The Mega Crop Thread

Got my shipment in today. I did not receive V3. Guess I’m off to buy a blender.

Attachments

• 2DF4114A-40B7-4142-9BBF-6A772D5547BB.jpeg
    2DF4114A-40B7-4142-9BBF-6A772D5547BB.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 63
well i must admit,, i am a bit confused about the method used to manufacture and combine this mega crop.

why the balls at all?? i know they are being adjusted in the future but who the hell thot this was a good idea in the first place??

why they have not pre ground this stuff up is beyond me.

and then there is this,,

P1170688.JPG

this after much shaking and warming and shaking . it settles quite quickly so there is some weight to it.

so what is this and why are we paying for it?

does anyone make the effort to remove this stuff or does it just go in with the rest?

lotto mixing as well for a perpetual garden,, but that will ease with practice.

some plants are fed,, and i am excited,,

cheers friends,, thanks again for all the assistance with this

:thanks:

Just keep it shook up while you're feeding the plants...
When I felt the need to crush my balls,
I prefer mine un-crushed,but that's just me...

and I don't crush the MegaCrop,either....

well i must admit,, i am a bit confused about the method used to manufacture and combine this mega crop.

why the balls at all?? i know they are being adjusted in the future but who the hell thot this was a good idea in the first place??

why they have not pre ground this stuff up is beyond me.

and then there is this,,

P1170688.JPG

this after much shaking and warming and shaking . it settles quite quickly so there is some weight to it.

so what is this and why are we paying for it?

does anyone make the effort to remove this stuff or does it just go in with the rest?

lotto mixing as well for a perpetual garden,, but that will ease with practice.

some plants are fed,, and i am excited,,

cheers friends,, thanks again for all the assistance with this

:thanks:

I put a wave generator in my pail. I mix for half an hour, and the balls are gone. The mixing is done at a temperature of about 18°C / 64°F. There's a little sediment in suspension that falls out overnight. The wave generator comes on five minutes before my automatic watering system kicks in, so the sediment goes back into suspension and is fed through my emitters. The sediment is small enough to pass through a 100 micron filter, so it doesn't clog the emitters. At the end of three feeds per day for two days the vast majority of the sediment has dissolved.

I'm using a paint mix paddle, the kind that fits on a drill.

No crushing, no particles, plus it oxygenates the piss out of the water too. :laugh:

Got my shipment in today. I did not receive V3. Guess I’m off to buy a blender.

That's not until spring according to GLN.

There you have it. Four different growers, with four different methods of dissolving the balls. There's no right or wrong way to do it, just what works for the individual. It's just like growing. As long as you get from seed or clone to an acceptable harvest for you, it's been done right.

I use the big paddle to mix also. I really don’t think I am getting proper ball to powder ratio. Now that I am getting near the end of the bag I found that the ratio is kinda fudged. I will grind the new bag. Glad I bought another small one. I will be adding the bud explosion this watering.

finally the answer is here ! ! !

make your mc precipitate free

the secret awaits .....

taa daaa

ORANGE BUCKET !
ALL HAIL THE ORANGE BUCKET

disclaimer : or use a white one and see the stuff as normal

:cheesygrinsmiley:

finally the answer is here ! ! !

make your mc precipitate free

the secret awaits .....

taa daaa

ORANGE BUCKET !
ALL HAIL THE ORANGE BUCKET

disclaimer : or use a white one and see the stuff as normal

:cheesygrinsmiley:
exactly right or Lowes blue... both work equally well to hide the sediment. :)

I use the big paddle to mix also. I really don’t think I am getting proper ball to powder ratio. Now that I am getting near the end of the bag I found that the ratio is kinda fudged. I will grind the new bag. Glad I bought another small one. I will be adding the bud explosion this watering.

ok,, i like your thinking.

logic tells me and perhaps a bit o physics as well,, there is no way the balls to rest of mixture ratio is consistent, from one mix to the next.

so far i have been measuring and mixing 12.7 grams,, a teaspoon maybe,, and i might guess that the ball to rest ratio could vary by 50% per 12.7 grams

and am i supposed to just 'assume' that the rest of the bag, inside the mix, looks as bally as the outside,, or do the balls work their way to the outside during shipping,,,??

sheesh,, what have i got myself into here??o_O

i am trying to figure a way round this but so far can only think of pulverizing the whole 10 kilo's of the stuff. the absolute 'only' way to get consistency

or am i completely overthinking this??:eek:

The amino acids won't hurt beneficial microbes. They starve to death as the precursors for the nutrients the plants need are consumed.

