Gee's lab have any thoughts on light intensity at flip? I ask because i usually run 50% for veg, then flip to 100% for flower. I have had hermies quite a few times and have learned that the intensity is to high. With out getting into the weeds about light brands and whatnot, does anyone have some basic guidelines? Something like flip and go from 50% to 60% for the first week, then go up to 70% second week etc...?
@Jon is a world of help here. You need the photone app on your phone and a ppfd light chart from your manufacturer, and then you can quickly calibrate the photone app to your phone's camera. Iphones are a bit different but Jon knows how.

My regular Durban should never have gone over 1000PPFD, but I ran it at 1150 for a couple days and the leaves paid for it. When I saw that the light was too intense I used VPD to dial the light in, and when I had it just right it measured out at 1005 PPFD on the tallest cola, and the corners were down to about 720. I left it there for the last 5 or 6 weeks of the grow. That was at 55% on my light.

Light stress is definitely an easy way to get hermies. Do you by chance have an IR thermometer gun?

I do have an infrared temp gun and use it to measure leaf VPD thanks to watching you use it. Do you have a favorite photon app, i happen to use an android phone.
SmartSelect_20231224-100017_One UI Home.jpg

That one is good i use Android too

This meter is $25 on Amazon and with the free PPFD Meter app on Google play, it is a fairly accurate par meter. Migro on YouTube has a video review on it and will show how to use. Other than that, I used to watch par map reviews on youtube for the light I was using to see how high to hang the light.

51XqBULXarS._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I don't what I did to make that pic so big.

This meter is $25 on Amazon and with the free PPFD Meter app on Google play, it is a fairly accurate par meter. Migro on YouTube has a video review on it and will show how to use. Other than that, I used to watch par map reviews on youtube for the light I was using to see how high to hang the light.

51XqBULXarS._AC_SL1500_.jpg

$25. Thats awesome!

I do have an infrared temp gun and use it to measure leaf VPD thanks to watching you use it. Do you have a favorite photon app, i happen to use an android phone.
I just use the one called Photone. Jon said thats the one you want.

There's a calibrate section in the app setting somewhere. You look on your chart and if the chart says 1400PPFD at 12", you set that into the calibration settings, then hold the phone at 12" or whatever your chart said, and click calibrate, then follow the prompts. After that you take readings any time you want with your phone. Iphone is a bit different, but if your android it's really easy, you just need the chart info.

Any idea what your vpd is at right now?

@Jon is a world of help here. You need the photone app on your phone and a ppfd light chart from your manufacturer, and then you can quickly calibrate the photone app to your phone's camera. Iphones are a bit different but Jon knows how.

My regular Durban should never have gone over 1000PPFD, but I ran it at 1150 for a couple days and the leaves paid for it. When I saw that the light was too intense I used VPD to dial the light in, and when I had it just right it measured out at 1005 PPFD on the tallest cola, and the corners were down to about 720. I left it there for the last 5 or 6 weeks of the grow. That was at 55% on my light.

Light stress is definitely an easy way to get hermies. Do you by chance have an IR thermometer gun?
I set my lights at 1000 ppfd from the center of each light to top of canopy using the Photone app, the next day I noticed a little light burn so I raised the lights about 4" .

I set my lights at 1000 ppfd from the center of each light to top of canopy using the Photone app, the next day I noticed a little light burn so I raised the lights about 4" .
Yeah you gotta be careful, not every strain can handle the same amount of light and the stage it's at has a bearing too.

I just use the one called Photone. Jon said thats the one you want.

There's a calibrate section in the app setting somewhere.
Huh? Where? I have been using the app uncalibrated for a couple of years now. LOL!
You look on your chart and if the chart says 1400PPFD at 12", you set that into the calibration settings, then hold the phone at 12" or whatever your chart said, and click calibrate, then follow the prompts. After that you take readings any time you want with your phone. Iphone is a bit different, but if your android it's really easy, you just need the chart info.

Any idea what your vpd is at right now?
Oh oh, I have done a custom calibration according to the chart. I hope that I understood it correctly. So if the chart says it should be 1000 ppfd at 11 inches, I input that to the device and hold it at that distance, centrally until it takes the reading?

Huh? Where? I have been using the app uncalibrated for a couple of years now. LOL!

