OK so here's the rundown on the clones. Both Pinkman Goo's came out easily when lightly pulled. If I was to guess they were not deep enough in the rooter. The LOGK's seem to be OK right now. So here's the pics and let me know your thoughts.

:thanks:

The PG appears to be damping off. I would cut them just above the brown, and try them again.
Thanks Celt!
I'll just toss those two and take two new clippings. I'd rather start fresh instead of mucking around. As long as I know what went wrong then I can make the adjustments.

That usually happens right at the “soil line”. What have you been using for cloning gel/powder of any, save me going back to look?

Roottech cloning gel. I may not have added enough. They were kind of spindly too so I think it was more susceptible to damping off. Both Goos did it and the other two taller thicker ones worked fine, or appear to have.

Try to make sure the gel coats to a point above the “soil line” it’ll help stave of the fungus that causes damping off. Wouldn’t hurt to soak those used plugs in some peroxide, alcohol or weak bleach mix as well to kill any spores that might be present, just rinse them thoroughly before using them though if using alcohol or bleach.

Try to make sure the gel coats to a point above the “soil line” it’ll help stave of the fungus that causes damping off. Wouldn’t hurt to soak those used plugs in some peroxide, alcohol or weak bleach mix as well to kill any spores that might be present, just rinse them thoroughly before using them though if using alcohol or bleach.
OK, I didn't know I could reuse them, so they went to the bin. I'll keep that in mind for the future! Looking back I may have only put the gel as high as the node I cut under. I'll make sure this time it goes higher up past the soil line.

I got to a point where when I cut the stem at 45 (if its thick enough) I kind of stabbed the cutting into the root plug, because sometimes it’s just not making enough contact down there. Do the the tug test right then and they will pick up the plug, then you know it’s in the right place ;)

I got to a point where when I cut the stem at 45 (if its thick enough) I kind of stabbed the cutting into the root plug, because sometimes it’s just not making enough contact down there. Do the the tug test right then and they will pick up the plug, then you know it’s in the right place ;)
That could be. I did make sure they were in good and backfilled them with sponge too. When I tugged today they just didn't seem like they were deep enough.
Looks like you might’ve tugged too hard on your tug test Mr. S. Good thing you practiced on the clones first. :cheesygrinsmiley:
One would think a grown man would have the tug test mastered by now :hmmmm:

Oh brother. :rolleyes:
I'd never risk going blind. My mother warned me what would happen.

Sorry I missed it
In a nutshell, the guy who runs a certain country stated he called home to his wife Melon and said how disappointed he was that he couldn't visit a certain cemetery of war heroes. The thing was Ms Melon was on the same trip at the time with this guy and not actually at home. :)
I hope I didn't give away the country as I like to stay out of politics.

getting the tug test done! I never have the nerve to do that until the cutting looks like its dead.
Well they looked like they were still alive on top, but you can see the roots never took off. The Pgoo #1 looked like it was trying to start roots out the top of the node but growing up instead of down. There was no resistance whatsoever. The LOGK # 2 definitely had resistance when tugged but I am unsure if that's from the roots or the depth it was started at.

Hey MrS. Nice cloning update. :goodjob:
I’ve obviously never cloned and barely grow...but they looked awful wet to me. If they need to be kept that moist is it possible to just clone in water? Also, is H2O2 used at all in cloning? :thanks:
I'll let other more experienced cloners answer you on that Boo. I can tell you that they were only watered once or twice with a dropper. The moisture could have absorbed into the sponge from the humidity but they were never saturated to the point if I squeezed them they oozed water.I do know some that start and finish in water so yes of course that method is possible. I understand it takes more time but I'm still grasping a lot of the little things too.

Back
Top Bottom