The other thing, if you reuse your soils, next time you amend them, throw in a couple cups of soaked alfalfa pellets per gallon soil. Once mixed in and “cooked” for a few weeks, it is a great food source for the microbes and also seems to improve the wettablity of the soil. Even old soil that has dried out, wets up easily.

Hadn’t realized earlier, must have missed it, that you were looking for a wetting agent. Always having been organic myself, other than this years trying of MC, I had looked into organic wetting agents for my soils.

If you grow Aloe (burn plant) the juices of it are are natural wetting agent and also contain auxins meaning it is good for a rooting compound.
The other thing, if you reuse your soils, next time you amend them, throw in a couple cups of soaked alfalfa pellets per gallon soil. Once mixed in and “cooked” for a few weeks, it is a great food source for the microbes and also seems to improve the wettablity of the soil. Even old soil that has dried out, wets up easily.
No problem. I needed something to do today anyhow. :) Aloe I have none of and I can easily look into the alfalfa pellets when needed so thanks for both those suggestions.
I've only just been understanding the wetting agent part of things so now that I do know more I can and will amend future soils accordingly.

Mr.S I have for many years used vermiculite for clones it seems to hold the right amount of moisture. I have a high success rate with it.
Thanks smokey. I'm not one to give up on a method until I have succeeded and I have 20 bux of rooters invested. So I have to give it another shot the same way but with the changes that have been brought to my attention. I'll be playing with other methods down the road but I'm really not a clone guy. I like the seeds!
Those Weedseedsexpress plants are looking mighty fine! :thumb:
Thanks Beez! I hope you're doing well.

Sorry for not going back and trying to figure it out but, when you say day 10 flowering. Is that day 10 after flip with no pre-flowers?

Sorry for not going back and trying to figure it out but, when you say day 10 flowering. Is that day 10 after flip with no pre-flowers?
Hi Dusted,
yes I calculate from the day I flip. I can't be bothered checking everyday for what may be a pistil and then call that day 1.
Those girls have some nice form MrS :)
Thanks Celt. The Pgoo's have some crazy stretch going on and # 1 has caught up in height with the LOGK's which is perfect.

yes I calculate from the day I flip. I can't be bothered checking everyday for what may be a pistil and then call that day 1.
I do the same thing, but call it "Day #X of 12/12" since flowering typically starts about a 5-10 days, or so, into 12/12 ;)

Pretty plants, MrS. The goo is starting to give me goos(e) bumps. :Rasta:

Plants are looking just about perfect, Mr.S.- they're a photogenic bunch!

They look very healthy Mr.S I can't wait to see that pink goo!
Thanks Smokey... no visits to the leaf doctor yet. I hope it stays that way.
I love this picture!!!!
Thank you. It has an autumn feel to it and I could easily see it sitting in my man cave when I get one.
Pretty plants, MrS. The goo is starting to give me goos(e) bumps. :Rasta:
Very goo(d) GDB and thanks much!!
How are the tops on the topped vs. the tops on the trained? Are you seeing a major difference between them?
It's really hard to say. The LST's were taller from the get go when I flipped. Both training methods have several bud sites but not one stood out as the wow factor for having more than any other.
It's possible that more secondary shoots are making a better attempt at reaching the canopy on the LST's but it's really hard to say. Since both both Goos were quadded and the LOGKs were LST'd it's not apples for apples anymore.
The plants were at different heights when they went to 12/12 ;) and the BeezerChart below shows how fast the Goo's have grown over the LOGKs.
What I did find is that the trunk sizes on the LST's are noticeably thicker.
1599696134880.png

Plants are looking just about perfect, Mr.S.- they're a photogenic bunch!
Thanks carcass! They like getting attention that's for sure... or I like giving it to them which is probably more realistic.

Back
Top Bottom