Twenty20 Mendocino Bubba Whip, Photoperiod 2024

Day 92 Above Ground, Day 18 of Flower
Light: 12 Hours/day, 16" from Canopy at 75% Intensity
PPFD ~920, DLI 39.7 (moving to 1045/45 DLI next week)
77.1.D, 58% RH

Hey 420......Bubbles looks beautiful this morning as she continues to build. I top-dressed her yesterday with an inch of worm casts and gave her a snort of Foxfarm Bembe', her first. This product is designed to feed the microbes and will replace backstrap molasses in her non-feed water solution (CalMag, Big Bloom, Great White Myco).

This is my favorite time of the grow, but also when I am the most nervous (she looks sparse, is she really going to build?, did I over-trim?). I think they call that anxiety, right? :Rasta: :Rasta: :Rasta:

IMG_0763.jpeg

IMG_0765.jpeg

IMG_0770.jpeg

IMG_0773.jpeg

IMG_0776.jpeg

IMG_0780.jpeg

IMG_0784.jpeg

IMG_0779.jpeg

Beautiful plant. So you top at the 1st node and then top/double top the little branches?
Thanks Jiggi…..I let her grow to 7 nodes and then topped her between the 3rd and 4th nodes and then topped each branch at the first node, twice, for a total of 3 topping sessions. Kind of confusing to type it.

Hello again! What those indicators mean and how do you measure them?

PPFD ~920,
DLI 39.7 (moving to 1045/45 DLI next week)
77.1.D, 58% RH
Hey Herrjack....I'll start with the easy ones on the bottom row. That's 77.1 Degrees (D) and 58% Relative Humidity (RH). I use a hygrometer (from amazon) to measure these values. The hygrometer hangs in the tent and broadcasts wirelessly to a display unit in my office. DLI stands for Daily Light Integral, and is a concept designed to quantify the amount of light a plant gets per day. It's based on light intensity (measured in units called PPFD) and number of hours of light per day. The takeaway is there is such a thing as too much (or too little) light and DLI lets us measure and then optimize what the plant is getting. There is a formula (below):

DLI is the total sum of photosynthetic lighting intensity measured as PPFD over a 24 hour period. To calculate:
DLI = ((PPFD x #Hours) * 3600) / 1000000 -or-
DLI = (PPFD x #Hours) / 277.778 (about)

I've seen folks use a PAR meter to measure PPFD. I am just estimating it based on the chart that came with my Vivosun VS1500 (below). I also use the second chart (from @LKABudMan) as a guide to determine what the DLI might look like, week over week during the grow.

Vivosun VS1500 Par Map
1721497750180.png

DLI Map (Photos)
1721497828144.png

I hope the PPFD values provided by the producer are accurate, as i understand that in many cases the chinese tend to lie when it comes to products specifications manufactured by them, in China. I don't know where Vivosun are made, but hopefully the values are correct.

Regarding the height of your plant, what height do you estimate your plant will get till the end of flowering?

I hope the PPFD values provided by the producer are accurate, as i understand that in many cases the chinese tend to lie when it comes to products specifications manufactured by them, in China. I don't know where Vivosun are made, but hopefully the values are correct.

Regarding the height of your plant, what height do you estimate your plant will get till the end of flowering?
I think they are made in USA (they are located here anyway). I dig this light (I am going to comment on it in my next post), but if I have doubts for some reason I could get a cheap PAR meter and confirm, I'm just too lazy ;).

She's pegged at 36" tall and has not grown an inch in 2 weeks.

Company NameEstablishment DateLocation
Philips Lighting1891Eindhoven, Netherlands
Vorlane2014Guangdong, China
Crecer Lightingn/aUSA
Vivosun2009Ontario, CA, USA
Fluence2013Austin, Texas, USA
Valoya2009Helsinki, Finland
Yaham Lighting2003Shenzhen, China
Eco LED Farms2010sUSA
Spectrum King LEDn/aUSA
Luminous1988Denver, CO, USA
Mars Hydro2000Shenzhen, China

I think they are made in USA (they are located here anyway). I dig this light (I am going to comment on it in my next post), but if I have doubts for some reason I could get a cheap PAR meter and confirm, I'm just too lazy ;).

She's pegged at 36" tall and has not grown an inch in 2 weeks.

Company NameEstablishment DateLocation
Philips Lighting1891Eindhoven, Netherlands
Vorlane2014Guangdong, China
Crecer Lightingn/aUSA
Vivosun2009Ontario, CA, USA
Fluence2013Austin, Texas, USA
Valoya2009Helsinki, Finland
Yaham Lighting2003Shenzhen, China
Eco LED Farms2010sUSA
Spectrum King LEDn/aUSA
Luminous1988Denver, CO, USA
Mars Hydro2000Shenzhen, China
The back of the instruction manual for my Aerolights says "Designed in California/Made in China".

Day 97 Above Ground, Day 23 of Flower
Light: 12 Hours/day, 18" from Canopy at 100% Intensity
PPFD ~1093, DLI 47
77.3.D, 60% RH

That high pitched whine that only a dog could hear, the subtle, supersonic vibration that tickles the ear drum, the flickering of power across the eastern seaboard, all just might be the result of my Vivosun VS1500 being moved into the 100% intensity position. I've not been able to run it at 100% before (plant height) so am stoked to turn the dial all the way to 11 (insert Spinal Tap video here)!

BTW, Bubba is looking good....build baby build! It’s getting snowy in there and I trimmed just a few (<5% for sure) big fan leaves to open up the middle and make room for some of the side shoots. She's really stanky, Lume anyone? If you look closely at some of her fans, she's clawing, burning at the tips a bit. I'll be dialing back my feeds even further (last one was yesterday, 1100 PPM, maybe a bit stiff for her).

Stay classy 420!

IMG_0801.jpeg

IMG_0806.jpeg

IMG_0813.jpeg

IMG_0812.jpeg

IMG_0824.jpeg

IMG_0814.jpeg

IMG_0795.jpeg

The back of the instruction manual for my Aerolights says "Designed in California/Made in China".
I can't find my manual, probably made in China but they need good grow lights too! :Rasta:

Day 97 Above Ground, Day 23 of Flower
Light: 12 Hours/day, 18" from Canopy at 100% Intensity
PPFD ~1093, DLI 47
77.3.D, 60% RH

That high pitched whine that only a dog could hear, the subtle, supersonic vibration that tickles the ear drum, the flickering of power across the eastern seaboard, all just might be the result of my Vivosun VS1500 being moved into the 100% intensity position. I've not been able to run it at 100% before (plant height) so am stoked to turn the dial all the way to 11 (insert Spinal Tap video here)!

BTW, Bubba is looking good....build baby build! It’s getting snowy in there and I trimmed just a few (<5% for sure) big fan leaves to open up the middle and make room for some of the side shoots. She's really stanky, Lume anyone? If you look closely at some of her fans, she's clawing, burning at the tips a bit. I'll be dialing back my feeds even further (last one was yesterday, 1100 PPM, maybe a bit stiff for her).

Stay classy 420!

IMG_0801.jpeg

IMG_0806.jpeg

IMG_0813.jpeg

IMG_0812.jpeg

IMG_0824.jpeg

IMG_0814.jpeg

IMG_0795.jpeg
Wow, that is crazy bro the trichs development so far. She is settling in nicely after the stretch packing on some weight.
Well done my bro

Wow, that is crazy bro the trichs development so far. She is settling in nicely after the stretch packing on some weight.
Well done my bro
Thanks Spark, yeah she is locked in now. I'm super excited to see how she progresses over the next month. I hope your summer is going well.

Back
Top Bottom