Twenty20 Mendocino Bubba Whip, Photoperiod 2024

What's the recommended flower time bro?
58-68 days….dirty little secret just for us. That beautiful crescendo I grew last was harvested too soon barely catch a buzz so disappointing, so need to be really sure about miss bubba.

58-68 days….dirty little secret just for us. That beautiful crescendo I grew last was harvested too soon barely catch a buzz so disappointing, so need to be really sure about miss bubba.
Sounds right depending pheno. 68-70 days is around my time from clone I usually harvest,
Unfortunate to hear about the Crescendo bro.
She looked 🔥.

Sounds right depending pheno. 68-70 days is around my time from clone I usually harvest,
Unfortunate to hear about the Crescendo bro.
She looked 🔥.
Thanks Gaines.....I am planning on the full 68 days for now and we'll see how it goes. I will be consulting all of you hear as we get closer to harvest so I dont pull the trigger too early. That Crescendo, I still have all of it in the grove bags and am going to gag-gift it to friends of mine next time I am out west. It looks soooo good. I've definitely got her on the grow plan again.

Day 104 Above Ground, Day 30 of Flower
Light: 12 Hours/day, 18" from Canopy at 100% Intensity
PPFD ~1093, DLI 47
77.3.D, 62% RH

Hey 420........Sorry for the lengthy pause between posts. Bubba Whip just quietly slipped into week 5 of flower, an important week as it marks a big change in her feed schedule:
  1. A reduction in her primary Nitrogen source, Grow Big, by 50% this week and 100% next week
  2. An increase in Tiger Bloom (primary flowering nute) from 50% to 100% of recommended feed.
  3. Note this is her final week of CalMag supplementation
With all that in mind above, her feed yesterday was (only) EC ~1.4 or 980 PPM. I say "only" because in my last grow (Crescendo), my feed in week 5 was, good fuck.....3.4 EC (2380 PPM)!! That's nuclear reactor coolant levels people!
These changes (in nute mix and PPM levels) will help miss Bubba finish her bud growth and transition into a (fairly) low-chemical ripening environment.

Speaking of bud growth....honestly, does she look a little sparse to you? She is really taking her sweet time to bulk up. If smell equated to bud size, I wouldn't be concerned, she's the hashiest smelling girl I've ever had in my house!

Have a great week everyone.

IMG_0848.jpeg

IMG_0847.jpeg

IMG_0850.jpeg

IMG_0856.jpeg

IMG_0858.jpeg

IMG_0857.jpeg

IMG_0859.jpeg

IMG_0854.jpeg

Hey 420,

My new seed order just arrived! I can barely control myself as I slip into my depends, pop an anxiety med, and crack the UPS envelope. My fingers are trembling as I remove the absurd amount of bubble wrap protecting the two small psychedelic packages that lie within. “Who the hell designs this stuff?”, I wonder, as I unveil an Ethos White Wedding and Twenty20 Mendocino Bubba Whip…..drool spills from my slackened lips as the weight of indecision hits me straight in the face. “Which one of these am I going to run?” Both look stunning and while I have a soft spot for Ethos genetics, this Bubba Whip has my attention. Do I order the Dairy Queen Truffle Blizzard or the Peanut Buster Parfait? F*cK! A flop sweat breaks out and I’ve decided to drop from this work call to give this my utmost attention. My dog just scurried for cover, am I talking out loud again? Yes! “Which one would you pick?” I ask him. No response, the tight muzzled bastard. Then, a break through! I can’t decide and decide that’s ok. Lady luck will be my guide. Slick, clammy hands place each pack into a wide brimmed fishing hat and I give it a shake, too much apparently as the White Wedding flies from the hat into the sink. I regroup, mix, and draw.…out comes Bubba Whip! (but you know this already from the title of the journal). This is exhausting!

