Sorry @Gee64, I’m just here tonight to bitch. Wtf man. Where do you get off entering that kind of picture in the PHOTM contest? Way to shut down the contest.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Goddamn that’s a beautiful plant.

:green_heart:

I actually do have a question. For anyone who cares to chime in. I’m thinking about outdoor organic growing. I guess for up to 15 gallons I’d use a pot. But that would be inadequate for a plant that hit the outside end of May beginning of June after being started indoors and set to grow til fall. I’d need more like 40 gallons, right? So the question is, what does one do in that case? Dig a hole and fill with your organic soil? I’m thinking just one huge plant. I want to set her up and let her go mostly. Let her get big big. Like 14’ or however tall she’d get. I have the stealth in PA to do it. I have guys with legs to help me in PA, one of whom has a ton more outdoor experience than I do. I think I can pull it off. So if it’s a hole, would I need to line the hole in some way?

Thanks guys and girls!

Durban Poison - Day 29.

20231106_072206.jpg

20231106_072402.jpg

20231106_072323.jpg

20231106_072441.jpg

20231106_072315.jpg

20231106_072257.jpg

The pots are in a great place for some fish water. The soil surface and mulch is still very loose and fluffy. They are eating the topdressing down quickly.

Gotta start plotting the next 10 days. Time to get all colas into their final positions and get everything as steady and constant as I can now.

Its time to focus on getting to the end uninterrupted.
Time to get all colas into their final positions..

What does this mean exactly? What’s wrong with how they are now?

I actually do have a question. For anyone who cares to chime in. I’m thinking about outdoor organic growing. I guess for up to 15 gallons I’d use a pot. But that would be inadequate for a plant that hit the outside end of May beginning of June after being started indoors and set to grow til fall. I’d need more like 40 gallons, right? So the question is, what does one do in that case? Dig a hole and fill with your organic soil? I’m thinking just one huge plant. I want to set her up and let her go mostly. Let her get big big. Like 14’ or however tall she’d get. I have the stealth in PA to do it. I have guys with legs to help me in PA, one of whom has a ton more outdoor experience than I do. I think I can pull it off. So if it’s a hole, would I need to line the hole in some way?

Thanks guys and girls!
I used some 6 gallon (octopot) and grew some really beautiful plants. Especially some of the autoflowers!! Fill the red....let it suck it up and dry out a little and repeat. Even had a little float to show water level but I always went on the weight of the bags. I was running living soil plus a couple extras. A twenty gallon would definitely give you some trees!! A 40.... Whooaaaa... Good luck Growmie!! 😎✌️

Thanks guys and girls!
@StoneOtter and @Bode both grow organically outdoors and they could probably give you some ideas.

Thanks guys and girls!
I built a 2200 gallon pot and toss all my used soil in it. If you just dug a hole and refilled it with ammended soil you would be fine. I wouldn't line it, I would let the roots grow as deep and as far as they pleased.

edit: If you use synthetics you can grow right out of the HP4 or sunshine mix bag.

Hey Jon, wrapped up my first outdoor grow last month. Learned a lot. No need for a big hole, i used raised beds. Mine are 4ft x 4ft x 1ft tall vinyl beds that sit on the ground. We have gophers so i put down hardware cloth down first, then the raised bed on top. Fill with your favorite organic soil and grow away. I grew two plants that were over 6ft tall and when i chopped them down, i poked around in the raised bed and noticed there was still a lot of room for roots, nothing was rootbound. I also used a neem oil solution for grasshopper and a Bt solution for worm/caterpillars that i sprayed weekly, both in one gallon pump sprayers. Hope thus helps, ket ne jnow if you have any other questions.

Durban Poison - Day 31

20-28 days until senesence.
I should have topdressed yesterday but I got busy so today I will topdress.

UV went to 1' 15" at mid-cycle starting today.
20231108_061451.jpg

Just another forest in British Columbia.

The 4 Pragtige Dames.
20231108_065301.jpg

So small in their 10 gallon homes. Where's Waldo?

20231108_065432.jpg

LC-18. This is the smallest sproutling I have ever seen that appears to be perfectly healthy❤️. You can't tell in the pic's but she's beautiful.

20231108_065412.jpg

Iklwa. The beast. Again, you can't tell in the picture, but she's by far the biggest, and about 3 times the size of LC. The reddish tinge is still evident😍.

20231108_065346.jpg

RVDV. The other redhead. She is an average sized sprout in perfect health with the same reddish tinge.😍.

This sprout has the look of a plant that will be a very easy grow❤️.

20231108_065326.jpg

Wild Lady. She's almost as small as LC-18 but far thicker. This one looks like it could be a really great pheno. A thick stalky sativa is a rare find. Also perfectly healthy. Just very small. This one looks like its just dying to grow hard🥰.

I do know from experience that both sproutling size and seed size mean nothing as to the mature size.

These seeds were on the smaller side of normal but by no means small.

They popped right on schedule, 4 different strains all within 12 hours of each other.

All four look amazingly healthy and robust. They are all processing water really well already, so I am betting they all found myco and linked up to the soil.

Can't ask for better than that!

I used my fingers to till the surface of the seedling pots. The surface was a bit thick from the initial watering of the pots. This is vital when starting seedlings in final containers. You will likely fail if you don't do this.

Cracking that crust allows air in. You can actually see the whole pot relax when you till the top inch to a nice potting soil texture.

