Sorry for my tardiness Trala!
*cursy*

Thanks GDB, and Shed for helping out. Two great guys Trala, that know how to grow. They are good to cling on to.

Is that what a monstercropping looks like theses days? The TD is a tough one to peg. Hard to put an amount of MC on her since it's hard to determine a growth rate. Start at 2g/4L of water with her until we can see what she does. You'll be looking for color changes. If it gets lighter in color then we'll need to bump it up a bit.

So far so good. It is in some form. :high-five:

These are doing pretty well, albeit a little light in color, so I'd be starting them off at 3.5g/4L of water for now. Let's see if they darken up a bit before adjusting. You should know within a few days after feeding.

The link Shed sent above is something you need to get familiar with. It does all the work for you. Spend a few minutes understanding the basics and we can guide you as needed.
Oiiii! Finally decide to show up aye?

Cursy not accepted.

This is absolutely not what monstercropping looks like. I can’t even deal with how slow she is growing! I’m thinking it’s coz it’s cooler here. I have every faith in her though. Ok will do.

I agree the clones are super light, an unhealthy light actually. And will do.

What do you recommend for my bigger plants? I did 2:2 yesterday and they don’t need feeding again yet. Omg I wish it was just as easy as this much for veg, this much for flower etc. I’m really terrible at working out nutes. I’d just really started to get a feel for my original nutes. Actually no I wasn’t, I was spoon fed measurements each feed coz I couldn’t work it out LOL! I was told MC is easy, so I bought it. Zero research. Zero idea how to use it. I’m such an impulsive dickwad sometimes. And it’s the one fucking nute you‘re not allowed to openly discuss!

Oh and can I make the solution up the day before to save time when I have to work and water?
And do I have to add other stuff?

You should take a look at MC's website where it gives a basic outline of how much to feed at various stages of the plant:
https://greenleafnutrients.com/mega-crop-1-part-calculator/

You can set 1 liter as your water measure so there won't be any gallon-to-liter conversions. That would be the basic guide to use if you don't want to read your plant's leaves and just go by how old they are. The older they are the more they eat!

Their maximum number is a bit higher than most here recommend unless you have a very very hungry plant in late flower.
Thank you very much :)

I hope I can work it out.

Im defs not the brightest star in the sky when it comes to learning new things, particularly when they involve numbers.

I really appreciate that link, Shed.

:)

OMGGGGG

I don’t understand anything that link says! I can’t even keep my focus it’s all so gobbly goop omg I don’t even know how to explain.

WTF is PPM? Boosting Nitrogen? Omg it’s so hard to understand.

I’m fucking never going to be able to work this out.

:( :( :(

OMGGGGG

I don’t understand anything that link says! I can’t even keep my focus it’s all so gobbly goop omg I don’t even know how to explain.

WTF is PPM? Boosting Nitrogen? Omg it’s so hard to understand.

I’m fucking never going to be able to work this out.

:( :( :(
PPM is parts per million. You shouldn't have to worry about that unless you have very funky source water.
You will be measuring by weight.

I start with my sprouts. I feed them 1 gr/gallon of MC as soon as they are above ground.
I use Pro Mix, devoid of nutrients so I fed right away but even if you are using a heavier mineralized soil the initial feedings of 1 gr/gallon are very mild so it shouldn't harm your sprouts.
I increase to 1.5-2 gr/gallon when they get a few more nodes. At week three I'm generally giving between 2.5-3.5 gr/gal.
By the time they are a month old I'm usually at 3.5-4.5 gr/gal. This will depend upon how hungry the strain I'm growing is.
I base my feedings on the color of the plant. I will increase when the lowers yellow or the plant is starting to show a deficiency. I won't go over 5.5 unless I really feel that the plant can take it.

I noticed that I had some yellow leaves last night so I will bump up the MC by .5 gr/gallon for the next feeding and watch for improvement.
General health of the plant is what you are basing your feedings on.
If the plant is too dark green you'll want to back off the amount a bit. Too light colored,yellowing leaves?? Bump up by .5 gr.

There are enough MC users around here that you should be able find assistance if needed. I'm pretty sure that you have the same version of MC that I have. Mine is only a few months old.

If you have any points that you need clarified, let us know. Otherwise try to find other MC growers that can have your back if ol' Saugs isn't around?

can you measure based on teaspoons and litres please? I have a measuring spoon and I water using 2L milk containers.
I'll try to simplify Sauga's recommendations for you.
The TD is a tough one to peg. Hard to put an amount of MC on her since it's hard to determine a growth rate. Start at 2g/4L of water with her until we can see what she does.
You only have a 2L bottle so you need half of what Sauga is recommending, so 1 gram of MC. Use a rounded 1/4 tsp in your 2L bottle of water. ( a leveled 1/4 tsp of MC weighs approx .8 grams)
These are doing pretty well, albeit a little light in color, so I'd be starting them off at 3.5g/4L of water for now.
Again, you want to use half of the 3.5g that MrS is recommending (1.75 g), so use 1/2 tsp in your 2L bottle of water. (a leveled 1/2 tsp weighs approx 1.6 grams).

What do you recommend for my bigger plants?
Those can take 2g/2L of water. Before you flip they should be at 2.25/2l of water. You want to be riding
2.25/2l during late veg, and then bump up to 2.5g/2l when you change your light schedule.

And it’s the one fucking nute you‘re not allowed to openly discuss!
We can discuss it, we just shouldn't be recommending it or extolling its virtues (not that that happens much any more...live and learn!).
Oh and can I make the solution up the day before to save time when I have to work and water?
Yes. I mix up 3 gallons at a time and then use it up over the course of a week. Good idea to shake it before pouring though, like orange juice!

PPM is parts per million. You shouldn't have to worry about that unless you have very funky source water.
You will be measuring by weight.

I start with my sprouts. I feed them 1 gr/gallon of MC as soon as they are above ground.
I use Pro Mix, devoid of nutrients so I fed right away but even if you are using a heavier mineralized soil the initial feedings of 1 gr/gallon are very mild so it shouldn't harm your sprouts.
I increase to 1.5-2 gr/gallon when they get a few more nodes. At week three I'm generally giving between 2.5-3.5 gr/gal.
By the time they are a month old I'm usually at 3.5-4.5 gr/gal. This will depend upon how hungry the strain I'm growing is.
I base my feedings on the color of the plant. I will increase when the lowers yellow or the plant is starting to show a deficiency. I won't go over 5.5 unless I really feel that the plant can take it.

I noticed that I had some yellow leaves last night so I will bump up the MC by .5 gr/gallon for the next feeding and watch for improvement.
If the plant is too dark green you'll want to back off the amount a bit. Too light colored,yellowing leaves?? Bump up by .5 gr.

There are enough MC users around here that you should be able find assistance if needed. I'm pretty sure that you have the same version of MC that I have. Mine is only a few months old.

If you have any points that you need clarified, let us know. Otherwise try to find other MC growers that can have your back if ol' Saugs isn't around?
Thank you for taking the time to explain, I really appreciate it.

I have a day off tomorrow. I might write up a bit of a guide. Where I go wrong is I forget the ratio that was given to me, I don’t want to keep asking the same “what is my mix ratio again” question. I get too lazy to search back then I add lib and just start squirting shit. I was putting a product called BAM - Buds a Million on my seedlings then wondering why they look faaaaked.

My plants look so nice at the moment after a really shaky start. I’m just scared with a new product I will hurt them.

I'll try to simplify Sauga's recommendations for you.

You only have a 2L bottle so you need half of what Sauga is recommending, so 1 gram of MC. Use a rounded 1/4 tsp in your 2L bottle of water. ( a leveled 1/4 tsp of MC weighs approx .8 grams)

Again, you want to use half of the 3.5g that MrS is recommending (1.75 g), so use 1/2 tsp in your 2L bottle of water. (a leveled 1/2 tsp weighs approx 1.6 grams).
Thank you.

I have my weigh scales, so I can do it in grams.

:)

Those can take 2g/2L of water. Before you flip they should be at 2.25/2l of water. You want to be riding
2.25/2l during late veg, and then bump up to 2.5g/2l when you change your light schedule.
Faaaaaaaaaaaak!

Omg my adviser! Get Wega Crop he said. It will be easy he said! Then he disappears!

I can be a tad tanty throwing tramatic, I decided last night I’m going to bin it and go back and buy the nutes I have been using from hydro dude. New day new perspective. I will make a Mally Cally nute chart from seeds/clones to adult and step by step it. I’m not going to worry until they look sick. Then if they do, I have you guys for advice.

I just get worried I’ll run out, I have enough bud for the guy I grow for to last 15 weeks. I worry I’ll run out and he will have to spend his hard earned money on it.

Thanks Mr S and sorry I get so ugggh

We can discuss it, we just shouldn't be recommending it or extolling its virtues (not that that happens much any more...live and learn!).

Yes. I mix up 3 gallons at a time and then use it up over the course of a week. Good idea to shake it before pouring though, like orange juice!
I won’t. Don’t worry :)

Oh great that saves me time on work days.

Thanks for your help too.

Omg my adviser! Get Wega Crop he said. It will be easy he said! Then he disappears!
And when MrS isn't here, we all pick up the slack. What could be better than that?
I will make a nute chart from seeds/clones to adult and step by step it. I’m not going to worry until they look sick. Then if they do, I have you guys for advice.
If you can make a nute chart for your old nutes you can make one for MC. Just take what VG said above and put it into a chart, and follow that from cradle to harvest.

And when MrS isn't here, we all pick up the slack. What could be better than that?

If you can make a nute chart for your old nutes you can make one for MC. Just take what VG said above and put it into a chart, and follow that from cradle to harvest.
See I never made one for my old nutes. I had a friend who would advise me.

I will.

We are in lockdown so I’ll get my felt pens out and make one

OMG I GOTAA GO TO WORKKKKKKK

Hmmm, I'm pretty sure i never told you to switch nute lines. I think I was brought in when you said you were going to use them. Someone mentioned I knew the stuff pretty good

Nonetheless, post pics here anytime and someone will he sure to help out.

Thanks for helping out everyone!

Hey mr sauga, didn’t you set up one of those cannabis irrigation systems? Can you (or @InTheShed ) point me back to that tutorial?

and what have you found to be the watering rhythm through flower?

Hey mr sauga, didn’t you set up one of those cannabis irrigation systems? Can you (or @InTheShed ) point me back to that tutorial?
I can easily point you to the one that @Derbybud built since I posted the tutorial for him.

I'll have to poke around to see if MrS did an actual write-up on his...

I did, but I don't think I had a tutorial. There are pros and cons to the system, so I'll try and elaborate later this evening.

Hmmm, I'm pretty sure i never told you to switch nute lines. I think I was brought in when you said you were going to use them. Someone mentioned I knew the stuff pretty good

Nonetheless, post pics here anytime and someone will he sure to help out.

Thanks for helping out everyone!
Yeah that’s prolly coz you didn’t .LOLLLINGGGG

And FYI from what I’ve seen while you are defs tardy, you haven’t disappeared ;)

When I first joined I was somehow blessed with a Nutes Whisperer. He’s like a science type and would advise me on my stupid nutes, and how much to add coz I bought 100 products I didn’t really need. I was coming to the end of them and he said Sega Wrop would be the best for me coz it’s easy, you could train a chimp to use it, so I bought it. Before I even opened the bag he grew sick of my neediness and stopped logging in and dumped me! I know! So rude! It’s been hard to accept that I am A) dumpable and B) Idumber than a chimp, but there you have it.

Life has taught me to always have a plan, a back up plan and a back up back up plan.

No offence but... you are my back up plan.:laughtwo::laughtwo::laughtwo:

I’m actually going to get jiggy with it and take a bit of responsibility and try and retain the things I’ve learned. I’m getting a handle on this grow thing. I’m seriously going to make a chart today, research (I fucking hate researching nutes sooooo much. I just find all this PPE BMM nitrate pH stuff so boring I genuinely find it hard to concentrate long enough to read it let alone retain it) and I’m just going to follow the help I’ve had here.

My plants look ok, they are a good green. I’m not going to panic till I need to. And I have advice here.

Sorry for any confusion :)

I just find all this PPE BMM nitrate pH stuff so boring I genuinely find it hard to concentrate long enough to read it let alone retain it)
As long as you can discern varying shades of green, you will never need to learn about nitrates or PPM, though with the Delta variant PPE might come in handy.

As I mentioned, this is a very good (and simple) explanation from VG:

If the plant is too dark green you'll want to back off the amount a bit. Too light colored,yellowing leaves?? Bump up by 0.5 gr/gallon.
If you can't think gallons, think 4L. They're interchangeable.

As long as you can discern varying shades of green, you will never need to learn about nitrates or PPM, though with the Delta variant PPE might come in handy.

As I mentioned, this is a very good (and simple) explanation from VG:

If you can't think gallons, think 4L. They're interchangeable.
I don’t think I can. Like I know the difference between anaemic green and healthy, but I was really looking at them both yesterday and each has a very different shade of green. I was wondering at the time if this is normal.

OMG don’t talk to me about PPE, honestly we have to gown up like space men in hospital atm. My state is in lockdown.

I agree, she broke it down like a boss. I’m going to base my chart on that. I have a memory like a sieve and where I go wrong is rather than checking I think I know ratios and I don’t.

Thanks for your help Shed, I really do appreciate it.

Look I know I said I was going to research MC but chances are I won’t lollll help a sista out, I’ve prolly been told but I’ve forgotten, do I use it every single water?

Back
Top Bottom