The Mega Crop Thread

crap forgot to add my hempy shot of the day...

at 6.3g / 4.5L ro. ramping to 6.5 on next feed.
i'm over 1000ppm which seems a tad steep for veg, but i'm feeding by read. there is no tipping, and i am a bit yellow on newer stuff. i could get the new stuff to green in a bit faster.

:)

I think I'm going to go ahead and either do a feed bump (take 3gal from the system, then add back 3gal with enough MC to up the feed to 5g/gal, like I did Saturday) or do a full, complete change. Either way, I'm bumping the feed today.

Agreed. I should have seen some improvement or change if it were enough food. Up to the 5g mark they go.

I'm running an auto top-off with 1/4 to 1/3 strength feed in it. It's not a very big top-off res though (10gal, holds about 8gal), so I will have to keep on top of it when they start drinking heavily.

I'm going to cut the silica this go and see if that helps keep the pH from drifting up so quick.

Since the res is looking good as a whole, I think I'll bump the feed up as described above. Then next week on Friday I'll do a full-drain res change before I have to leave. That will push me a day late on my next addition of Z7, but the hydroguard will bridge the gap I think. Res temps are pretty good and holding around 70F-72F 99% of the time.

Once I found (and fixed) that light leak on the initial blow up, I think we're good now and haven't had any signs of trouble since. :)
I’ve been at 6 grams for three weeks now on these girls.There are 5 weeks today !
1DD14617-7E27-4CEE-9550-F51DA4200B6C.jpeg
60EE90AD-EB1F-4DE3-96DA-0C6C95F66C96.jpeg
The left front was the most effected by the ph problem so it’s a little behind. Well the dosidos looks to not belong with the WW . Short plant great for dwc !!

Hey guys, my batch of MC came in and I’m excited to use it. Before I go gung-ho with this shit on my garden I got some questions if the experts wouldn’t mine helping me. Bare with me as I’m pretty sure these questions have been answered already...
1. How early should I start feeding the seedlings? ..(right away or when I see 1st or 2nd set of true leaves?

2. What is the feeding schedule like for DWC in RO water? (like do I give a dose of MC everyday, every other day... once a week?) ... if it helps answer the question I do fresh res changes once a week or week and a half.

3. I’m definitely using hydroguard with MC. But will using any other bennies help at all? Just curious as I have left over nutrients from previous runs..either great white or tarantula is what I have laying around... tarantula has always been some good shit for me
thank you for reading through my gibberish and having the patience to answer my questions.:yummy:
I was gifted this Hydro bible from @Grandpa Tokin who had gotten it from the @Rifleman . I’d like to pass it along , works wonderfully!
859E38B7-CC80-4F84-A615-BE6129763ABD.png

I’ve been at 6 grams for three weeks now on these girls.There are 5 weeks today !
1DD14617-7E27-4CEE-9550-F51DA4200B6C.jpeg

Lookin good!

Looking at the promix schedule I'm following, yeah, they're a bit behind on getting upped. I'll go to 5g/gal today, and 6g/gal next week. I'd bump to 6g now, but don't wanna shock them either.

I was gifted this Hydro bible from @Grandpa Tokin who had gotten it from the @Rifleman . I’d like to pass it along , works wonderfully!
859E38B7-CC80-4F84-A615-BE6129763ABD.png

I use that too. It really helps, minus the glaring oversight on the reservoir level where it's missing a condition. :rofl:

Lookin good!

Looking at the promix schedule I'm following, yeah, they're a bit behind on getting upped. I'll go to 5g/gal today, and 6g/gal next week. I'd bump to 6g now, but don't wanna shock them either.

I use that too. It really helps, minus the glaring oversight on the reservoir level where it's missing a condition. :rofl:
I’ll put Rising above water level in case someone’ float valve sticks :laughtwo:

same should still apply with the individual buckets.

have no idea on the tarantula or great white. the short answer is don't use anything that is not friendly in an organic environment. MC is not organic, it's vegan. sort of the neighbour across the hall from organic. that's why it works so well. things that would harm an organic grow will harm an MC grow.

for feed schedules, start with the gln online feed calculator and adjust from there. you do not have to cut back to half or less like other nute lines. start with recommended. keep a read on your plants and adjust up or down depending on colour and reaction.

