So Gee, interesting observation. Of all my grows, which is only a couple years worth, these are the biggest by far first true leaves that I've ever seen. Im sure its strain related somewhat but also because im following along with your methods. Hers a pic at day 8. Been doing some VPD stuff too, will chat about that later. Enjoy your evening.

20231113_063302.jpg
20231113_120504.jpg

So Gee, interesting observation. Of all my grows, which is only a couple years worth, these are the biggest by far first true leaves that I've ever seen. Im sure its strain related somewhat but also because im following along with your methods. Hers a pic at day 8. Been doing some VPD stuff too, will chat about that later. Enjoy your evening.

20231113_063302.jpg
20231113_120504.jpg
Wow Gidorah, those are big sprouts! I find plants that get off to good starts generally do better for life. Those sprouts look pretty darn good👊😊. Even the older one in the black pot is coming around nicely.

Thats cool that your working on VPD already. It's going to be fun watching a Sips grow up close😎

Is this your 1st Sips run?

I think this is my 4th grow using the SIPs. It does take the guess work oit of watering. I attribute the good start to you and your posts, i do appreciate it. On a side note, one of these plants is an Acapulco Gold, im thinking its the one in the back. The second leaf coming out seems long and pointy. Enjoy your day, i gotta go make donuts.

Cool, so you have Sips experience, excellent! Can you talk us through as you go? Demo it a bit? Sips are definitely on my list of adventures, I just haven't gotten there yet. I would love to hear your day to day thoughts so I can try it outdoors next summer. The top 2 things on my list are trying auto's, but as show plants, cuz they are so purdy, and sips with organics, so I'm learning about both as much as I can now to try an outdoor sip auto run of at least 4 plants next summer.

Will do. Not an expert by any means and learing as i go. With the way these seedlings are going, i did add about a cup of water to each SIPs to start the capillary action near the bottom to promote root growth down there and start the conversion to water roots. Its already wicked into the soil in about 5 hours. Will add a cup or so as needed every 2 to 3 days for about a week, then fill the reservoir all the way. Thinking is that it will not stall out the plant. You can tell when its empty by the floating green indicator because it hits the bottom of the bucket and makes a distinct sound.

Will do. Not an expert by any means and learing as i go. With the way these seedlings are going, i did add about a cup of water to each SIPs to start the capillary action near the bottom to promote root growth down there and start the conversion to water roots. Its already wicked into the soil in about 5 hours. Will add a cup or so as needed every 2 to 3 days for about a week, then fill the reservoir all the way. Thinking is that it will not stall out the plant. You can tell when its empty by the floating green indicator because it hits the bottom of the bucket and makes a distinct sound.
Were your previous sips runs done with LOS? Did you need CalMag in the reservoir?

20231114_062231.jpg

Day 7 of veg. The 4 plants all originated within a few hundred miles of each other, yet they are so varied in traits. I have my work cut out for me lol.

20231114_062255.jpg

LC-18. Still small and still very healthy.

20231114_062303.jpg

Iklwa has regained the lead again over RVDV as the biggest, and is already praying hard. She wants to go! A true warrior🥰. Very healthy and looks like she linked to the myco really well.

20231114_062309.jpg

RVDV. She's a close 2nd to Ikky, and is growing her 2nd node out fast. She's not running as hard as Ikky but she's a bit more developed for her age. She has a very refined look. Polished a bit. She has a quality look to her that you don't often see in seedlings.

She has a trouble free look to her and she's a bit more lush and fat than the others.

20231114_062348.jpg

Wild Lady. She's named correctly. Look at her, she's long and gangly with full on wild sativa leaves. She's actually the biggest but she slouches. This plant has every characteristic of a really tall girl. She's going to be high maintenance❤️.

Were your previous sips runs done with LOS? Did you need CalMag in the reservoir?
The previous SIPS had Dynomyco in them. For this run, i added Dynomyco to the soil when mixing and a watering with Great White on day 2. I have never seen CalMag deficiencies on my grows even though i have a bottle of it and used it as a precaution only a couple of times. I think the GeoFlora application every two weeks helps with potential CalMag issues.

The previous SIPS had Dynomyco in them. For this run, i added Dynomyco to the soil when mixing and a watering with Great White on day 2. I have never seen CalMag deficiencies on my grows even though i have a bottle of it and used it as a precaution only a couple of times. I think the GeoFlora application every two weeks helps with potential CalMag issues.
I'm going to have to try GeoFlora one day. I've never heard a bad word about it. I wonder what's in it?

I'm going to have to try GeoFlora one day. I've never heard a bad word about it. I wonder what's in it?
Most of the stuff you put in your mix. It's an organic grow in a bag. But takes all the fun out of mixing it yourself. :laughtwo:

Kind of like The Rev's spike mixes, though I haven't done a side-by-side comparison yet.

Geoflora Discussion Thread

 Veg

Ingredients​

Derived From: Alfalfa Meal, Bat Guano, Blood Meal, Bone Meal, Composted Turkey Litter, Crustacean Meal, Feather Meal, Fish Bone Meal, Fish Protein Hydrolysate, Kelp Meal (Macrocystis pyrifera), Magnesium Sulfate, Natural Volcanic Ash, Neem Seed Meal, Potassium Sulfate, Rock Phosphate.​

Contains beneficial bacteria species: Bacillus subtilis, Bacillus pumilus, Bacillus amyloliquefaciens, Bacillus licheniformis, Bacillus megaterium.

Also contains: Yucca schidigera extract, Molasses, humic acids.

Flower

Ingredients​

Derived From: Alfalfa Meal, Bat Guano, Blood Meal, Bone Meal, Composted Turkey Litter, Crustacean Meal, Feather Meal, Fish Bone Meal, Fish Protein Hydrolysate, Kelp Meal (Macrocystis pyrifera), Magnesium Sulfate, Natural Volcanic Ash, Neem Seed Meal, Potassium Sulfate, Rock Phosphate.​

Contains beneficial bacteria species: Bacillus subtilis, Bacillus pumilus, Bacillus amyloliquefaciens, Bacillus licheniformis, Bacillus megaterium.

Also contains: Yucca schidigera extract, Molasses, humic acids.

Day 10 update. 2nd leaves are coming on strong. First leaves are still growing, the plant i think is the Acapulco Gold has grown its 1st leaves to 5 inches. Its 2nd leaves are nice and pointy compared to the Eleven Roses. I have to admit, im a little concerned these dont crash and burn, they are off to such a great start. Enjoy your Wednesday
20231115_055141.jpg
20231115_055111.jpg

Day 10 update. 2nd leaves are coming on strong. First leaves are still growing, the plant i think is the Acapulco Gold has grown its 1st leaves to 5 inches. Its 2nd leaves are nice and pointy compared to the Eleven Roses. I have to admit, im a little concerned these dont crash and burn, they are off to such a great start. Enjoy your Wednesday
20231115_055141.jpg
20231115_055111.jpg
You gotta love a good game of Who's Who 🤣. I'm glad you wanted to do this Gidorah👊. Especially in a SIP.

I would tend to agree, as sativas grow larger faster.

They ARE off to an amazing start! I can't wait to see the Acupulco flower out, and I really hope you get a pheno of the 11 Roses that was as colorful as mine.

Hey Gidorah, so you top dress every 2 weeks and water it in once then let the SIP work? Once they get rolling of course.
Hi Stone, that is correct. The question that sticks in my head is the timing of the 1st application. GF says at transplant to start but im starting in its permanent pot, no transplanting. I think i will give its first feed when node 3 shows up. Anyone have thoughts on when to apply the first feed? Is @GeoFlora Nutrients around?

Table Mountain sativa's - Day 8.
20231115_072752.jpg

Only 19 weeks left til harvest, almost there.🤣

20231115_072802.jpg

Wild Lady. Still wild and not changing her mind on that.

20231115_073018.jpg

LC-18. She's starting to show some variegation too.

20231115_073024.jpg

Iklwa. Reaching for the sky.

20231115_073029.jpg

RVDV. Quietly doing her thing.

Durban Poison - Day 38 of Flower.
20231115_072612.jpg

I found a fallen leaf today. It didn't look unhealthy at all, and it came from the darkest part of the canopy, so it may not mean anything, but I'm watching closely. 13-20 more days til finish starts. I forgot how nervous 1st run soils can be😪.

20231115_072623.jpg

This pheno,

20231115_072659.jpg

and this pheno,

20231115_072633.jpg

and the pheno in the front, all have pointy buds. The pheno in the back of this picture...

20231115_072640.jpg

Is this one. The lanky one. Her buds are like round balls up top. She's a bulky one.

She also got the worst tip burn by a fair margin, so the bulkiest one is the lighter eater.

No scheduled maintenance today, so auto-water is turned back on. 05:45, 11:00, and 16:00. Each cycle runs for 4 minutes thru 1/4 gph drippers. 4 drippers per plant.

That equates to almost a quart/litre each, every day, on top of weekly fish water (usually 2 litres per plant at this stage weekly) and the odd top watering such as the full soaking last week, or when I scratch the surface and it feels a bit dry.

Other than fish water, all my top watering this late in a grow is done with a sprayer. I don't want to destroy the soil structure now, I want all water to go down very gently.

Fish water takes time, patience, and a small watering can. It's too hard to get fish out of the sprayer.

You need a can thats gentle on the delivery and easy to clean out. I use a 1 litre long necked plastic watering can. It has a small hole in the spout about 3/8" in diameter.

I dribble 1 litre in slowly, let it sit while I do the other 3, then do a 2nd slow round to get litre #2 in.

20231115_134933.jpg

This is the food grade kelp for horses that I got for much cheaper than horticulture grade. I opened it up to dump the last bit from a smaller container in, and it looks identical to plant grade. Like it came from the same batch similar. So anyways, because it's food grade, they included this...

20231115_134924.jpg

So if you have ever wondered what's all in kelp meal, now you know😊.

60 elements, 8 vitamins, and 18 amino acids.

Back
Top Bottom