Twenty20 Mendocino Bubba Whip, Photoperiod 2024

Tried to germinate a seed and after it sprouted in a wet paper towel, i put it in a little pot, the seed break the soil and you could see the cotyledon under the cracked seed, but only one cotyledon emerged. The other remained under the seed and then the seed fell down along with one cotiledon. Only one remained. Although the stem was healthy, i decided to throw it away and try another seed. Never happened this scenario before. All i experienced so far was they either germinate or not. Have you ever experienced this thing?

Also, there is this canadian guy Pilly The Stoner which post some interesting clips on youtube regarding growing cannabis and many other related things about it such as making hash oil etc and the way he germinate is he first throw the seeds in a glass full of tap water and leave them about 18 hours then he check either they still float or not. He says that the ones that still float are not suitable to grow, not having enough proprieties to break the soil and be a viable seed.

After that, he put each seed in their own pot. The seeds are not popped when are placed in the pots. The question is: can this be harmful to a plant considering that if you place it randomly, the seed must find the way up to break the soil?

This happened to me when i germinated the seed in paper towel and i've placed in the pot. When i decided to throw it away and pulled out vertically out of the pot, the stem/root was for about 0.2 inches to the shape of letter S. You could see that it wanted to grow in a direction that was not the right one, and then she redirected the way up to the surface of the pot.

So is it bad for a seed to just be placed in a pot and let it find the way up by herself?

Tried to germinate a seed and after it sprouted in a wet paper towel, i put it in a little pot, the seed break the soil and you could see the cotyledon under the cracked seed, but only one cotyledon emerged. The other remained under the seed and then the seed fell down along with one cotiledon. Only one remained. Although the stem was healthy, i decided to throw it away and try another seed. Never happened this scenario before. All i experienced so far was they either germinate or not. Have you ever experienced this thing?

Also, there is this canadian guy Pilly The Stoner which post some interesting clips on youtube regarding growing cannabis and many other related things about it such as making hash oil etc and the way he germinate is he first throw the seeds in a glass full of tap water and leave them about 18 hours then he check either they still float or not. He says that the ones that still float are not suitable to grow, not having enough proprieties to break the soil and be a viable seed.

After that, he put each seed in their own pot. The seeds are not popped when are placed in the pots. The question is: can this be harmful to a plant considering that if you place it randomly, the seed must find the way up to break the soil?

This happened to me when i germinated the seed in paper towel and i've placed in the pot. When i decided to throw it away and pulled out vertically out of the pot, the stem/root was for about 0.2 inches to the shape of letter S. You could see that it wanted to grow in a direction that was not the right one, and then she redirected the way up to the surface of the pot.

So is it bad for a seed to just be placed in a pot and let it find the way up by herself?
Hey Herrjack........I use the glass of water method. I'll let her soak in PH balanced H20 for 18-24 hours first, move her to a paper towel until she sprouts, then drop her in the soil, root down, about an inch or so deep, and keep her warm and moist until she breaks ground. I've heard the "sink or swim" thing about the seeds too but have had sinkers and floaters both sprout ok. I see folks on this site go from water to soil and skip the paper towel and works great, there is no right or wrong necessarily, I just prefer the extra time to get her going before putting her in the dirt. If you have a myco product, sprinkle it on her roots and in the hole before you drop her in.

It sounds like your seed pod got stuck on the coty's as they tried to unfurl?? If so, that happened in this grow to Bubba (below). I just peeled away the seed pod with tweezers and she kept coming. When they fall over, that's "usually" because they are too far from the light or you may need a little breeze in the tent to help her stem strengthen. It could also be damping off (too wet and she drowned basically). You can support her with a toothpick (or similar). Post a pic if you want so we can see.

Your plan is solid, stick to it as I've never used your nutrients before.
I would recommend to cut back on N slowly and increase pk slowly. If you cut back too hard on N and increase pk a lot could run into deficiencies as she in week 5 now.
Just a thought!

Get out of your head on the last grow. Your grow skills are next level bro. :high-five:
96% genetics and 4% grow skills on producing great flowers
That's all genetics brother 💯! You can pull a little early and still be fine with good beans.

Going to be great smoke bro. :headbanger:

I always start my seeds straight in dirt. I do start them in a nursery grade seedling mix tho. My strike rate is good.

If your seed is popping up with a helmet, try burying your seed a tiny bit deeper. The dirt acts as a birth canal, and that helmet ideally pushes away as the seed slides up into the world.

Quick photo shoot, really building now. I need to take her out of the tent to get a good photo. The glare is tremendous.

IMG_0868.jpeg

IMG_0882.jpeg

IMG_0869.jpeg

IMG_0874.jpeg

IMG_0880.jpeg

Perfect color homie for the age of the plant in flower:high-five: bro, I agree cutting back the N a little bit going forward.
Flower size is really based on genetics not how much nutrients you can give them to bulk up.
But I'm all "bro science" too.. 😂
Hope you have a great up coming weekend!

We got to get together and go fishing my friend or play some golf

Your plan is solid, stick to it as I've never used your nutrients before.
I would recommend to cut back on N slowly and increase pk slowly. If you cut back too hard on N and increase pk a lot could run into deficiencies as she in week 5 now.
Just a thought!

Get out of your head on the last grow. Your grow skills are next level bro. :high-five:
96% genetics and 4% grow skills on producing great flowers
That's all genetics brother 💯! You can pull a little early and still be fine with good beans.

