The Mega Crop Thread

Seems that full strength MC along with BE is working perfectly!
It seems to be working well indeed!

Are there any other changes to your grow besides the addition of the BE that might account for the differences? I was reading thison farside's thread about boosters which made me curious.
Yes there could be a few potential additions that have also increased this.
-New Lighting
-More aggressive feedings more regularly
-Added CO2

Now with that being said I know those are variables that can play a role in quality and outcome. My plan is to debunk the issue and once I start my clone runs I’ll be making a few variable plants that I can play with. Majority will stay on my feed schedule from this round but there will also be increases and removal of BE on my clone runs to find out if it’s actually boosting or contributing to a better end product! This will only be only I start my clones so I can compare identical plants on the same environment just different feedings!

How are things today @West Hippie ? Having fun learning and chatting?

Excellent question and this is going to pop up repeatedly as MC becomes more and more popular here.

I have AN Sensi Coco Grow A & B, B-52 and Voodoo Juice that I will be using up in my next coco/perlite grow. AN nutrients has a few articles posted on their web site about the benefits of using microbes with their nutrients in coco.

I will then finish off the coco/perlite bloom portion of the grow with MC.

I believe I am being told that using Great White, Voodoo Juice, Pirhana, and Tarantula are not needed in coco when using the vegan chelated MC.

But I will be using Sensizyme and Open Sesame/Beastie Bloomz/Cha Ching sparingly and documenting the results for future growers here.

@Dutchman1990 is showing success with MC and BE - great news because I already bought both of them :)

I need to read @farside05 's post on PK enhancers again that @InTheShed pointed me to earlier. This is new information for me still, and I have not fully digested it yet.

I also need to investigate adding more Silica and Humic/Fulvic acids with MC - although it appears the Silica research with coco and MC is pretty much complete and documented by @farside05 .

PS: I am still trying to catch up on this thread's theory - and the info is pouring in very quickly :)
A big thing is that I’m ONLY using GLN and not mixing lineups. I would agree with the consensus here that MC is ALL that you need in a grow. I ran only MC last round and has great results. I chose to try BE this time to see if it helped add any benefits but as @InTheShed mentioned I also increased my lighting to more powerful new LEDs as well as added in a CO2 boost to my area. This combined with a more aggressive and regular feeding has definitely improved my flowering ladies.

With that being said I do plan to run a clone cycle and compare the identical clones in the same environment and lighting but adjusting nutrient levels to truly find if adding BE helps or not!

Exactly!

What Dutch did not mention is that he also completely changed his lights and added CO2 to his grow. Are you sure the success came from the additional BE?
Mentioned above and always keeping me on my toes Shed haha!

So... why am I not having problems then, running MC and SC and SK AND BE?? Could it possibly be that these products are actually designed to work together? Maybe it has something to do with all the chlorine in my tap water or my refusal to adjust pH? Maybe it is my success in getting Vulx to supercharge my roots and therefore have more vigorous plants? Looking at the big picture here, have i become an anomaly?

So... why am I not having problems then, running MC and SC and SK AND BE?? Could it possibly be that these products are actually designed to work together? Maybe it has something to do with all the chlorine in my tap water or my refusal to adjust pH? Maybe it is my success in getting Vulx to supercharge my roots and therefore have more vigorous plants? Looking at the big picture here, have i become an anomaly?

you are probably feeding in balance em.
not many people think it through as far as you or farside etc would

most everyone else just adds stuff on top of the mc - pls see my fragged white cookie for reference lol :p
at the very least folk should go through the elemental calculator on the mc website when adding other stuff to mc.

i'm going with just the straight mc for the time being until i get my head around what i takes to grow with other supplements. for the time my goal is to simplify as much as possible and see if i get acceptable results.

With that being said I do plan to run a clone cycle and compare the identical clones in the same environment and lighting but adjusting nutrient levels to truly find if adding BE helps or not!

Mentioned above and always keeping me on my toes Shed haha!
And Schwazzing vs non Schwazzing......no slacking[/FINGERWAG]

No, you're not an anomaly. You are someone that has a much deeper understanding of our plants and nutrients than probably 99% of us. Most of that 99% just want a formula for whatever success they achieve. You on the other hand, do the detailed research for those formulas, and prove they work. You take growing to a higher level than almost anyone. It's something to admire.

