Stigmas right below the blue wire?
20231221_160855.jpg
?

TMSC - Day 2.

20231221_182812.jpg

Iklwa. The beefiest overall but not as tall as Wild Lady. Very solid.

20231221_182817.jpg

LC-18. She's miniature again.

20231221_182822.jpg
RVDV. She's more delicate than Iklwa, but still beefy, and a smidge taller. Her green is gorgeous.

20231221_182826.jpg

Wild Lady. She's the tallest. She's the lightest in color, but a vibrant healthy light green. Almost neon.

Here are todays drying weights.

Shorty 1 - Leaner Dec 12 - Day 65
Dec 12 - 1015g
Dec 13 - 639g
Dec 14 - 439g
Dec 15 - 328g
Dec 16 - 255g
Dec 17 - 225g
Dec 18 - 225g sweating now.
Dec 20 - 202g 71% RH
Dec 21 - 200g 67% RH
- 72 hr sweat started

Shorty 2 Dec 13 - Day 66
Dec 13 - 1089g
Dec 14 - 737g
Dec 15 - 530g
Dec 16 - 361g
Dec 17 - 274g
Dec 18 - 246g
Dec 19 - 232g
Dec 20 - 227g
Dec 21 - 211g

Pink Pheno Dec 18 - Day 71
Dec 18 - 955g
Dec 19 - 592g
Dec 20 - 404g
Dec 21 - 300g

Mace Head pheno Dec 19 - Day 72
Dec 19 - 1138g
Dec 20 - 808g
Dec 21 - 576g

And the trichs said perfect, so she's hanging and in for a reveg.

1138g trimmed wet weight.

Here are all the weights today.

Shorty 1 - Leaner Dec 12 - Day 65
Dec 12 - 1015g
Dec 13 - 639g
Dec 14 - 439g
Dec 15 - 328g
Dec 16 - 255g
Dec 17 - 225g
Dec 18 - 225g sweating started.
Dec 19 - sweating at 74%

Shorty 2 Dec 13 - Day 66
Dec 13 - 1089g
Dec 14 - 737g
Dec 15 - 530g
Dec 16 - 361g
Dec 17 - 274g
Dec 18 - 246g
Dec 19 - 232g

Pink Pheno Dec 18 - Day 71
Dec 18 - 955g
Dec 19 - 592g

Mace Head pheno Dec 19 - Day 72
Dec 19 - 1138g
What does “sweating started” mean?

Day 1 of The South Africans.

Let's try this again.

20231220_083909.jpg

Wild Lady.

20231220_083904.jpg

RVDV.

20231220_083859.jpg

LC-18.

20231220_083854.jpg

Iklwa.

20231220_092111.jpg

Here are some harvest pics. The top row is the 1st 2 plants, and every cola has been topped slightly longer than a Mason Jar. The bottom half of those 16 colas are in tubs, I couldn't fit it in the picture. The midde row is the pink pheno, and the bottom is the mace head pheno.

20231220_092634.jpg

That gives you an idea of whats missing.

20231220_092127.jpg

This one will get snipped here.

20231220_092139.jpg

This one will get shortened a node to fit in the jar.

Screenshot_20231220_095926_Gallery.jpg
Congratulations!!! Stunning harvest and great babies!

What does “sweating started” mean?
I hang the plants until they are starting to get crunchy stems, then I toss them into an air tight tub with a hygrometer and leave it for 24 hours to homogenize (sweat) the moisture. Then vent, sweat, vent,sweat.... until it gets to a stable 62% RH and I leave it there to cure.

The centers of the buds can be far wetter than the outer edges so sweating evens out the moisture content. That way when you hit 62% for long storage, the entire bud is 62% all the way through. If the centers stay too wet you can get mold in storage. Too dry and curing stops.

I hang the plants until they are starting to get crunchy stems, then I toss them into an air tight tub with a hygrometer and leave it for 24 hours to homogenize (sweat) the moisture. Then vent, sweat, vent,sweat.... until it gets to a stable 62% RH and I leave it there to cure.

The centers of the buds can be far wetter than the outer edges so sweating evens out the moisture content. That way when you hit 62% for long storage, the entire bud is 62% all the way through. If the centers stay too wet you can get mold in storage. Too dry and curing stops.
I was wondering what swearing means too. Sounds like burping but in a way larger bin versus mason jars.

I was wondering what swearing means too. Sounds like burping but in a way larger bin versus mason jars.
Pretty much. Once it gets down to the mid 60's I trim all the wood out and it goes into jars for burping, but I find if you leave the wood on it takes longer and you get a better cure. So you need to sweat the weed to get the moisture in the wood to pull out into the buds. Or trim out the wood earlier and get a quicker dry time. I like low and slow. It usually takes me a month to get to 62%.