some have reported needing a small amount of cal-mag depending on media and lighting. i am running a grow super hard on cal-mag ( hempy and cob ) and have not needed it at all. i am on only MC. otherwise zippo...

if adding other nutes etc. - - consult the online elemental calculator or risk blowing things up in spectacular style. MC is truly meant to be used alone. there is some debate. ignore it for now.
Or throw caution to the wind and add all that shit at will. Not really, but some of us refuse to conform to one bag.
I’m on the 4th watering with the BE and no instantaneous combustion. Well except what I am smoking at the time. The BE reminds me of fairy dust so it’s fun just to add. Lol

And yet it smells like a barnyard full of meat!
Smells just like the dry molasses we fed the dairy herd. I don't get the meat or poop smell that others are describing.
Kinda transported me back to the milking barn.

It depends on your medium. If it has any starter ferts in it, wait for the first set.

If it's soillless (Promix, Coco, Peat, etc) then start from day 1 at 1g/gal. On day 6, bump it to 2g/gal. Then bump it 1g/gal every week from there, give or take. Keep 'em in the verdant zone.

I soak my rapid rooters in 1g/gal even. If the medium is basically inert, it needs a tick of food from the start.

Add nutes to the new water when you change your res. Your top off water between changes shouldn't be full strength. Keep track of your starting EC/TDS/PPM, whichever you're comfortable with, and then know how much MC/gallon you need to add to top it back up.

It's no different than any other nutrient line in terms of when to use it.

If you're week 4 of flower, you would normally be at 6g/gal of MC. Since your other feed is a bit light for where you're at, I'd go with the above suggestion to do the first feed at 5g/gal, then the next one at 6g/gal.You probably what, about 2 days between feeds at this point?

Are these photos or autos? If photos, 5gal pots are a little small for Promix. Using 7 or even 10 for a photo would serve you better. I'm running an auto blue dream right now, and she's in a 7gal fabric pot with promix.

If you're using calmag as well, it would help to know what the NPK ratios are. I use CALiMAGic (which is 1-0-0) and it's cal % is like 5%+/- which is good for the amount of N. You have to watch your N-K ratio, and not exceed 1:3. MC on its own is just under 1:2 IIRC off the top of my head at 9:17 for N:K.

That being the case, in ProMix, this has been my entire feed mix (all credit for the mix to @farside05) :

Products:
- Pro-TeKt (DynaGro)
- CALiMAGic (Gen Hydro)
- MegaCrop

The formula is always the same per gallon.
1ml ProTeKt
1ml CALiMAGic
1g MegaCrop

Need 4g/gal MC? Use 4ml ProTeKt, 4ml CALiMAGic, 4g MegaCrop.

5g/gal? 5ml/5ml/5g.

Here is @farside05's schedule. I've been following it to the letter in promix:

full

One of his many posts in this thread about it:

Awesome response thanks @multiVortex . A couple follow up questions then:

1) They are photos. Why is 5g pot not recommended for Promix? Because the high porosity allows for more root expanse? I get that if so as my potsook like solid root balls at the sides and tops.

2) My PPM meter is cheaper and uncalibrated so I'm not sure the accuracy of my readings. My tap water is consistently showing about 180ppm though. So I only rely on the schedule I have for my GH nutes. This is my first Grow and I've already been bit by nitrogen clawing, some kind of deciciency or toxicity and some minor tip burn so I'm a little gunshy to step outside the schedule now lmao. My Calmag is also Cali magic at 1-0-0

3) What is proteck?

Here's a couple shots of the two other plants, they are a local breed called Toronto Cookies. They took well to training so I went hard on them with a quadline strategy but I kept the bottom nodes as well. I kept training them wide for 9 weeks in veg. I got burned by no stretch at all though as I planned for at least 10" after I flipped so they are pretty squat girls. I don't think I'll switch to MC on them for fear of screwing them up at this point but you never know. I really like the simplicity of simply increasing the MC amount easily when you want to push the feed. With the GH bottles I would have no idea which bottle to increase how much to raise ppm without chancing throwing npk out to lunch and locking out something.

Attachments

• IMG_20200106_1948413.jpg
    IMG_20200106_1948413.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 48
  • IMG_20200106_1941198.jpg
    IMG_20200106_1941198.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 53
  • IMG_20200106_1941044.jpg
    IMG_20200106_1941044.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 53
Back
Top Bottom