Seriously, while it was hard to decide, I am really, really jazzed about this Twenty20 Mendocino Bubba Whip, a mating of one of Twenty20’s primary lines, The Whip, with a Pre-Bubba98 Kush cut. Based on the literature, it sounds like she can be massive outdoors, but indoors slims down well with a mild(er) stretch. I’m really excited to see what she can do. Here are more details about this girl from Twenty20:
  • Type: Indica Hybrid (Feminized Photoperiod)
  • Lineage: Pre-98 Bubba x The Whip!
  • Filial Generation: F2
  • PVI (Phenotypic Variation Index): Below Average
  • Indoor Flower Time: 58-68 days
  • Outdoor Harvest Date: Mid Oct
  • Trellising Requirements: Minimal but flowers are huge and heavy and may need some support
  • Height/Stretch: Below average indoors but outdoor plants get huge
  • Yield (per sf): Above Average
  • Color: Mostly dark green with purple expressions
  • Nose: Light Bubba Kush smell, deep kush gas and extremely hashy with slight candy undertones
  • Tips from the grower: Plants do great with LST. Moderate defoliation is recommended, especially with outdoor plants near harvest time. This is an excellent choice for indoor/outdoor gardens but because of the dense foliage outdoors, keep an eye out for mold. This is also an ideal selection for light deprivation greenhouses.
  • Notes: She is large and stout. This was a standout winner from our 2021 outdoor garden phenohunt. Expect big stout plants with super resinous and sticky buds.
This is my 6th grow now and the learning curve has been steep, but a fun climb! I am going to employ the KISS principle this time (Keep It Simple Stupid). In hindsight, I don’t think these ladies need all the stuff I’ve given them in the past (PK boosters for example), so I’ll talk about how, where, and why I am making changes to simplify the grow as we move through the journal. Thanks to you here for the nudge, you know who you are!

Grow Specs:
Grow Type: Indoor Soil
Grow Space: Spyder Farmer Grow Tent: 2.2'x2.2'x 5'2”
4” Inline fan and RC412 Australian carbon filter from Spyder Farmer
LED Vivosun VS1500
4” Vivosun Oscillating Fan
1G Capacity Humidifier
ThermoPro Agrometer
Fire Safety: SereneLife Flamebuster fireball anchored to a steel grate on the outside roof of the tent.
Containers, Soil, and Amendments:
  • I plan to start miss Bubba in a 4” ceramic pot with a 33%/33%/33% mix of Fox Farm Happy Frog, Jiffy Starter Mix, and Perlite, plus a teaspoon of Great White Mycorrizae. I’ll transplant her to an 8” (about 1G) ceramic pot after 10-12 days and then to her final home, a 5-gallon fabric pot. I’ve already prepped the soil for the 4” ceramic and soaked it a couple of days ago with a PH’d (6.8) DI water/calmag (200ppm) solution.
  • Nutrients
  • I’ve been using a subset of the Fox Farm nutrient line since my first grow and have had good success, so plan to stick with their core 3 (Big Bloom, Grow Big, and Tiger Bloom). However, with the KISS principle in mind, I am going to remove the bloom boosters from the rotation (Open Sesame, Beastie Bloomz, Cha Ching). These powders are really strong and after some reading, I’m curious to see if I can get similar/better results without them. This change should also get me closer to that faded look I’ve been missing in late flower.
I’ll be supplementing feeds with Fox Farm CalMag, Silica, Great White Mycorrizae, Fox Farm Flower’s Kiss, and Fox Farm Bembe’, a carb product for the bugs that will replace molasses in the late-flower watering rotation.
Training Techniques
  • I’ll be doing Yoga 6x/week along with a bike routine and…..oh, sorry
  • I am going to flux miss Bubba, long and hard! This used to be called “mainlining” and involves topping 3 different times to create 8 primary colas. If I get it right, the canopy will be perfectly even and the colas in focus with little to no popcorn bud, a grower’s dream.
Alright, enough blab, lets grow! I just checked on Miss Bubba bean, she’s been soaking in H2O overnight, and is ready to move to a paper towel to germinate. I’ll be back later with a “conception” post.

Peace and thanks for following along.

