Yes. Yes you do. I believe it's even written on the bag!

"Step 2: Dissolve into water and feed plants normally every watering"
L O L L I N G !

Omg you are not going to believe this!

I have literally never even looked at the bag except to look at the old man! I am that person!

Me: OMG this >insert product I have never used before here< is broken/faulty. It doesn’t work!
You: did you read the directions?
Me: No, I’m allergic. Can you do it for me?

I can easily point you to the one that @Derbybud built since I posted the tutorial for him.

I'll have to poke around to see if MrS did an actual write-up on his...
@Brett Blaze just built one for coco in his WSE GSC comparative grow and got it dialed in. I’m considering for soil late in the grow. It’s pretty cool.

Yeah that’s prolly coz you didn’t .LOLLLINGGGG

Life has taught me to always have a plan, a back up plan and a back up back up plan.

No offence but... you are my back up plan.:laughtwo::laughtwo::laughtwo:

Sorry for any confusion :)

Don't be sorry. I confuse easily myself. If you have nutes that you want to use then let us know. I'm sure we can tell you how much to use.

VG's advice was good advice. It's really not hard. Eating bananas is more difficult. But seriously, you want to see a nice warm shade of green. None of that sissy yellowish green that makes us gag. If you see it going that route you add more MC, by at least a 1/2 gram per 4L of water.

Hey mr sauga, didn’t you set up one of those cannabis irrigation systems? Can you (or @InTheShed ) point me back to that tutorial?

and what have you found to be the watering rhythm through flower?
Some helpful links in the previous posts as well. :thanks:

So I ended up using the Floraflex system with matrix tops and a center ring to distribute the water. I have an 8 hd manifold, two hoses to each center ring come from the manifold to four plants. I have a 120L res, standup type, that can only take 50L. Any more than that and the head pressure pushes the water right past the pump, into the plants, then into the catch pans, and then onto the tent floor. That had me scratching my head for a day or two until I realized what was happening. The water level has to be lower than the top of the media.
That's the framework.

The timer is a dual timer, mode A mixes my nutes, and mode B sends the nutes to the plants. The mixing comes on 30 minutes prior to feeding. The feeding is 3 minutes on, three times a day. Gallons, or liters per minute I have no idea. But I will calculate it one day, I'm sure :). The manifold also has different inserts to control the flow rate.

I used plastic pots, designed to hold the matrix tops snuggly. They worked well but are not designed well for plant training. They are narrow, so unless you become creative your limited to what you can do. This created one of the larffiest plants I have had. A real waste.

It saved me a lot of time by only mixing nutes weekly, that was the biggest benefit. The plants didn't mind not having a wet/dry cycle. For the most part they were heavy to lift everyday.

It's a great system if you go out of town frequently, or infrequently. But to use it all the time, I personally feel it will take away from your yields, due to the lack of training. For now, until I try the system with my fabric pots, I will go back to watering by hand, and hook up the auto system when travelling.

Is it not feasible to run that system with 5 gallon fabric pots? Or 7 gallon fabric?
I'm sure it is Chef. It's something I will be trying. The matrix tops would sit atop of the soil, so there's the question of how well it leaches through. When it's above the soil, the matrix tops drip the water onto the soil. It's possible the water will just pool on top if the wicking action isn't strong enough.

Hi MrS long time no talk, just stopping in here how have you been?

Some helpful links in the previous posts as well. :thanks:

So I ended up using the Floraflex system with matrix tops and a center ring to distribute the water. I have an 8 hd manifold, two hoses to each center ring come from the manifold to four plants. I have a 120L res, standup type, that can only take 50L. Any more than that and the head pressure pushes the water right past the pump, into the plants, then into the catch pans, and then onto the tent floor. That had me scratching my head for a day or two until I realized what was happening. The water level has to be lower than the top of the media.
That's the framework.

The timer is a dual timer, mode A mixes my nutes, and mode B sends the nutes to the plants. The mixing comes on 30 minutes prior to feeding. The feeding is 3 minutes on, three times a day. Gallons, or liters per minute I have no idea. But I will calculate it one day, I'm sure :). The manifold also has different inserts to control the flow rate.

I used plastic pots, designed to hold the matrix tops snuggly. They worked well but are not designed well for plant training. They are narrow, so unless you become creative your limited to what you can do. This created one of the larffiest plants I have had. A real waste.

It saved me a lot of time by only mixing nutes weekly, that was the biggest benefit. The plants didn't mind not having a wet/dry cycle. For the most part they were heavy to lift everyday.

