Mama always told me I'd go blind... :rofl:
2D235983-AAE3-444E-98C6-653695520981.jpeg

Gonna have to try a different excuse :rofl:

Hi Dragoond,
I'm no bug expert but you mentioned they are not on the plant so that would eliminate most harmful mites. The fact they are on the top of the soil leads me to believe they may be beneficial little buggers. But you never know. You can spread some diatomaceous earth on the top of the soil when dry and that may chew up the ones running around.
There does seem to be a shit load of 'em.

Afternoon MrS hope you’re having a safe and enjoyable stoned weekend. :passitleft:
Thanks Roosti. It's been busy but good. I hope yours was just as good!
Really beautiful plants Sauga!
Hi Rick and thank you! These have been a pleasure to run so far. A grower's dream. :)
Have a great day.
:passitleft:

Bummer the clones are taking there time. I agree with everyone who said too wet. You do want them moist but not over saturated to the point of when you handle or lightly squeeze water drips out of them. You will get it dialed in soon enough. Have a great Labor Day MrS

Bummer the clones are taking there time. I agree with everyone who said too wet. You do want them moist but not over saturated to the point of when you handle or lightly squeeze water drips out of them. You will get it dialed in soon enough. Have a great Labor Day MrS
Hiya shotta!
Yup, they fooled me. They didn't seem to be overwatered but they definitely were. So round two will begin soon!
:thanks:
Have a great day!

Thanks for taking a look anyways man. You the best :thumb::thanks:
I tried look them up but there are so many different types.
It's still early. Let some others take a look and see what they say. More eyes, more advice.

Those Weedseedsexpress plants are looking mighty fine! :thumb:

Hey everybody!
So I ordered some Agar Agar and it arrived today giving me a chance to do a test to see how well it works as a wetting agent. I know I have a hard time getting the water in my pots and I have a feeling this will help. I decided to try it out myself so I've put together the steps I took to do this.

First I boiled a cup of hot water and added a bit to 1 tsp of Agar Agar powder to see how thick I can expect it to get.
The recipe calls for 250mL of prepared paste to 4.5L of water which covers 4 sq metres. The fabric pots I use are 2.5 sq metres x 4 giving a total of 10 sq metres of mixture required.
So I need to make 625mL paste to 11.25L of water distributed amongst the four pots. For simplicity sake I rounded off to 600mL in 11L of water.
I made three quick paste batches, each with 200mL of boiling water and 28g of Agar Agar powder to reach the right consistency. I blended all three together and added that to the 11L bucket of water.

It is readily biodegradable, lasting for up to three weeks. Not a long time considering commercial wetting agents added to new media can last up to nine months. But for science and the sake of just being bored I decided to try it out.

I'll post my results in a few days on how well it worked.

:Rasta:

How big are your pots MrS :oops: 2.5sqm surface area means they’d be 6 foot acrosso_O
No I'm calculating the whole area, so 3.14xLXD. I'm going to mix the nutes into that mixture which will saturate the whole pot, not just the top. I'm going to do one pot for now.

Ah ok, I was think WOW, them’s damn big pots :rofl:
lol, ya I should have clarified that. I tried to cover any loose ends but missed that one obviously.
My thinking was wetting agents are mixed throughout when you start off new. If I added enough to cover the surface(I think it was .23sq m) then it was very little water and I honestly said to myself that ain't gonna work.
However I may do a side by side now and see if there is a difference between the wetting agent being applied throughout or just on the surface.

Hadn’t realized earlier, must have missed it, that you were looking for a wetting agent. Always having been organic myself, other than this years trying of MC, I had looked into organic wetting agents for my soils.

If you grow Aloe (burn plant) the juices of it are are natural wetting agent and also contain auxins meaning it is good for a rooting compound.

Back
Top Bottom