I love the name, Bubba anything for me, do you have experience with their stuff? I have seen their seed but never anything that I knew was theirs that was finished

Day 104 Above Ground, Day 30 of Flower
Light: 12 Hours/day, 18" from Canopy at 100% Intensity
PPFD ~1093, DLI 47
77.3.D, 62% RH

Hey 420........Sorry for the lengthy pause between posts. Bubba Whip just quietly slipped into week 5 of flower, an important week as it marks a big change in her feed schedule:
  1. A reduction in her primary Nitrogen source, Grow Big, by 50% this week and 100% next week
  2. An increase in Tiger Bloom (primary flowering nute) from 50% to 100% of recommended feed.
  3. Note this is her final week of CalMag supplementation
With all that in mind above, her feed yesterday was (only) EC ~1.4 or 980 PPM. I say "only" because in my last grow (Crescendo), my feed in week 5 was, good fuck.....3.4 EC (2380 PPM)!! That's nuclear reactor coolant levels people!
These changes (in nute mix and PPM levels) will help miss Bubba finish her bud growth and transition into a (fairly) low-chemical ripening environment.

Speaking of bud growth....honestly, does she look a little sparse to you? She is really taking her sweet time to bulk up. If smell equated to bud size, I wouldn't be concerned, she's the hashiest smelling girl I've ever had in my house!

Have a great week everyone.

IMG_0848.jpeg

IMG_0847.jpeg

IMG_0850.jpeg

IMG_0856.jpeg

IMG_0858.jpeg

IMG_0857.jpeg

IMG_0859.jpeg

IMG_0854.jpeg
this is amazing, thanks for showing us your taining, I might switch from three to two branches lol, truly spectacular friend, I look forward to seeing this again, I will have to read your essay to see what you are using. keep up the great work.

She looks fantastic bro! Doesn't look sparse to me. Looks very dense looking from over here. Be careful after you cut the N and your npk ratios get all out place. That's just my opinion.. great job on her buddy!
Thanks Spark........I need to chill, my anxiety after Crescendo is through the roof lol. Can you elaborate a little on the NPK ratios? What should I be looking for/careful about?
Thanks Carmen, I just needed someone to look over my shoulder, really appreciate it!

I love the name, Bubba anything for me, do you have experience with their stuff? I have seen their seed but never anything that I knew was theirs that was finished
Hey KBuenos, I grew one of their Auto's (Mendo Skunky Garlic)....biggest buds I've ever seen on a plant but I screwed up the grow and it was trashy, big but trashy. I need to go look for a finished one (great idea!)

this is amazing, thanks for showing us your taining, I might switch from three to two branches lol, truly spectacular friend, I look forward to seeing this again, I will have to read your essay to see what you are using. keep up the great work.
Thanks my friend, if you have any questions let me know. I'm not sure that this style (mainlining) is for every plant. Its an intense, high stress training technique and I assume that not all types of plants will react well. You saw me wondering if Babs looked ok, I was thinking she might be a little stressed from the topping. In comparison, I mainlined a Grandaddy Purple (my only grow w/o a journal) 3-4 years ago and she reacted so well to it and got enormous (gee, maybe I need grow one of those again!).

Thanks my friend, if you have any questions let me know. I'm not sure that this style (mainlining) is for every plant. Its an intense, high stress training technique and I assume that not all types of plants will react well. You saw me wondering if Babs looked ok, I was thinking she might be a little stressed from the topping. In comparison, I mainlined a Grandaddy Purple (my only grow w/o a journal) 3-4 years ago and she reacted so well to it and got enormous (gee, maybe I need grow one of those again!).
that is how I feel about Pink Runtz, I am soo glad that I "had to" grow that, of the selection that was available to me I was most intrigued by that, and I gotta say that fruity cereal, bubblegum thing that is going on is amazing, thank you for talking, have a great day, I am gonna try out some Tuna Kush, I look forward to showing, who doesn't love pungent nuggets right

Back
Top Bottom