Coco by itself, or mixed with an inert substance like perlite, does not have the precursors for the nutrients the plants need. Recharge contains beneficial microbes that convert the precursors, when present, into the nutrients the plants require. Since there are no precursors, Recharge is wasted in coco.

Recharge is used with LOS or Living Organic Soil. It is wasted in any grow that uses synthetic nutrients. Soil that doesn't have synthetic nutrients can be referred to as Living Organic Soil. In most other circumstances the soil is simply a substrate used to anchor your plants.

If you want to use Carbohydrates, Great White, Voodoo Juice, Piranha, or Tarantula, you'll need to figure out how they will interact with Mega Crop. Throw away the hype, and take a close look at what these supplements really do, other than lightening your wallet. If you've never grown without them, I suggest side by side grows to figure it out.

Thanks @Old Salt , that is more excellent feedback!

And as much as I would love to do a comparative grow with clones, my focus on our next grow will be to use up my AN and FF nutes as I transition into MC.

I've received enough solid feedback now to use the Carbohydrates, Great White, Voodoo Juice, Piranha, or Tarantula in my soil grows only - not in coco.

or am i completely overthinking this??:eek:

Yes. Yes you are.

The balls are the calcium. If you're overly worried about it, add some calmag. ;)

I have mine in a big tupperware. After I use it, I shake it up to give it a stir. Since I'm also using calmag and silica (CALiMAGic and ProTeKt) I'm not worried one bit over the ratio. If I weren't using it, I might pay slightly more attention, but probably not. Most tap water has enough calcium in it anyway. If using distilled or RO, you may want to add calmag anyway.

i am trying to figure a way round this

If you want it exact,without grinding-just measure out equal parts of balls and powder.
Kind of a pain doing that though....I just figure it evens out over numerous feedings-with MC,a little too much,or a little less isn't going to really hurt anything.
It's pretty forgiving stuff.

If you want it exact,without grinding-just measure out equal parts of balls and powder.
Kind of a pain doing that though....I just figure it evens out over numerous feedings-with MC,a little too much,or a little less isn't going to really hurt anything.
It's pretty forgiving stuff.

that is actually a fine idea,, and would do the job, indeed

cept to be sure it was accurate, i would need to do the whole 10 kilo bag. if one is gonna do something, do it right the first time,, i always say to myself

i like your thinking that it evens out over time.

i am going to dig in the bag a bit tho and see how bally it ally is

fine suggestion,, thank you

I must say, this is a fantastic thread with a lot of knowledgeable people contributing a wide range of ideas.

I see some people using just MC and others using MC, BE, SC, and SK - all with great success.

Personally, I see us as trail-blazers here - using a new product, trying different variations and collecting the data for future grows.

Some novice growers or people on a budget may want to just use MC.

While experienced growers or people with a bit more money may want to use MC, BE, SC, and SK to try to grow a prize plant - tweaking as much from the grow as they possibly can.

I have decided to become a permanent member here because of the way I see everyone working together, sharing knowledge, centralizing data and graciously giving warnings - so that we all can garden in a style that fits us individually.

Kudos to everyone here! And thanks for helping me (in just two days) to completely understand why 420 Magazine is the best on the planet!

One more thing....
We really don't know for sure if the bag actually contains 50% powder, and 50% balls-I guess that's a question that should be answered (somehow)
Like if the bag is 30% balls and 70% powder,a 50/50 mix wouldn't be correct.
It looks like there's more powder than balls,but weight-wise, that may not be the case...

Back
Top Bottom