The Mega Crop Thread

Also yes feeding 1 gallon per plant every other day, the odd time every 3 days if I am really busy. Only get a slight bit of runoff each time.

@InTheShed Yeah I'm seeing that now, they aren't very tall but pretty wide and tons of stalks. I can tell the pots are pretty much pure roots.

Although I do have 0 experience to compare to lol!

Just mixed my first MC feed. Going to need a new scale if I get into the MC mine doesn't have decimal place so no measuring .5s. Damn you guys werent kidding though this stuff stiiinks

3) What is proteck?

Pro-TeKt is a Dyna-Gro silicon supplement with an NPK of 0-0-3. Some Mega Crop users use it along with General Hydroponics' CALiMAGic (NPK 1-0-0) to maintain the overall NPK ratio of the nutrient solution.

Awesome response thanks @multiVortex . A couple follow up questions then:

1) They are photos. Why is 5g pot not recommended for Promix? Because the high porosity allows for more root expanse? I get that if so as my potsook like solid root balls at the sides and tops.

They need enough room for roots. Like Shed mentioned, in a 5gal you're going to get root bound pretty easily. In a 7gal you have a little more room, and a 10gal would be great. (If it were soil, you'd be looking at 10gal or 15gal. Living Organic Soil? 25gal.)

2) My PPM meter is cheaper and uncalibrated so I'm not sure the accuracy of my readings. My tap water is consistently showing about 180ppm though. So I only rely on the schedule I have for my GH nutes. This is my first Grow and I've already been bit by nitrogen clawing, some kind of deciciency or toxicity and some minor tip burn so I'm a little gunshy to step outside the schedule now lmao. My Calmag is also Cali magic at 1-0-0

It isn't really something to be overly concerned with, but can help if you want to top up the buckets with feed instead of just water. Nothing you need to do. You can do just what you've been doing with the water. The only thing changing is your nutrient. You don't need to change style or anything other than how much food is in the water. Other than that, that's it.

3) What is proteck?

ProTeKt is a silica supplement.

Correct me if I'm wrong but my bag looks like the newer version where Calmag supplement isn't required because it's been added in?

IMG_20200108_2145594.jpg
IMG_20200108_2146215.jpg

My girls drink straight from tap like we did as kids they don't get spoiled

Or throw caution to the wind and add all that shit at will. Not really, but some of us refuse to conform to one bag.
I’m on the 4th watering with the BE and no instantaneous combustion. Well except what I am smoking at the time. The BE reminds me of fairy dust so it’s fun just to add. Lol
Haha I like that.. but nah I’ll prolly just stick to the basics to get a feel for the MC... maybe I’ll experiment with one plant. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Or throw caution to the wind and add all that shit at will. Not really, but some of us refuse to conform to one bag.
I’m on the 4th watering with the BE and no instantaneous combustion. Well except what I am smoking at the time. The BE reminds me of fairy dust so it’s fun just to add. Lol
Haha I like that.. but nah I’ll prolly just stick to the basics to get a feel for the MC... maybe I’ll experiment with one plant. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

And @bluter i sure am monitoring this thread lots of great info and I appreciate everyone’s replies.

not sure Why it double posted this?

Hey guys, my batch of MC came in and I’m excited to use it. Before I go gung-ho with this shit on my garden I got some questions if the experts wouldn’t mine helping me. Bare with me as I’m pretty sure these questions have been answered already...
1. How early should I start feeding the seedlings? ..(right away or when I see 1st or 2nd set of true leaves?

2. What is the feeding schedule like for DWC in RO water? (like do I give a dose of MC everyday, every other day... once a week?) ... if it helps answer the question I do fresh res changes once a week or week and a half.

3. I’m definitely using hydroguard with MC. But will using any other bennies help at all? Just curious as I have left over nutrients from previous runs..either great white or tarantula is what I have laying around... tarantula has always been some good shit for me
thank you for reading through my gibberish and having the patience to answer my questions.:yummy:

@MrFeelGood Happy growing. MFG the bag of MC is moisture sensitive. I left my small sample bag open after using it. And, forgot about it. When, I saw that it was open it was all gwee and wet. :bong:

I have run ProMix HP in a 5 gallon pot with a photo plant, but it got completely rootbound and needed to be watered every single day! If you're going to keep it smaller and flip it young it should be okay but I'd go with a 7 gallon pot if you have room.

And I haven't found use for a PPM meter since I went to MC.
D'oh!!

I'll keep this in mind as I flower those three plants in 5 gallon geopots....in Pro Mix.

D'oh!!

I'll keep this in mind as I flower those three plants in 5 gallon geopots....in Pro Mix.

I run 5 gallon pots with Pro-Mix/Faux-Mix®. I normally flip at 35-40 days though. I have a smaller tent so I can't fit big pots with the number of plants I usually run, plus I don't have lot of headroom for really big plants. For autos, 5 gallon pots are a great size since they have a limited life span.

I run 5 gallon pots with Pro-Mix/Faux-Mix®. I normally flip at 35-40 days though. I have a smaller tent so I can't fit big pots with the number of plants I usually run, plus I don't have lot of headroom for really big plants. For autos, 5 gallon pots are a great size since they have a limited life span.
I flipped on day 48. I may be ok.

This is my second grow with the MH changed to the 1000w from the 600w mh. The MC grow is larger than the straight 1000w thru the 35 days ! Went back and got the pic from that grow .

West Hippie such beauty I see. You have some fatties growing. I'm a dirt gardener myself. I enjoy working with dirt. My camera should be hear by Friday. It's late. :hippy::nomo:

@West Hippie, I just can't get over how lush your plants are. What are they called? Did you clone them? Are you going to train them? You probably shared all this earlier, my memory is bad. I'm shopping for auto next month. I want a Indica mostly. I looked into Seedman and found many of seeds and at decent priced. :smokin:

@West Hippie, I just can't get over how lush your plants are. What are they called? Did you clone them? Are you going to train them? You probably shared all this earlier, my memory is bad. I'm shopping for auto next month. I want a Indica mostly. I looked into Seedman and found many of seeds and at decent priced. :smokin:
The dinky on in the back left is a Dosidos , it’s the perfect candidate for dwc ! The other three are white widow clones . I have them wired down trying to spread them out .
I like squishing so lm going after the GG#4 .

Going to give up the RO water. MC with my RO water I started at 5.1PH. I was adding 1.5 ml of PH up (soluble potash) 0-0-45. After mixing up the well water batch it leveled out at at 6.5. I can start to see a mag issue starting so I would rather try and drop the RO water before adding more stuff not made by GLN.

Attachments

• 2C88C2FA-1052-4BA3-B183-C898867C00B8.jpeg
    2C88C2FA-1052-4BA3-B183-C898867C00B8.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 55
  • 3B1A2C9C-1143-4F5C-A6E1-9C82FECB0511.jpeg
    3B1A2C9C-1143-4F5C-A6E1-9C82FECB0511.jpeg
    895 KB · Views: 61
Back
Top Bottom