Hopefully this is ok to randomly throw a question out there, I dont think it's been asked before but has anyone ever tried topping an auto twice? My strawberry caugh 5th node was cut and now there is significant growth for a potential side branch top because I see no sign of flowering, thoughts????

20210403_090139.jpg

20210403_090110.jpg
I topped a auto I didn't know was a auto at least three times, was one of the biggest plants I ever grew. I also rooted the tops and while nothing like their mom, they grew pretty big themselves!

My strawberry caugh 5th node was cut and now there is significant growth for a potential side branch top because I see no sign of flowering, thoughts????
No problem posting questions here. I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to say though. Did the 5th node get accidentally cut? I'm trying to understand what you mean by the pics.

Instead of topping, can you do some LST to bring the apical stem(s) down? If that's the issue.

Whew beautiful splitting Mr. S...I can get lots of tops but mine get tall lanky and flop like dirk after a full day of work. Is that like topping every next node? I'd love to see that plant's stem structure! CHeers mate pro farming!
Welcome Pbass! :ciao:

I only topped once. The rest was supercropping. I'll post pics of the root ball and the structure when done. The stems are fat and strong, but even at that they want to fall over now.

You can try some silica in your grow, from about 3 weeks on, to build up the stem cell walls. This should help with those floppy guys we try and avoid.

No problem posting questions here. I'm not sure I understand what you are trying to say though. Did the 5th node get accidentally cut? I'm trying to understand what you mean by the pics.

Instead of topping, can you do some LST to bring the apical stem(s) down? If that's the issue.
No I topped the plant at the 5th node like normal a couple of days ago and the pic is one of the side branches that has the potential to top before flowering, and I can definitely do some lst which I plan to do

I've always looked forward to your banter with MR. S...and well everyone

I think many here do.

BTW- :ciao: @Trala @MrSauga and everyone else, hope you all have a happy Easter

Happy Easter to you as well Rex! :thanks:
No I topped the plant at the 5th node like normal a couple of days ago and the pic is one of the side branches that has the potential to top before flowering, and I can definitely do some last which I plan to
There's different schools of thought in it. Mine is if a plant is growing strong, and is under 21 days, then I'll top. If not I leave it be to not slow its growth.
Personally I would let it grow a bit then supercrop it instead. You could top, but that's like throwing away your money ;).

Happy Easter to you as well Rex! :thanks:

There's different schools of thought in it. Mine is if a plant is growing strong, and is under 21 days, then I'll top. If not I leave it be to not slow its growth.
Personally I would let it grow a bit then supercrop it instead. You could top, but that's like throwing away your money ;).
But it's also a sense of adventure and in these times of covid with all the shutdowns where's the excitement? I also have a bunch of stock and doing this this for more of a hobby, lol. Going to do her I think, lol

Welcome Pbass! :ciao:

I only topped once. The rest was supercropping. I'll post pics of the root ball and the structure when done. The stems are fat and strong, but even at that they want to fall over now.

You can try some silica in your grow, from about 3 weeks on, to build up the stem cell walls. This should help with those floppy guys we try and avoid.
Wow one top to get that structure, amazing! I used supercrop alot. Why did I stop? It was pretty random though, I imagine great focus is needed to get your results. My growing patters are still like a rollercoaster. Maybe I could focus better if I didn't have so much weed to smoke all the time...oop..well, ok I guess no focus for me! ;)

It was pretty random though, I imagine great focus is needed to get your results.
She was a clone, so she never really had the plant structure you would expect from a seedling. The cropping was only done as the runners were getting away. I then bent them into an open space which opened up the inner growth to the light. Cropping down the top part of the plant allows the plant to focus it's energy on the lower surrounding growth.

Maybe I could focus better if I didn't have so much weed to smoke all the time...oop..well, ok I guess no focus for me!
lol, things are usually 'out of focus' for me too, but I try me best :). :passitleft:

Did a more of a fim to two side branches, we'll see what happens..
It's OK to blame your spouse if it doesn't work, as long as you buy dinner. I think you'll be just fine AJ. Looks nice and healthy. I'll be watching to see what kind of results you get.

It's OK to blame your spouse if it doesn't work, as long as you buy dinner. I think you'll be just fine AJ. Looks nice and healthy. I'll be watching to see what kind of results you get.
I'll admit this one is all me, and awaiting the leaves to die off too like usual, there's no blame game, just a resentment that I dont get to smoke as much because I work away from home so much. but honestly with the shit shes had on her plate this past year with covid and kids being home , it has been hard

So quick question Mr. S mega crop is feed until harvest right. So will there be a fade or would I have to back the down the amount feed to get a fade.
What type of fade are you talking about? I do feed right up until harvest. Eventually the plant stops taking up nutrients and your plant will fade in color. Your plants should stay relatively green for the most part. There will be a natural fade at one point though without having to change your schedule.

I just know most growers do a flush that make the plant fade all kinds of colors (depending on strain/genetics). So I was wondering about that with mega crop is all. Got to get that bag appeal.
Ah, OK then. Flushing doesn't make a plant change color. That's built into the DNA of the strain. A good example is the Dark Devil Auto. Whether you flush or not that plant is changing color.

I've heard some run ice cold water though the roots and this apparently brings out the purps. I've never tried, and I don't have enough knowledge on that if it works or not.

Howdy Mr S! :passitleft: Stopping by to get high. Things are lookin pretty green around here. Plant colors are a trip! My Bubba Kush sugar leaves are bluish all around the flower. It's her 2nd time around and she was blue last time as well.
Smile and stay stoneder

My Bubba Kush sugar leaves are bluish all around the flower. It's her 2nd time around and she was blue last time as well.
Smile and stay stoneder
I'll need to check my collection to see if I have that one. Sounds deliciously good Fred! Have a great week. :passitleft:

So did it again not sure where I go wrong maybe whatinh too long before trying to bend or too fast. Cracked the stem again. Other then that I think she is doing fine just wanting a second opinion. She is getting fed .8 ec mega crop only. Well I did give some cal mag on one watering.
Edit: .8 ec mega crop in tap water
20210412_072357.jpg

Back
Top Bottom