Going to be great smoke bro. :headbanger:
Thanks man, I just burned one so I'll be alright :)......Thanks for the tip too, re, NPK phasing. Foxfarm has me going from 100% Grow Big (primary N source) to none over a 3 week period (100%/50%/0%). I've been ramping Tiger Bloom, her primary flowering nute (2-8-4), from 5ML/G to 10ML/G over a 3 week period as well (5ML/7.5ML/10ML). Does that sound about right? It feels odd to stop all CalMag next week but...........

Thanks man, I just burned one so I'll be alright :)......Thanks for the tip too, re, NPK phasing. Foxfarm has me going from 100% Grow Big (primary N source) to none over a 3 week period (100%/50%/0%). I've been ramping Tiger Bloom, her primary flowering nute (2-8-4), from 5ML/G to 10ML/G over a 3 week period as well (5ML/7.5ML/10ML). Does that sound about right? It feels odd to stop all CalMag next week but...........
Slowly decrease your cal/mag too around week 6 or so with the N,. Maybe increase your pk a little but don't go crazy on boosters and having extreme increases, that is not going to do anything other than frying the plant imo. Maybe, a extra boost in carbs too

Your plant looks healthy and awesome. I can only hope mine come out looking half as good.
Thank you Retiree.......there is so much to learn. It takes a while, especially 1 plant at a time. Have patience and keep it simple.

I always start my seeds straight in dirt. I do start them in a nursery grade seedling mix tho. My strike rate is good.

If your seed is popping up with a helmet, try burying your seed a tiny bit deeper. The dirt acts as a birth canal, and that helmet ideally pushes away as the seed slides up into the world.
Good to see you Tra. Great idea/feedback!

Perfect color homie for the age of the plant in flower:high-five: bro, I agree cutting back the N a little bit going forward.
Flower size is really based on genetics not how much nutrients you can give them to bulk up.
But I'm all "bro science" too.. 😂
Hope you have a great up coming weekend!

We got to get together and go fishing my friend or play some golf
Thanks Spark, yeah I am down for both, that would be a blast. You are in the ATL area?

Slowly decrease your cal/mag too around week 6 or so with the N,. Maybe increase your pk a little but don't go crazy on boosters and having extreme increases, that is not going to do anything other than frying the plant imo. Maybe, a extra boost in carbs too
Thanks Gaines, that advice aligns pretty well with the feed chart so looks like we are on the right track. I have cast away all the boosters for this grow, although I almost sprinkled some beastie bloomz in the other day, its like crack! I took your advice and switched from molasses to a carb product (FoxFarm's Bembe'). Bubba's roots have been bathing in 15ML/G 1x/week for the last 2-3 weeks. I also mixed in a top dress of worm castings, so its been a good few days to be a microbe in Bubba's crotchal region (TNT/HBO has been re-running Anchor Man for two weeks, I can't stop quoting it, my fam is about to strike me down).
:passitleft:

Quick photo shoot, really building now. I need to take her out of the tent to get a good photo. The glare is tremendous.

IMG_0868.jpeg

IMG_0882.jpeg

IMG_0869.jpeg

IMG_0874.jpeg

IMG_0880.jpeg

Beautiful brother :goodjob: she frosty as hell! 🤤🤤

Hope you and the family are good bro 👊

Hey Herrjack........I use the glass of water method. I'll let her soak in PH balanced H20 for 18-24 hours first, move her to a paper towel until she sprouts, then drop her in the soil, root down, about an inch or so deep, and keep her warm and moist until she breaks ground. I've heard the "sink or swim" thing about the seeds too but have had sinkers and floaters both sprout ok. I see folks on this site go from water to soil and skip the paper towel and works great, there is no right or wrong necessarily, I just prefer the extra time to get her going before putting her in the dirt. If you have a myco product, sprinkle it on her roots and in the hole before you drop her in.

It sounds like your seed pod got stuck on the coty's as they tried to unfurl?? If so, that happened in this grow to Bubba (below). I just peeled away the seed pod with tweezers and she kept coming. When they fall over, that's "usually" because they are too far from the light or you may need a little breeze in the tent to help her stem strengthen. It could also be damping off (too wet and she drowned basically). You can support her with a toothpick (or similar). Post a pic if you want so we can see.

Can't post pics as i didn't take any of it. But i have germinate a new seed and i already have two issues. The first one is that the cotyledon emerged above the soil without the seed. Can't see the seed anywhere. I guess it's still in the ground. And second, despite the fact that the distance from my SF 2000 is at 23 inches (60cm) and 50% intensity following the manufacture guidelines, the plant stretched a lot. Iv'e seen that every plant stretches a bit, but mine stretched more than expected. It's already 1.16 inches (5.5cm) tall. Any advices?

20240803_103851.jpg

Can't post pics as i didn't take any of it. But i have germinate a new seed and i already have two issues. The first one is that the cotyledon emerged above the soil without the seed. Can't see the seed anywhere. I guess it's still in the ground. And second, despite the fact that the distance from my SF 2000 is at 23 inches (60cm) and 50% intensity following the manufacture guidelines, the plant stretched a lot. Iv'e seen that every plant stretches a bit, but mine stretched more than expected. It's already 1.16 inches (5.5cm) tall. Any advices?

20240803_103851.jpg

Looks perfect to mee buddy 👌 can't see any issues. You can just bury her deeper when you up pot but she'll be fine 👍

Back
Top Bottom