It's a great system if you go out of town frequently, or infrequently. But to use it all the time, I personally feel it will take away from your yields, due to the lack of training. For now, until I try the system with my fabric pots, I will go back to watering by hand, and hook up the auto system when travelling.
I may switch to the Floraflex so I can adjust the flow more accurately. I actually have one here I haven't used. Right now I have an 8 gallon reservoir with a small pump and air stone. This pumps through a 1/2 plastic tubing to a Tee with a ball valve for each plant. The ball valves I am using are not accurate enough to get even watering which is why I am looking to change. This morning one plant produced twice as much runoff as the other.

Hi MrS long time no talk, just stopping in here how have you been?
Hiya Dee! Great to see you around! Things are good. Busy, but good. Thanks for asking. How you been keeping?
Mulch the pots that’s probably the key. Wood chip mulch or even straw. Should help distribute the water a bit
That may very well be Chef. Something to try if it doesn't work just sitting on top. :thanks:
I may switch to the Floraflex so I can adjust the flow more accurately. I actually have one here I haven't used. Right now I have an 8 gallon reservoir with a small pump and air stone. This pumps through a 1/2 plastic tubing to a Tee with a ball valve for each plant. The ball valves I am using are not accurate enough to get even watering which is why I am looking to change. This morning one plant produced twice as much runoff as the other.
I never actually installed valves to each plant. It worked out that they pretty much used the same amount. I didn't run the feed pump to runoff either. Only because I didn't want to empty the catch pans :). What I did do though when a plant was heavier than the others was just clip small piece of hose and loop it between the fittings that would normally go to that plant. Same idea, just a little more effort.

As long as you can discern varying shades of green, you will never need to learn about nitrates or PPM, though with the Delta variant PPE might come in handy.

As I mentioned, this is a very good (and simple) explanation from VG:

If you can't think gallons, think 4L. They're interchangeable.
Oh yea that post from VG is screenshot material!!! NTH creeping around researching! Sponging up that knowledge. Thanks to all!!

NTH

Don't be sorry. I confuse easily myself. If you have nutes that you want to use then let us know. I'm sure we can tell you how much to use.

VG's advice was good advice. It's really not hard. Eating bananas is more difficult. But seriously, you want to see a nice warm shade of green. None of that sissy yellowish green that makes us gag. If you see it going that route you add more MC, by at least a 1/2 gram per 4L of water.
Good morning :)

Well I am sorry just the same :)

MrS I do have another nute it’s called Gro Storm. I have a couple more but they are for flower so I won’t jump myself ahead.

I‘ll prolly get in trouble for posting a link. I always seem to be somewhat in the shit in this place. It’s just the depth that varies ;)

The bloke who recommended Sega Zrop *taps nose* said it could be used with. It’s nearly a full bottle, like 3/4 and I don’t want to waste it. Can I use it as well?

Oh and I did my chart yesterday and noticed the 2,25g/2L is for pre flower. Could you give me an exact week. And I was going to flower on Sunday. Should I extend this by one week to give the 2.25g in preparation for the 2.5G/2L flower dose?

Hmmm maybe I should get you pics first.

I am determined to lay in. I’ll get some pics for you later.

I‘ll prolly get in trouble for posting a link.
As you should! It clearly violates the rule against posting links to non-sponsor product website. Just tell us the brand and we can look it up (if we care). Otherwise you boost a non-sponsored website in Google standings.

If it were a product for which there are no sponsors, like a brand of soil, you would be okay.
2,25g/2L is for pre flower. Could you give me an exact week.
2.25g/2L is 4.5g/gallon, and that's where most folks stay until they flip. What week is that? Who knows, I don't!

After flip you would be moving to 2.5g/2L and then climbing to 2.75g/2L later in flower. Watch your lower leaves...they tell the story.

As you should! It clearly violates the rule against posting links to non-sponsor product website. Just tell us the brand and we can look it up (if we care). Otherwise you boost a non-sponsored website in Google standings.

If it were a product for which there are no sponsors, like a brand of soil, you would be okay.

2.25g/2L is 4.5g/gallon, and that's where most folks stay until they flip. What week is that? Who knows, I don't!

After flip you would be moving to 2.5g/2L and then climbing to 2.75g/2L later in flower. Watch your lower leaves...they tell the story.
Omg, ok, calm your farm.

I took it out.

Back
Top Bottom