And maybe you only need MC to produce the same results. You'll never know until you try.

it's a fert day,,

only thing missin is the fert.

anyone know what time my mega crop will be here?

P1160996.JPG

And maybe you only need MC to produce the same results. You'll never know until you try.
Maybe, but that will be a future experiment in minimalism... for now I am trying to prove that the published directions on web feeding calculator in regards to the 3 main amendments is not what is burning up people's plants and that by using the supplements as recommended I can end up with organic quality buds.

MegaCrop DWC Grow need some input from from other dwc growers ! My 5 gallon bucket is overwhelmed with roots , I raise the plant with the net to get to the bucket for a sample . Then I top off back to 4 gallons then check the numbers and drop the girl back in the water the level is fixing to overflow the next time I top off !
Another is anyone watching there girl consume the MC at this rate .
The ph started at 5.3 tds 1001 ppm Hanna scale
Next day ph hit 6.1 brought it back to 5.6 tds 883 ppm
Day 3 ph 6.2 brought it to 5.5 tds 723 ppm
Day 4 ph only went to 5.9 tds 508 ppm
Day 5 6.3 brought to 5.6 tds 369 ppm
Day 6 5.9 tds 266 ppm did water and nutrients change . The EC got too low so changed out . That was 723 ppm of solids used in a very short time . The other bucket started this today , hungry .

Or you can without the supplements, and save people time and money
I am not sure why it has become my job to be the minimalist,; not something that I would naturally do by choice. If we are talking about the additional 20 seconds per amendment to weigh it and add it to the watering bucket, I do apologize for being such a waste of valuable resources, and at $8 per trial bag of the stuff, I guess we are talking a lot of money too... Maybe I should add a warning to all my posts... Don't try this at home!!!

MegaCrop DWC Grow need some input from from other dwc growers ! My 5 gallon bucket is overwhelmed with roots , I raise the plant with the net to get to the bucket for a sample . Then I top off back to 4 gallons then check the numbers and drop the girl back in the water the level is fixing to overflow the next time I top off !
Another is anyone watching there girl consume the MC at this rate .
The ph started at 5.3 tds 1001 ppm Hanna scale
Next day ph hit 6.1 brought it back to 5.6 tds 883 ppm
Day 3 ph 6.2 brought it to 5.5 tds 723 ppm
Day 4 ph only went to 5.9 tds 508 ppm
Day 5 6.3 brought to 5.6 tds 369 ppm
Day 6 5.9 tds 266 ppm did water and nutrients change . The EC got too low so changed out . That was 723 ppm of solids used in a very short time . The other bucket started this today , hungry .

OMG those roots look awesome. I'm envious.

I'm running MC in RDWC atm, and my roots are not that big - or that white ( I have some root rot going on ). In general my roots are pretty big though. I've been adding MC to the res every couple of days or increase the TDS. It seems to drop 50-100 ppm each day.

OMG those roots look awesome. I'm envious.

I'm running MC in RDWC atm, and my roots are not that big - or that white ( I have some root rot going on ). In general my roots are pretty big though. I've been adding MC to the res every couple of days or increase the TDS. It seems to drop 50-100 ppm each day.
The Hydroguard and or Z7 I have both in the dwc and the flood&drain . When I change the bucket out I adjust the ph then add the Hydroguard. The next day I add the Z7 , neither one of these change the tds !

it has arrived,, yaay

:snowboating:

The Hydroguard and or Z7 I have both in the dwc and the flood&drain . When I change the bucket out I adjust the ph then add the Hydroguard. The next day I add the Z7 , neither one of these change the tds !
I'm unfamiliar with Z7, but I'll look into it. I've been making tea to combat the rot ( Heisenberg Tea recipe ) with some success. Hydroguard is part of the recipe - along with Ancient Forest, molasses, and Mycogrow ( and/or Great White ). I'm new to hydro but I'm learning quickly.

I'm unfamiliar with Z7, but I'll look into it. I've been making tea to combat the rot ( Heisenberg Tea recipe ) with some success. Hydroguard is part of the recipe - along with Ancient Forest, molasses, and Mycogrow ( and/or Great White ). I'm new to hydro but I'm learning quickly.
The Z7 if there is anything in there that doesn’t belong it will let you know in 30 seconds! @Pennywise got me started on this one ,and it works just have to do it every three days till problem gone !

Back
Top Bottom