Table Mountain comped me some Malawi and another unworked Durban-ish strain that I will grow outdoors next year, hopefully with a male in the mix. A Durbanish male preferrably.
They seem to be a great company, i like to support the mom and pop shops whenever i can. They threw in some regular Malawi seeds for me too. Never grew males, not sure if im ready or willing to try. Thats a whole nother world for me to wrap my brain around....

Durban Poison - Day 33 of Flower.

20231110_065609.jpg

Family Photo😊.

20231110_065709.jpg

20231110_065719.jpg

20231110_065724.jpg

20231110_065735.jpg

20231110_065832.jpg

20231110_070048.jpg

20231110_070059.jpg

20231110_070106.jpg

20231110_070112.jpg

32 tops on 8 beautiful African Gals😍.

Gee thinking out loud:

The pots are all ready for another 10 days, hopefully they can hold up. Pretty soon I will go to hand watering and get off drippers. There is a lot of fertility in my top 2 inches of soil that needs to be massaged down and in. This is when calcium and magnesium can become lil' bitches.

Theres a lot of it in the multiple topdressings that the drippers wont push down as well as a careful gentle hand watering. As soon as they dry a bit they get a gentle and perfectly adequate top watering. Likely about 2 litres a day each.

Taking control back from the auto-water forces me to pay better attention and right now my main goal is to keep the soil in a state that if a problem arises, I can correct it quickly.

Normally you see yellowing down bottom or whatever, so you react, but its organics so it could take 10 days to see a real improvement. By keeping calcium and magnesium moving properly with hand watering, a deficiency needs to go through about 6 nodes of fan leaves, so 12 fans, before it gets into the colas.

By hand watering and keeping everything in check, I can cut that 10 day turnaround into 5, and 10-12 leaves per cola can buffer that.

If I am dilligent, I actually still have enough fans to get me through 2 deficiencies, as long as none are phosphorus.

Hope I make it🙏.
Those colas look full! Getting closer to the finish line, im sure you'll make it

@Carmen Ray here are what I call leaners. Some phenos do it and some don't.

20231110_164807.jpg

You can sort of see how this cola sways out to the right.

20231110_164814.jpg

The stalk is in line with the blue lines.

20231110_164741.jpg

Straight.

20231110_164728.jpg

Leaner.

20231110_164723.jpg

A straight and a leaner.

20231110_164004.jpg

Leaner.

20231110_163959.jpg

Two leaners.

20231110_163954.jpg

Two straights.

Leaners tend to yield a bit more but I like the straight ones.

Gee...... everything lookin beautiful!! I wanna be your neighbor Growmie!! 😎✌️

They seem to be a great company, i like to support the mom and pop shops whenever i can. They threw in some regular Malawi seeds for me too. Never grew males, not sure if im ready or willing to try. Thats a whole nother world for me to wrap my brain around....
They really are. Matt corresponded with me a few times as well as they made their way around the globe, making sure the seeds stayed on track.

I agree on supporting the little guys. Not only do they keep the big guys in check, they have all the really cool niche market stuff.

Plus I have searched for years to find true South African genetics, and TMSC hooked me up beautifully! Even Ace couldn't do that👊. I haven't been this excited about a grow in a long time😊.

I'm hoping that they are my new favorite seed company😎.

Edit: I'm still waiting on my plane ticket to arrive so I can help Matt drink some beers on his new patio, but I'm sure the mail is just slow in getting them to me!🤣.

They really are. Matt corresponded with me a few times as well as they made their way around the globe, making sure the seeds stayed on track.

I agree on supporting the little guys. Not only do they keep the big guys in check, they have all the really cool niche market stuff.

Plus I have searched for years to find true South African genetics, and TMSC hooked me up beautifully! Even Ace couldn't do that👊. I haven't been this excited about a grow in a long time😊.

I'm hoping that they are my new favorite seed company😎.

Edit: I'm still waiting on my plane ticket to arrive so I can help Matt drink some beers on his new patio, but I'm sure the mail is just slow in getting them to me!🤣.
They might be a while haha

Table Mountain Sativa's - Day 4.

20231111_074905.jpg

The 4 Pragtige Dames

20231111_074430.jpg

Wild Lady. She's really light, almost a bit variagated, and growing really fast.

20231111_074425.jpg

LC-18. She is so small but proportionately, she's a perfect beast. Just a miniature perfect beast. Look at her leaves compared to the perlite. All the others are so much bigger. I like this Lil Gaffer.

20231111_074418.jpg

RVDV. She's taking over from Iklwa as the biggest, most robust seedling. She is very healthy. This one looks almost professional, and less wild. This is good stock coming through. I'm excited for this one.

20231111_074413.jpg

Iklwa is a beast too, it was the biggest one, but RVDV is really moving past. Fun Fun😎

Durban Poison - Day 34 of Flower.

We get to see the first hard stress today.

A couple days ago I drenched the pots to get calcium homogenous, getting the soil revving better, and you expect a bit of a nitrogen rush and some clawed tips, but I think the extra calcium bit me a bit here.

I have burned tips now. It's OK, and better now than later in flower, but it ticks me off too. I will have to be gentler next time.

Heres some burnt tips for you.

20231111_150714.jpg

A leaner for Carmen.

20231111_150659.jpg

20231111_150640.jpg

20231111_150635.jpg

20231111_150612.jpg

20231111_150520.jpg

20231111_150513.jpg

It shouldn't really hurt me, but it sucks to have to look at it until the end now😓.

I needed the nutrients mobile, I can't afford dry spots, its a race to the finish line.

Burning the tips now is a fair trade to get the soil rolling for the 2nd half of flower. I need to have excess nitrogen burning off, not locked in the soil lurking for late flower.

The plant is growing flower bulk right now, it can use it.

It's possible the uncooked calcium I added at potting is suddenly becoming available now too, running things a bit hot.

I gently watered in the new mulch and EWC. Tomorrow I will crumble it up and water it in a bit more.

I have to make sure the soil has good air flow. Normally magnesium really wants to tighten up about now.

The drench a few days ago, and me crumbling up the surface tomorrow, makes for excellent airflow to the rootball.

Rinse and repeat, rinse and repeat...

Getting closer. They are about to become pigs as they chunk up.

Durban Poison - Day 34 of Flower.

We get to see the first hard stress today.

A couple days ago I drenched the pots to get calcium homogenous, getting the soil revving better, and you expect a bit of a nitrogen rush and some clawed tips, but I think the extra calcium bit me a bit here.

I have burned tips now. It's OK, and better now than later in flower, but it ticks me off too. I will have to be gentler next time.

Heres some burnt tips for you.

20231111_150714.jpg

A leaner for Carmen.

20231111_150659.jpg

20231111_150640.jpg

20231111_150635.jpg

20231111_150612.jpg

20231111_150520.jpg

20231111_150513.jpg

It shouldn't really hurt me, but it sucks to have to look at it until the end now😓.

I needed the nutrients mobile, I can't afford dry spots, its a race to the finish line.

Burning the tips now is a fair trade to get the soil rolling for the 2nd half of flower. I need to have excess nitrogen burning off, not locked in the soil lurking for late flower.

The plant is growing flower bulk right now, it can use it.

It's possible the uncooked calcium I added at potting is suddenly becoming available now too, running things a bit hot.

I gently watered in the new mulch and EWC. Tomorrow I will crumble it up and water it in a bit more.

I have to make sure the soil has good air flow. Normally magnesium really wants to tighten up about now.

The drench a few days ago, and me crumbling up the surface tomorrow, makes for excellent airflow to the rootball.

Rinse and repeat, rinse and repeat...

Getting closer. They are about to become pigs as they chunk up.
Gee, my RR1 plant is so badly burnt now. The nute burn never stopped. It continued spreading despite me only giving the plant water. Interestingly, the small RR2 plant is not affected in the same way, it is in the same soil, and was treated the same way.

I'm glad to hear you say that excess nitrogen can burn off, and that it can be used in the earlier bulking stage of flower.

Gee, my RR1 plant is so badly burnt now. The nute burn never stopped. It continued spreading despite me only giving the plant water. Interestingly, the small RR2 plant is not affected in the same way, it is in the same soil, and was treated the same way.

I'm glad to hear you say that excess nitrogen can burn off, and that it can be used in the earlier bulking stage of flower.
All 4 of my plants showed tip burn to a different degree, so some pheno's can definitely handle the extra food better than others.

All 4 of my plants showed tip burn to a different degree, so some pheno's can definitely handle the extra food better than others.
20231112_054052.jpg

This is spreading through the leaves of my plant.

I have never experienced a potassium deficiency, but I think it may look like this. Maybe google it and see what you think. This doesn't quite look like a calcium thing.
I'm not sure, Gee. It started weeks ago and we decided it was too much calcium. It doesn't look like a classical Potassium deficiency to me. I'll post the pic in my thread. I've been trying to ignore it, hoping it will go away.

These are pictures from google of potassium deficiencies.

hqdefault.jpg
cannabis-potassium-deficiency-lower-leaves-yellow.jpg
potassium-deficiency-weed-yellow-brown-edges.jpg
Thank you Gee! I don't think that the leaves present in this way. The burn is inside the leaf and on the tips of my plant, not on the leaf margins, and the leaf margins are not yellowing first like Potassium def. Maybe I must get some better pics.

Back
Top Bottom