The Mega Crop Thread

Going to give up the RO water. MC with my RO water I started at 5.1PH. I was adding 1.5 ml of PH up (soluble potash) 0-0-45. After mixing up the well water batch it leveled out at at 6.5. I can start to see a mag issue starting so I would rather try and drop the RO water before adding more stuff not made by GLN.
This is what I was worried about... but my tap water is so high with crud it’s about 450-550 out of the tap and it leaves white stains in my buckets... really harsh water and it’s tough to grow plants with it but I’ve accomplished it a few times. Lol My plants react so much better to the RO that in my case I think I need to stick it out. All I have on hand is botanicares cal-mag product.. I have concerns with using botanicares formula with GLNs but maybe it will work? Ill prolly be on stand by to purchase GLN’s cal-mag if the need arises. Hopefully it does not though.

This is what I was worried about... but my tap water is so high with crud it’s about 450-550 out of the tap and it leaves white stains in my buckets... really harsh water and it’s tough to grow plants with it but I’ve accomplished it a few times. Lol My plants react so much better to the RO that in my case I think I need to stick it out. All I have on hand is botanicares cal-mag product.. I have concerns with using botanicares formula with GLNs but maybe it will work? Ill prolly be on stand by to purchase GLN’s cal-mag if the need arises. Hopefully it does not though.

You may need the supplemental cal/mag, but perhaps not. The General Hydroponics' CALiMAGic is highly recommended. Under LEDs in coco/perlite, using water from my RO, I found I needed 1ml per 10-15gm Mega Crop at a constant pH of 6.0. It is quite possible that raising the pH to 6.3 would have solved the problem.

Some have found they need more cal/mag, at rate 1ml /gm of Mega Crop. At these levels Dyna-Gro's ProTeKt is used in equal amounts to keep the balance of the primary nutrients (NPK).

These supplements were chosen by our members as they make the minimum modification to Mega Crop.

I’m going to say this knowing I’m going to sound crazy. My RO number is 0ppm my well is 350ppm. Mixed at 6gm-gal I am still within 100ppm of each other. I did this once. I have to mix more tomorrow so I am going to retest whether it’s a fluke.

I am strongly advising against using GLN's cal-mag. It's 13-0-0 and that's a metric shit-ton of nitrogen I don't think anyone using MC will ever need.
I got a bag thinking it’s there product and it will work , boy was I fooled . The girls looked like crap the next morning, dumped the reservoir immediately! It hurt them and cut the solids intake for almost 8 days !

that's a metric shit-ton of nitrogen
I dealt with N toxicity last summer. Listen to Shed on this. Excess N messed up my grow very badly and delayed my first harvest for a very long time. I had to pull them out of flower, trim them waaaay back, and put them back in Veg. I am actually just getting ready to harvest it in the next day or so.

Alright cool, I’m glad I consulted with everyone first. The whole reason I was considering GLN over botanicares is because it had N in it. Lol I assumed GLN would be straight cal-mag.. good lookin out shed. And Oldsalt you said Cali-magic is recommended I’ll look into it, is that a formula of cal-mag with zero nitrogen? That’s what I’m looking for. It’s only been a couple days but the plants are liking the MC so far and so am I. Thanks for the advice everyone.

Alright cool, I’m glad I consulted with everyone first. The whole reason I was considering GLN over botanicares is because it had N in it. Lol I assumed GLN would be straight cal-mag.. good lookin out shed. And Oldsalt you said Cali-magic is recommended I’ll look into it, is that a formula of cal-mag with zero nitrogen? That’s what I’m looking for. It’s only been a couple days but the plants are liking the MC so far and so am I. Thanks for the advice everyone.
Calimagic is 1-0-0

Calimagic is 1-0-0

... and the Dyna-Gro ProTeKt is 0-0-3.

... and the Dyna-Gro ProTeKt is 0-0-3.

...or make your own Pro-Tekt clone (aka Faux-Tekt®) for a third of the cost. See the link in my signature.

I'm glad I started in on this thread. I ordered some Megacrop a couple of days ago for my hempy project. I have LED's and use RO water. Ill probably keep some ProTekt on hand. Thanks for the heads up folks!

Watch your pH carefully. ProTeKt will push it up when initially mixing, and try to push it up over the first day or so. It won't take a ton of pH down, but it will take some. (Takes me about 1/2ml/gal to get down 2 full points from mid-upper 7's to mid-upper 5's.)

It's not a bad thing, just something to be aware of if you don't have a constant reservoir monitoring setup.

I'm glad I started in on this thread. I ordered some Megacrop a couple of days ago for my hempy project. I have LED's and use RO water. Ill probably keep some ProTekt on hand. Thanks for the heads up folks!

in hempy. on MC alone. nothing else is needed. strongly recommend growing with zero additives for at least one grow. the knowledge will be invaluable on later grows.

most of those using additives are rdwc. other media just don't have issues if the grower uses the nute correctly.

Give us this day our daily hempys!

lol that's over here

give us this day our daily hempys
and we shall strive to forgive the transgressions
of those who cannot welcome cannabis

.....amen :bongrip:

hempys a la day. they have decided to keep growing. it amazes me how quick they all turn and run solid for the light after cranking down the ties.

still only have the mains trained, everyone else is wild. have to decide if i should get in for a trim and defol. in know there is other trimming in regular quadlining, but nothing about this training is by the book so far.... :p

the weird tangie has sort of straightened out. kinda forced it to untangle a bit with the restraints and a little judicious topping.

she's still exhibiting all sorts of different genetic oddities.. got it to a point where i can see it producing at least something, so am happy i kept it. really wanted to see what it would do, and super curious what it will look like in flower.

finally got temps settled now that the cold has settled in. unfortunately it dries right up when that happens.

i don't actively correct for rh, and just grow through what i'm given. check the logs lol ... :cheesygrinsmiley:
room's been through a bit... i should pull the battery to zero the logs. looks worse than it is.

stunty is growing along. and still stunty. she threw a major lower side node early that i didn't catch. if i'd caught it early i could have trained to exploit it. i left it thinking i could use it but it just fought for dominance over the main, so snipped.
that didn't help stunty jump up.

there's just a touch of nute tipping starting on some older fans. almost reminds me of where @Emilya likes them.
holding at 6.5g / 4.5L ro. call it 5.5g / gal after conversion. gonna monitor close and may back off a few tenths. they'll probably just grow into it though judging by the tops.

without the labels it's impossible to tell the difference between the other lsd and the northern lights. the NL are a bit bigger though. all are super healthy. have heard the NL are good producers.

that's our daily hempys. thanks for tuning in.. :)

i posted there first.

Tester Mega Crop came in the mail today
07E0BA6B-624C-4FFB-A6CD-61B13D729F69.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom