Welcome To My New Journal - OMMSOG

Thats more like it Pop's. You have some good sound genetics going there. And they are looking fantastic there. I got a good feeling for this one. Hey you know I haven't flip a 'Miss J' in awhile.
I'll be watching in. I see the pages are flying away.
Keepem Green Pop's

Hey Sprout! :cheer:

Yep, going back to basics has helped allot. Much better set up now. I know, Buddy, your grow is not the same without a Miss J. :surf:

Mind? Never!

Well, I'm using a 400w HPS. You can see it covers my plants...almost. Just my opinion but I think you could get fairly good coverage with a 200w. A small 200w LED would probably do it to.......they are more expense though. They do run much cooler

Floros do a great job too.....especially if you can change bulbs for flower. What size are your floros? If your really tight on money, add some CFLs. Your heat would go up then though.

I had allot of help choosing my HPS lights. If I had to do it over I would have gotten 2 600w. For better coverage. However....more heat. That's our main enemy in Hawaii.

There are allot of experts here, maybe some of them will jump in and give you some advice..

Also most manufactures will tell you what your can expect for coverage. :thumb:

thanks for your input OMM and Xlr8 you both answered my question on his thread and yours also, appreciate the replies and knowledge you guys bring.
the lights im using are litro grow lights t-8 bulbs, supposedly its good for veg and flower not needing to change the bulbs to flowering stage, so im gonna see how good it really is before i decide to see if im gonna try something else.
i was thinking of led's before i even started but i found mixed reviews on it, like the buds arent as big or as dense, saw a video on utube of mr. bluegoo using it compared to hps and there was a noticable difference, its why i asked about hps. again thanks for the help :thanks:

WaaaaHooo! Is Right! :welcome:

So good to see you L.:love: Your ears must have been burning...was talking to Woodsman the other day about you. He has a small grow going and he might be coming back. He also got some good news financially...about time!

147 straight girls! You haven't changed a bit....still just turning them out. Now that's a long, long perpetual. Good for you!

Well, I did go back outside, twice. Both were ripped off. In doors from now on.
Last grow was a disaster....tried to save what was not stolen...didn't work out for me. I wasn't ready for them. Live and learn.

Duran Poison sounds good, will have to try her. I swear you and Lucy go round and round. Good stuff though. Here is a few that I would Highly recommend:

Chocolope, Mekong High, Friesen Dew, WildThai, Anything from Emerald Triangle seeds,
I would say Matanuska Tundra, but they discontinued her.

I know how much you like Africans...I seem to like things with Thai in them.
Sorry about the Afro Pips.

Hope you come back and visit soon. I have missed you. :love:

mekong didnt like my lights, need to give her another go, lucy, yes is a picky one for me, but i do like the high, so we just keep fighting....wild thai is part of the mother pkg. here....love it...also strawberry blue, hugh yields...also
off of purple haze....and i like blue cheese...so far about 15 favs....we're still in the same playing field tho.....only keep the biggest buds now, the rest go into oil and water hash....and cooking goodies....got a f. dew seed, may just go for it now....and will look for the urban poison....have a chocolope also...havent had room until lately for some new ones....our latest person we caretake for keeps us going....hes a smoke processor....greedy also...but, with the numbers we get to try new ones....he never helps either...oh well, thats life....was looking at that news group the other day, and wont come in...did it go off the air....:circle-of-love: wonderful to hear the woodsman may be back....great....take care....doing the garden thing now, but if i get into the pics again, may start a new journal up...could be fun....take care, oh, did you try pineapple exp. yet, im on the second set of her, and she is getting better all the time, same as somango and pez....hugs, later, lav..

how do i sub. to this journal?? couldnt find the sub. list....

Welcome Old Friend !!!! :bravo:

Lavendar was here yesterday...she's still turning them out....147 straight plants. I think you've been in the woods too long.....your starting to Hibernate!
Hello to your lovely wife. :love:
Wouldn't be the same with out Sisco around. Did you notice he won MOTM?
Folks are still reading your old Journals my friend. Good stuff!
Don't be a stranger......I miss you. :thumb:

Nice to be back and see old friends. The Kid deserves it, I was just over there and of course didn't notice that he won. I'll give him congrats. I should have listened to Soniq (or was it the boss?) Told me a long time ago not to use my name for the pipes, stubborn me, didn't listen! I'll get in touch with them and see if I could change my 'name d'guere' to something else...Footman..no..wootsman...putzman. :scratchinghead:..? Who knows?

Lavendar! :hippy: :circle-of-love:

mekong didnt like my lights, need to give her another go, lucy, yes is a picky one for me, but i do like the high, so we just keep fighting....wild thai is part of the mother pkg. here....love it...also strawberry blue, hugh yields...also
off of purple haze....and i like blue cheese...so far about 15 favs....we're still in the same playing field tho.....only keep the biggest buds now, the rest go into oil and water hash....and cooking goodies....got a f. dew seed, may just go for it now....and will look for the urban poison....have a chocolope also...havent had room until lately for some new ones....our latest person we caretake for keeps us going....hes a smoke processor....greedy also...but, with the numbers we get to try new ones....he never helps either...oh well, thats life....was looking at that news group the other day, and wont come in...did it go off the air....:circle-of-love: wonderful to hear the woodsman may be back....great....take care....doing the garden thing now, but if i get into the pics again, may start a new journal up...could be fun....take care, oh, did you try pineapple exp. yet, im on the second set of her, and she is getting better all the time, same as somango and pez....hugs, later, lav..

You lost me on the first sentence! Too many strains to remember, too little time! I would smoke all of them gladly though! Lavendar my dear! So good to see 'the farm is :morenutes: still running'! Regards to P.

Like OMM said I've got an indoor going. Built another black plastic monstrosity up in the loft, a bit larger than the last indoor. I've got some seeds.... the two (reg) Sour Diesel seeds just popped so they are in a cup now along with a C99 (reg), a Maui (fem) and still waiting for the one Pink Lady (Bagweed #2) to pop before she (I hope) goes into the dirt. Still in the dark as they haven't 'emerged' yet. Hopefully tomorrow. Going to do a scrog I think as I'm underpowered again. As it stands now, it's just 200w (actual) of CFL's and my old 100w mh/hps. I may bump the cfl's up with a few more or higher wattage. Like I said above to OMM, I've got a problem with my name. I don't want the connection to my other stuff. All the best with your continuous grow!

I haven't used the LEDs for a long veg yet so a direct comparo isn't possible...
but I'm finding my Advanced lights produce the same sized buds (on SSOG, Super Skunk, and Cali Wildfire) as these strains produced outside. Less overall yield ....but the plants are much smaller in a 12/12 than they'd be in a "natural" grow.
I do use CFLs to fill the side light, even with 900wtt of LED. The Diodes are directional...like a flashlight beam. I keep meaning to call Advanced to see if these lights can be run on their side....they have built in fans and stuff. I don't know if it hurts them in some way to turn them....if not, I'll get another for the side, and do away with the CFLs all together. LEDs produce very little heat. 900 watts in a 10x10x8' interior room and not a single heat issue. Add 3 300wt CFLs and I need to open the doors. Don't shy from LEDs....just don't cheap out, you'll not be happy. Good lights cost a few sheckles.....I forget exactly....but 300wt is about $650....200wt for $550. I bought 3,
300watt and that covers 6 plants very well
Man o man....this Fresian Dew is getting good and stinky....she's a dank one...nice tight buds too. Really putting on the bulk now....SSOG too. RKS and Lucy are taking their time of course. I'll have Pineapple in there before those 2 strains come down .....DEW is fast! Bet it's in the jar by day 110 or 120.
Sold a couple sleds at the Daytona show. Sunburned and tired, I'm tryin g to drag myself to the shower now....6AM and I'm still typing
booooooooo......I gotta get rollin' Daddy-o. Those girls of yours are looking real good.:thumb::morenutes::cheer::cheer:
Peace y'all:Namaste:

Hey Lavendar. :high-five: This is really great talking to you again. Sorry for the late reply..have to sleep some time. :Namaste: Yep, try that mekong again. She's worth it. Have Lucy going again..like you love the high. Yea love wild thai...my last one gave me a cola that was and oz dry. OK, strawberry blue will be on the next order.
I have a blue cheese, I'll give her a try. So many..so little time. Well, glad your connected to a good outlet again. Sure makes life easier..even if he's pain.
No, the news group is still there. Need anything I have a zillian more books.
Speaking of the woodsman...he just answered you....the gang is getting back together.:cheer: Pineapple express is on the list, next. In the garden again sounds good.....how are your carp doing? P finished the fence I assume...no more bears.

When you posted on this journal...you are subbed. I would love it if you started another journal...so would everyone else. Hugs to you too!:thumb:

Hey Woodsman :high-five: I like saying that again. Oh! noes....same name! Lets see Pipehead, Pipe Maker. OakStock? Woodstock? Hand Made. Endless possibilities. Now to see if they will change it. Give J a hug for me. Glad to see you old rascal. By the way, my nurse is still around. :thumb:

I haven't used the LEDs for a long veg yet so a direct comparo isn't possible...
but I'm finding my Advanced lights produce the same sized buds (on SSOG, Super Skunk, and Cali Wildfire) as these strains produced outside. Less overall yield ....but the plants are much smaller in a 12/12 than they'd be in a "natural" grow.
I do use CFLs to fill the side light, even with 900wtt of LED. The Diodes are directional...like a flashlight beam. I keep meaning to call Advanced to see if these lights can be run on their side....they have built in fans and stuff. I don't know if it hurts them in some way to turn them....if not, I'll get another for the side, and do away with the CFLs all together. LEDs produce very little heat. 900 watts in a 10x10x8' interior room and not a single heat issue. Add 3 300wt CFLs and I need to open the doors. Don't shy from LEDs....just don't cheap out, you'll not be happy. Good lights cost a few sheckles.....I forget exactly....but 300wt is about $650....200wt for $550. I bought 3,
300watt and that covers 6 plants very well
Man o man....this Fresian Dew is getting good and stinky....she's a dank one...nice tight buds too. Really putting on the bulk now....SSOG too. RKS and Lucy are taking their time of course. I'll have Pineapple in there before those 2 strains come down .....DEW is fast! Bet it's in the jar by day 110 or 120.
Sold a couple sleds at the Daytona show. Sunburned and tired, I'm tryin g to drag myself to the shower now....6AM and I'm still typing
booooooooo......I gotta get rollin' Daddy-o. Those girls of yours are looking real good.:thumb::morenutes::cheer::cheer:
Peace y'all:Namaste:

Hey Chopper. Yep, can get awful hot in Daytona. Watched the 500 one year, when I was stationed at the cape for a while. I can't think of a reason you couldn't hang those lights on the side. Same here CFLs = heat. Have to have them thou for fill in. Those lights just sound wonderful. One of these days..maybe.:cheesygrinsmiley:
The Dew sounds great...as usual....have to one spark one again.

Glad your trip was worth it! Now hit the shower....we older folks need our sleep. :grinjoint:

A quick Picture Update.

Day 10 of Flower.

The White Russian

whiterus_jpg.JPG

The Sage

sage_jpg2.JPG

Lemon Skunk

lemonsk_jpg1.JPG

The Church

church_jpg2.JPG

Lucy

Lucy_jpg3.JPG

A group shot

grp_jpg1.JPG

:thumb:

Damn OMM, those are some good looking plants you have there! Those are airpots right? Why are they called that?

I wanted to thank both YOU and THsea for helping me with my soiled mums. With your help they will be better in no time. Just replanted them in Fox Farms ocean forrest and will be using OC+ for nutes since you like it. I repped THsea and now it's your turn!
:thanks:

:love::love::love::love:OMM:love::love::love::love:

Oh those girls look SO HEALTHY!!!! :thumb:

It feels amazingly FANTASTIC to see yer grow, how's it feel for you?!!! LOL

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:
:love::love::love::circle-of-love::

:circle-of-love::circle-of-love::circle-of-love: Hey Granny Girl! :circle-of-love::circle-of-love::circle-of-love:

I Feel Good! Like James Brown used to say.

It's great to be growing something good again. Loving my girls. :love::love:

OMM Lovies to YOU!:circle-of-love:

Damn OMM, those are some good looking plants you have there! Those are airpots right? Why are they called that?

I wanted to thank both YOU and THsea for helping me with my soiled mums. With your help they will be better in no time. Just replanted them in Fox Farms ocean forrest and will be using OC+ for nutes since you like it. I repped THsea and now it's your turn!
:thanks:

Damn, this is my third try at answering you, &(&*(&*^ Internet!

A few years back myself and another guy started using AirPots the same day on 420. They are famous for growing larger plants in smaller pots and they self prune your roots. They never get root bound. My largest pot is a 3.5 gallon in this grow. I am posting a link to the original AirPots. They have been using them for over 20 years in Scotland and the UK. You can buy knock offs here in the US. I still use the originals.
Be sure to watch the videos.....tells you exactly how they work. They are reusable for ever. Love them.

Hey...Thanks for the reps!

They all look promising Unckie O :thumb: this must put a little more spring in your step now....huh!?

:circle-of-love:

I'd be glowing with pride too.... :cheer:

EDIT

Hey Nephew! Man, it sure does...feeling good. Excited again! :cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley:

A quick Picture Update.

Day 10 of Flower.

The White Russian

whiterus_jpg.JPG

The Sage

sage_jpg2.JPG

Lemon Skunk

lemonsk_jpg1.JPG

The Church

church_jpg2.JPG

Lucy

Lucy_jpg3.JPG

A group shot

grp_jpg1.JPG

OK, now that we're on a different page...bump these girls up!

Looks like they are growing real nice and tight, using the space and lights very well.

You said your cleaning up some of that stuff growing in between their legs right? lol Defoliation in the center of like the Sage for more gooder growth, unless you're still stuck on them European models. I'm not nocking natural girls, I'm just saying...to each their own. :thumb:

OK, now that we're on a different page...bump these girls up!

Looks like they are growing real nice and tight, using the space and lights very well.

You said your cleaning up some of that stuff growing in between their legs right? lol Defoliation in the center of like the Sage for more gooder growth, unless you're still stuck on them European models. I'm not nocking natural girls, I'm just saying...to each their own. :thumb:

Thanks for the Bump Sisco!
I will be trimming them soon....you know me....I like em all! :circle-of-love:

Back
Top Bottom