Oh oh, I have done a custom calibration according to the chart. I hope that I understood it correctly. So if the chart says it should be 1000 ppfd at 11 inches, I input that to the device and hold it at that distance, centrally until it takes the reading?
Thats the way I unferstood it and it seems to work. I closed the app and restarted it a few times and it kept matching the chart.

I could not even find the chart for my Quantum boards...

Do they have an email address? Perhaps you could drop them a line and ask for a measurement.

Wow, thanks everyone! Its lights out right now, i am on the humid side a little. This mornings trading with lights on all night was 0.8
Pretty much bang on👍 Your in great shape. I really hope your phenos of 11 roses turn out as cool as the one I grew. That AG tho, thats the one I really want to watch. It's on my hit list.
I don't what I did to make that pic so big.
You mean it's not a giant meter for $25!😤
Mail me your phone, I will calibrate it to my light and chart and mail it back. What could go wrong🤣

Pretty much bang on👍 Your in great shape. I really hope your phenos of 11 roses turn out as cool as the one I grew. That AG tho, thats the one I really want to watch. It's on my hit list.

You mean it's not a giant meter for $25!😤

Mail me your phone, I will calibrate it to my light and chart and mail it back. What could go wrong🤣
Maybe I should send you my lights too…:rofl:

Here are today's weights.

Shorty 1 - Leaner Dec 12 - Day 65
Dec 12 - 1015g
Dec 13 - 639g
Dec 14 - 439g
Dec 15 - 328g
Dec 16 - 255g
Dec 17 - 225g
Dec 18 - 225g sweating now.
Dec 20 - 202g 71% RH
Dec 21 - 200g 67% RH
Dec 22 - 199g 69% RH
Dec 23 - 199g 68% RH

Shorty 2 Dec 13 - Day 66
Dec 13 - 1089g
Dec 14 - 737g
Dec 15 - 530g
Dec 16 - 361g
Dec 17 - 274g
Dec 18 - 246g
Dec 19 - 232g
Dec 20 - 227g
Dec 21 - 211g
Dec 22 - 201g 70% RH
Dec 23 - 200g 70% RH

Pink Pheno Dec 18 - Day 71
Dec 18 - 955g
Dec 19 - 592g
Dec 20 - 404g
Dec 21 - 300g
Dec 22 - 251g
Dec 23 - 245g

Mace Head pheno Dec 19 - Day 72
Dec 19 - 1138g
Dec 20 - 808g
Dec 21 - 576g
Dec 22 - 478g
Dec 23 - 467g
*Because the nugs are so big and so dense on this pheno I sweated them and will return to hanging in 48 hours so no real drop in weight.

TMSC Day 3.

Here are yesterdays pictures.
20231223_132516.jpg

New Iklwa in front, old rescued, replanted Ikky in back.

20231223_132527.jpg

LC-18. New up front, old at the back.

20231223_132533.jpg

RVDV. New up front, and old is rooting in and starting to grow after the rescue.

20231223_132545.jpg

New Wild Lady. She's not happy. Hopefully she turns around.

20231223_132554.jpg

And Old Wild Lady. She is growing into her soil. If the new baby WL dies, I can cut a clone from this one to keep all 4 in the grow. She is a tall gangly Gal😍.

The Wife and I tried testers of this cool new Mace Head Pheno. It's amazing.

It's all high, no stone, no paranoia, and tastes fantastic. It is a very energetic creative motivating social high. It's quite strong, which was a surprise, because even though it was fairly frosty, it was the least frosty of the 4.

The nugs are incredibly dense. The densest sativa nugs I have seen yet. Bag appeal is top shelf. Who wouldn't want a quarter ounce that is just part of a bud😎

I can't wait to see where it's at in 3 months time, you know... If theres any left🤣

I certainly hope the reveg works out, I want a Mother of this one. The way it grows giant colas with no side branching and ends up the heaviest yielder makes for really easy trimming.

It's also a lighter feeder, so I could probably grow a Sea of Green of clones in 2gal pots that would be all cola.

The one tester I took was a bottom nug off a cola. After it was dry and seriously rock hard (I can't crush it with my fingers, it's crusty hard with trichs) it shrunk down to a bit bigger than a golf ball. I tossed it across the living room to the wife, it threw like a rock. It went whack! when she caught it🤣.

She has seen so much weed that nothing really impresses her, but she grinned and said "Holy Fuck! Nice!" So theres that...

20231223_132603.jpg

Back
Top Bottom