I'll let other more experienced cloners answer you on that Boo. I can tell you that they were only watered once or twice with a dropper. The moisture could have absorbed into the sponge from the humidity but they were never saturated to the point if I squeezed them they oozed water.I do know some that start and finish in water so yes of course that method is possible. I understand it takes more time but I'm still grasping a lot of the little things too.
I use H2o2 (3%) in the float water for seed starting (water 5:1). More than anything it’s to sterilize the water from the bacteria on my filthy hands. It doesn’t touch the actual seedling though except I dump the water into the soil where it becomes harmless.

For cuttings, H2o2 is tricky because just a little too much and you burn tiny roots that might be about to form.

In hydro/aeroponic though, I used 33% food grade h202 in my reservoir a lot. For established root systems, that stuff in the proper quantity is a life saver. It eats old organic matter and feeds pure oxygen to the roots. We used to call it the Dr.
We used to do lots of things different :laughtwo:

I haven’t found a need for it in cloning, as long as everything is nice and clean you’ll get repeatable results. There’s always a few mushy ones that just don’t have the will to live.

Thanks Goody and goody information that is. I haven't given up on this method as it's my first time and I know it works. It's perfecting it that will take a couple of tries. I've already learned a lot from my first attempt. It's all in the starter and if you let it rise first then it makes great sourdough... hold on that's not right.
I still could end up doing the Cloninator® but I have plenty of rooters to use up first.

Hey everybody!
Again I was doing some lurning tonight and came across a quick video on using old media compared to new media. This video has a great explanation of what to look for and how to address it.

Here's how to make your own wetting agent.

You can make your own soil wetting agent using the food grade thickener, agar agar (algin), derived from seaweed.
Slowly add boiling water to agar agar and stir to make a paste about the same consistency as wallpaper paste. Don’t know what that is like? Think thick custard.

Next, dilute 250 ml of this paste in 4.5 l of water. Water on to seed beds, seedlings, flower beds or containerised plants. This should cover 4 sq metres.
As with all kinds of wetting agent, this algin solution blends most effectively when applied to already moist soil.

Unlike chemical wetting agents, algin has no hidden, unexplained or harmful side effects. It is readily biodegradable, lasting for up to three weeks. In practical terms when transplanted seedlings have established in their new position it’s likely the algin has been completely digested by soil microbes, by which time it will have done its job.

:Rasta:

Hey, Brother, the plants look great! Very healthy! :welldone:

On your clones, it really looks to me like you're keeping the rapid rooter much too wet and the roots are rotting. It's also possible you didn't air it out enough, or possibly the combination.

I recommend wetting the Rapid Rooter when you first transplant the clone, and no need to have the cube waterlogged. You can squeeze out some of the excess water, as long as the cube is good and damp. From there, it goes under 100% humidity until I see roots (open to air every day or two). Rarely do I ever have to re-wet the cube, unless it's a pretty subborn clone taking more than a couple of weeks to root since those cubes retain water really well and it doesn't evaporate under the 100% humidity. :Namaste:

So very verdant. :bravo:
Thanks HH and I hope you're having a good nite!
Hey, Brother, the plants look great! Very healthy! :welldone:

On your clones, it really looks to me like you're keeping the rapid rooter much too wet and the roots are rotting. It's also possible you didn't air it out enough, or possibly the combination.

I recommend wetting the Rapid Rooter when you first transplant the clone, and no need to have the cube waterlogged. You can squeeze out some of the excess water, as long as the cube is good and damp. From there, it goes under 100% humidity until I see roots (open to air every day or two). Rarely do I ever have to re-wet the cube, unless it's a pretty subborn clone taking more than a couple of weeks to root since those cubes retain water really well and it doesn't evaporate under the 100% humidity. :Namaste:
Well I'm pretty sure nothing went right. :cheesygrinsmiley:
The consensus is too much water so I'm going with that. I aired it daily and wiped the old condensate off the lid each time. After a lengthy discussion with myself the plan is to have a better second round. :thumb:
:thanks:

Maybe try putting the rooter and clone into a ziploc, mine that I did that with took quite nice but I still was draining the water out of the corner of bag once a day and then blow on em, your method should work with small tweaks.

Bigger ladies looking amazing

Looking awesome as to be expected from ya Mr.S! Really looking forward to see what they look like budding. Haven’t tried any of these but they sound damn good!
Thanks Roosti. I'm really hoping to see some pink goo man. If not I'll just smoke the crap out of her and call it even.
Maybe try putting the rooter and clone into a ziploc, mine that I did that with took quite nice but I still was draining the water out of the corner of bag once a day and then blow on em, your method should work with small tweaks.

Bigger ladies looking amazing
Well I just got back from tearing apart the LOGK 2 clone that's been slowly getting worse. So there are tiny little white roots coming from her but as you all said the rooter was quite wet. I squeezed it out three times so it should be good. Let's see if it makes a turn around.

Thanks Roosti. I'm really hoping to see some pink goo man. If not I'll just smoke the crap out of her and call it even.

Well I just got back from tearing apart the LOGK 2 clone that's been slowly getting worse. So there are tiny little white roots coming from her but as you all said the rooter was quite wet. I squeezed it out three times so it should be good. Let's see if it makes a turn around.
Ooooh. It will! If even one roots it's a win, yes? I think you may have that already, but squeezing out that rooter is gonna get two. Sometimes you need to shock them a bit, right? :hug:

Back
Top Bottom