Boss's 12/12 Day 60 >

Cool Looking op you have going boss they shuld have plenty of light . I have 4 seedlings now that are just a little bigger than yours so it will be easy for me to compare .. Cant wait boss this is better than a movie :)

HTG seems to have the best prices ive seen ive been looking to

Taken from elsewhere:
"10 forty watt fluorescent bulbs use the same amount of energy as a 400 watt HID, but produce far less light. Since they use the same amount of energy but produce less light, the remaining must be given off as heat. Contrary to how it may first appear, fluoros actually run hotter than the equivalent wattage of HID-- they just disperse the heat over a wider area."

If I go HPS I can't use both CFL and HPS, the heat would blow the house up. Just one 400 may not give me the flexibility to have plants and various heights without stacking books :)

I was thinking 4 of the LEDS (4 square feet) and 20 CFL's would make a hell of a grow :-0

im guessing youre really liking how the cfls grew your candy?lol or you would rather see individual plants and heights rather than plants with the uniform height and growth? either way boss your plan for the leds and the cfl's sounds like something ill be looking out for.ill have to look up at the sky at night when you move..might catch them leds blaring.:cheesygrinsmiley:

Lost a seedling to heat today. keeping the heater correct is a bitch because its a cheap one. I need one with an actual thermostat. I think I can get a temp switch cheap.

Anyway, I may lose more, the temps got to 104 for an hour. WooHoo! lol I will get some shots to show you what heat does to a seedling :)

Heat exhaustion :)
heatdamage.jpg

All 6

all6.jpg

I know you are right, I just had to see what a cfl/led combo grow would do. I think 2 or 3 400's with 2 hps and one mh will be what I end up with, but because I am moving to florida, heat and stealth will be an issue. I wish I could move somewhere else, but I have no choice :(

With about 10 cfls and these leds I should get enough lumens for a 9 rotation of 12/12 from seed, and get enough yield to hold me to the next harvest. If I grow too much in florida, I can't take it to a compassion center, and i can't sell it.. I have a family :) If yeild was the main concern, I would have gotten the HPS for sure. I could still get 2 more sets of these units and be as cheap at a low end 1000w hps.

If they get tall enough, but these are 12/12 from sprout, so probably not. I have the screen right here, ready for the next one though :) I actually used some of it in the base of the planter to keep the soil off the drain holes. Plus if I need to repot for some reason, I gan grab the mesh on both sides, and lift the entire soil mass out.

SCROG is a very good way to increase yeild and is pretty easy. I am cutting the entire grow down to about 75 days start to finish, so there is no way I can do it this time.

I will grow these straight up till I have no more time, then choppy choppy. If they are not near ready, because I screw up, they will go into the bird sanctuary behind the house.

I agree with the cfl's, it is much easier to use them if the plants are about the same height and the canopy is below, just for light penetration reasons alone. There is somthing to be said for directing light with hanging cfls, in and around plants, in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom