of this, they often yield less - though I was fortunate to have a pretty decent yield on mine (4.7z).

I don't normally grow auto-flower strains, but I had one that was a freebie seed and used it to help dial in some new equipment over the summer. Happy chance and a little luck landed me a really nice little "auto grow" with a great yield when I normally wouldn't have even grown...

Again - Great job and congrats on your first grow. :welldone:

wow lookin good!

Hi SS - I almost missed this post. ;)

First and foremost, congrats on an excellent first grow and harvest. It was a joy to watch your grow and what a great room you put together. :bravo:

As far as auto grow, I think you saw that in my signature...

Instead of taking a break from growing in the summer like I usually do, I grew out an "auto-flower" plant, or "auto" for short. The strain I grew was Big Bang Automatic.

Unlike a standard marijuana strain, auto-flower strains are not dependent on light cycles for flowering. They start flowering on their own as if on a timer, and finish much faster than a standard strain. They can flower even under 18-20 hours of light. They tend to stay shorter and are perfect for people with limited space. Because of this, they often yield less - though I was fortunate to have a pretty decent yield on mine (4.7z).

I don't normally grow auto-flower strains, but I had one that was a freebie seed and used it to help dial in some new equipment over the summer. Happy chance and a little luck landed me a really nice little "auto grow" with a great yield when I normally wouldn't have even grown...

Again - Great job and congrats on your first grow. :welldone:

Thank you for the explanation that is so cool! Even though they could take more light as you said do you still put them on a 12/12?

Hello, anybody home? Going on 2 weeks, and... :popcorn:

I think she's been busy swinging a hammer and framing her new grow room. Can't wait to see what she has planned for the next round!

Sorry about the disappearance Gator, but Steve was right I have been crazy busy with home life, room expansion, and work but I'm happy to report that the last 2 weeks have been both happy and sad moments. I am working on the new post I just wanted to let you all know that I'm sorry I have kind of left you hanging but it was not on purpose I kind of "bit of more than I can chew" if you will but I think I'm getting the hang of it.

:bong:

Surfin,
Glad to see you're back with us. I hope the build is gong well.

You never know what your limits are until you reach them, most people never push themselves far enough to really know. At least you've found your (at least for the time, you'll surpass this quickly I am sure).

Looking forward to your next grow. I start two new journals next week myself.

Grow update!!!
So I have some good and bad news, so it seems that I put the meds in the jars for curing a little too early. I thought that since half the stems would snap and half of them would bend and I think fear of drying them too much I put them into the jars thinking that it would even out. I was wrong. So the first couple of days I was burping the buds twice a day but every time I would the jars for the first week were always foggy inside should have been an indicator that I put them in too early but I did not know at that time. Because of my mistake I started to see little white spots and sure enough it was a form of bud mold so let's just say that I will smoke this myself since it's not bad at all. I did not have a scale at first so I do not have any wet weights for you but I started with 11 ½ jars and after two weeks I ended up with 9 jars.

The final dry weight was 463 grams with 12 plants. I think I harvested these girls about 1 week too early so for the next grow when I flip to 12/12 my day 1 of flower will be when the girls start showing buds. Here are some pics for you.

DSC04832.JPG

DSC04834.JPG

DSC04833.JPG

DSC04836.JPG

DSC04835.JPG

:Namaste:

Were all of the buds affected? That is a bummer , but on a positive not, you netted over a pound. I am going to have to go back and see what my predictions were.

If it's any consolation, my first grow was a total bust, low yield, fluffy buds etc... But it was worth the lessons learned. I know your next grow is going to put this one to shame. Looking forward to seeing the new journal start up.
:high-five:

Back
Top Bottom