I was reading an article that says if you put 3 chopped up banana peels into a litre of water for 3 days at room temp, stirring frequently, you end up with a solution thats quite high in available phosphorus and available potassium. If opportunity knocks, I'm gonna try this.
I did this for an outdoor grow a few years ago. I did an alfalfa tea for veg and a banana tea for bloom. Wunderbar! I was thinking of it for this grow. I have a bunch of bananas in my freezer meant for smoothies. I could make a banana juice for my ailing plant maybe. What do you think?

I was reading an article that says if you put 3 chopped up banana peels into a litre of water for 3 days at room temp, stirring frequently, you end up with a solution thats quite high in available phosphorus and available potassium. If opportunity knocks, I'm gonna try this.
I used to put banana skins in the top of my stag horns for nutrition so there's probably something to it
Staghorn-Fern-Caring-for-Staghorn-Ferns.jpg

I did this for an outdoor grow a few years ago. I did an alfalfa tea for veg and a banana tea for bloom. Wunderbar! I was thinking of it for this grow. I have a bunch of bananas in my freezer meant for smoothies. I could make a banana juice for my ailing plant maybe. What do you think?
I would love to see it in action. If it works as advertised, thats a great organic fertilizer. I don't know much about it, but if you have used it before, and you decide to try it again, I would love to know all the details, like how you brewed it, and how much you used, etc, and your assessment of it afterwards.

Absorber👊 Hows things? Thats a cool plant. Is it some type of air fern or is there soil in behind it?
Im well 👊hope you are good.
Its off the net that picture, but yea they have no dirt they are wired to a board or a section of tree fern trunk .
Beautiful looking plants

That's the basics behind the Jadam stuff.

I would love to see it in action. If it works as advertised, thats a great organic fertilizer. I don't know much about it, but if you have used it before, and you decide to try it again, I would love to know all the details, like how you brewed it, and how much you used, etc, and your assessment of it afterwards.
Last time I made it using chopped banana peels, soaked in a solution of water and LABs. I don't have a bubbler so I just soaked it. I think that is sufficient. It takes a week or so for the fertilizer to be ready. Do you think there is any point to me trying it on my RR1 plant, the one that looks like it has a Potassium issue?

Last time I made it using chopped banana peels, soaked in a solution of water and LABs. I don't have a bubbler so I just soaked it. I think that is sufficient. It takes a week or so for the fertilizer to be ready. Do you think there is any point to me trying it on my RR1 plant, the one that looks like it has a Potassium issue?
That's pretty much how the article described the process. Just soak it, no bubblers required.

If you don't think it will do any harm, I would love to see you try it. Having a good phosphorus/potassium rescue tool that is that simple would be awesome.

I bet you could make a batch and freeze it to have handy if you needed it.

Good Morning Carmen☕️. It's 2:30 am here and I'm up with insomnia. Hows your day going? Must be almost lunch time on your side of the world.
It is lunch time. Sorry you have insomnia. Can you get back to sleep or do you rather get busy? I have insomnia but it doesn't bother me because I just get busy until daylight or I fall asleep again. I was going to suggest you look at The Weedy Garden on Youtube. Maybe it'll act as a lullaby :)

Back
Top Bottom