52% is your target rh? I thought 58% was low. Is there a consensus about rh levels or is this like everything else and everybody does it their own way?

Have you seen the threads here about drying in a refrigerator? Claim is you dont lose as many terps and smells and smokes better. Was thinking of giving it a try with some and see if i notice a difference.
I haven't but it sounds legit. I have read a couple times that 64F is the magic number, but I just keep it in the garage.

It averages about 68F in there, and it seems to work quite well.

I would love to watch you try something out.

I want to try cobs, but it scares me lol. It sounds like it's pretty strong when the cobbing is all finished.

Gotcha. That’s what I do when I pull out the big guns for special weed. Same thing with another step. I just didn’t know it was called sweating, I just think if it as pre-curing while stabilizing. Regardless, I go:
- hang til dry to about 68%
- keeping stems on, put into large plastic tote and burp, or sweat, for a week in a cold dark spot.
- now they’re at about 62% - now, still with stems on, cut them down so you can fit them in a five gallon bucket (food grade preferably). Stack them like firewood with as much space as possible between them as you stack until the bucket is around 80% filled. Lid it tight. Again, burp for a week.
- trim and jar

Approximately the same thing. By smallening the container for week two you concentrate the terps. It’s the best pre cure in the world for my money.

Yep low and slow. There is a thread on it. It definitely makes a killer end product. I dry mostly end of autumn like everyone thats growing outside. Temps are cooler where I dry. Not fridge cold but I've tried it and it's great.
I have too many kids to have space for a fridge now 🙃

Gotcha. That’s what I do when I pull out the big guns for special weed. Same thing with another step. I just didn’t know it was called sweating, I just think if it as pre-curing while stabilizing. Regardless, I go:
- hang til dry to about 68%
- keeping stems on, put into large plastic tote and burp, or sweat, for a week in a cold dark spot.
- now they’re at about 62% - now, still with stems on, cut them down so you can fit them in a five gallon bucket (food grade preferably). Stack them like firewood with as much space as possible between them as you stack until the bucket is around 80% filled. Lid it tight. Again, burp for a week.
- trim and jar

Approximately the same thing. By smallening the container for week two you concentrate the terps. It’s the best pre cure in the world for my money.
Adding a step🤔. I like that. I'm going to give it a go. It's right where my 1st plant is at👍 Thanks!👊 Better is better! 😎😊

Hi Gee,

I have fading leaves on my Blueberry plant. It's the lowers. I am wondering what you see in the leaves please, and if I must correct anything at this stage, or allow the leaves to fade.

DSC_7494.jpg

How many days until harvest Carmen?
That's a very good question Gee. One for which I don't have the answer. The package says it is an 8 to 10 week seed to harvest plant. The plant is now on day 55, so it is in range, but all the pistils are still white.

That's a very good question Gee. One for which I don't have the answer. The package says it is an 8 to 10 week seed to harvest plant. The plant is now on day 55, so it is in range, but all the pistils are still white.
Ok, I ask because it looks like senesence starting, but it could also be hungry and slightly calmag deficient.

I don't know auto's, but @Jon may be able to weigh in here, but if it was a photo and 2 weeks from harvest, I would assume senescence and do nothing.

Has her water intake started to drop noticeably? Thats usually a sign that shes starting to finish.

If you decide it's a calmag thing be really really careful, you don't want to fry her leaves now, she needs them to finish.

I would ppm it to no more than 25ppm, but my 1st impression is she's finishing, and if she isn't she soon will be, so calmag won't really help you.

She will stop feeding from the roots and switch to consuming her minerals in her leaves, so soil calcium is far less important.

Fall colors🥰

Ok, I ask because it looks like senesence starting, but it could also be hungry and slightly calmag deficient.

I don't know auto's, but @Jon may be able to weigh in here, but if it was a photo and 2 weeks from harvest, I would assume senescence and do nothing.

Has her water intake started to drop noticeably? Thats usually a sign that shes starting to finish.

If you decide it's a calmag thing be really really careful, you don't want to fry her leaves now, she needs them to finish.

I would ppm it to no more than 25ppm, but my 1st impression is she's finishing, and if she isn't she soon will be, so calmag won't really help you.

She will stop feeding from the roots and switch to consuming her minerals in her leaves, so soil calcium is far less important.

Fall colors🥰
Thanks Gee man, that was what I thought too and I just wanted to get confirmation :) I think is is senescence. The flowers are weirdly white though. I wonder when the pistils will turn. Maybe even a bit foxtailed. I will report in my thread a bit later.

Back
Top Bottom