Go all the way out to the very outer edges of the pot. Be careful but get in close to the sprouts to relax the soil close to them, bury them up a bit if needed, and now they are good to go.

I will literally dribble water right around them them for at least 5 days in close to get the tap going down.

I will till the surface every day to keep air even, and in about 2 weeks I should be able to start full waterings.

As long as the surface is light and fluffy, air can get in to allow the sogginess of water to literally fall out the bottom of the cloth pot.

If I can get the tap to the bottom it will air prune itself, and its identical to pinching a top.

The tap root hits air, prunes off, and branches grown from top to bottom off the main tap.

The end result is a 10 gallon feather duster. Its a huge engine for a plant.

Its why I start in final pots. A 10 gallon feather duster built in 1 pot is a better rootball than a solo to a 1 gallon to a 10 gallon feather duster.

Good luck Beautiful Ladies, here we go.

Durban Poison - Day 31

20-28 days until senesence.
I should have topdressed yesterday but I got busy so today I will topdress.

UV went to 1' 15" at mid-cycle starting today.
20231108_061451.jpg

Just another forest in British Columbia.

The 4 Pragtige Dames.
20231108_065301.jpg

So small in their 10 gallon homes. Where's Waldo?

20231108_065432.jpg

LC-18. This is the smallest sproutling I have ever seen that appears to be perfectly healthy❤️. You can't tell in the pic's but she's beautiful.

20231108_065412.jpg

Iklwa. The beast. Again, you can't tell in the picture, but she's by far the biggest, and about 3 times the size of LC. The reddish tinge is still evident😍.

20231108_065346.jpg

RVDV. The other redhead. She is an average sized sprout in perfect health with the same reddish tinge.😍.

This sprout has the look of a plant that will be a very easy grow❤️.

20231108_065326.jpg

Wild Lady. She's almost as small as LC-18 but far thicker. This one looks like it could be a really great pheno. A thick stalky sativa is a rare find. Also perfectly healthy. Just very small. This one looks like its just dying to grow hard🥰.

I do know from experience that both sproutling size and seed size mean nothing as to the mature size.

These seeds were on the smaller side of normal but by no means small.

They popped right on schedule, 4 different strains all within 12 hours of each other.

All four look amazingly healthy and robust. They are all processing water really well already, so I am betting they all found myco and linked up to the soil.

Can't ask for better than that!

I used my fingers to till the surface of the seedling pots. The surface was a bit thick from the initial watering of the pots. This is vital when starting seedlings in final containers. You will likely fail if you don't do this.

Cracking that crust allows air in. You can actually see the whole pot relax when you till the top inch to a nice potting soil texture.

Go all the way out to the very outer edges of the pot. Be careful but get in close to the sprouts to relax the soil close to them, bury them up a bit if needed, and now they are good to go.

I will literally dribble water right around them them for at least 5 days in close to get the tap going down.

I will till the surface every day to keep air even, and in about 2 weeks I should be able to start full waterings.

As long as the surface is light and fluffy, air can get in to allow the sogginess of water to literally fall out the bottom of the cloth pot.

If I can get the tap to the bottom it will air prune itself, and its identical to pinching a top.

The tap root hits air, prunes off, and branches grown from top to bottom off the main tap.

The end result is a 10 gallon feather duster. Its a huge engine for a plant.

Its why I start in final pots. A 10 gallon feather duster built in 1 pot is a better rootball than a solo to a 1 gallon to a 10 gallon feather duster.

Good luck Beautiful Ladies, here we go.
Hey Gee, this is exactly why i am so appreciative of you for doing a grow with me. These are things i never heard of nor would have thought of doing. Will finger till the soil when i get home tonight.

Brah. Excellent Afrikaans. You get points for that.
The red is common on those two. It will move deeper into the fans as she progresses and then be gone until flower.
It might come back then but no garuntees.
Yay for 4 out of 4.
Be careful of that wild lady. She grows strong and hard. If you like to top, go right ahead. She will thank you.
The LC-18 will grow quickly too, @StoneOtter s one grew pretty much like I know her to grow.
The other two have shorter nodes and thicker branches.
Pumped to watch you knock them out the park .

Excellent Afrikaans Gee!
Google translate Baby!
congrats on the sproutlings. Are the flowering plants smelling up a storm yet?
Thanks Carmen😊. They actually started getting stinky today🥰.
Hey Gee, this is exactly why i am so appreciative of you for doing a grow with me. These are things i never heard of nor would have thought of doing. Will finger till the soil when i get home tonight.
I'm glad I can help👊 I don't like to tell people how they should grow, I just think out loud for how I do it, and if that helps someone else out, Perfect!
Brah. Excellent Afrikaans. You get points for that.
The red is common on those two. It will move deeper into the fans as she progresses and then be gone until flower.
It might come back then but no garuntees.
Here's hoping🤞 I love red/maroon/pink colors.
Yay for 4 out of 4.
That's exactly what I said!, sure wish I could remember who I got these seeds from, they seem pretty good🤣
Be careful of that wild lady. She grows strong and hard. If you like to top, go right ahead. She will thank you.
I do love topping🥰
The LC-18 will grow quickly too, @StoneOtter s one grew pretty much like I know her to grow.
She looked very much like some of the Durban pheno's I have had go through my tent. It's the plant that actually caught my eye to try these genetics🙏
The other two have shorter nodes and thicker branches.
Pumped to watch you knock them out the park .
I should have a pretty good chance. If my current grow develops deficiencies I can be preventative to get these Gals through.

Back
Top Bottom