Swick, Soil, Photos - Multi Strain

Day 53 above ground, day 8 since flip
girls stretched rom 20-22 inches at flip to 30-33 inches in 8 days! They are getti g too big for tent as some are also 30" wide. I was gone for 5 days, they did well.

I replaced all the wicks with new ones as all three big girls were growing into the wick. The "X" pattern was the worst so I also made it the square pattern. It's been 12 days since I last cleaned wicks and 6 days since lifting pot

Top is square and bottom is "x" patterns
20240816_103411.jpg

Also removed some lower branches that will not reach the canopy and pitched off some lower bud sites as well.

20240816_095801.jpg
20240816_112701.jpg

Front right, Gelato OG
20240816_100555.jpg
20240816_100550.jpg

Back right Cookies kush
20240816_105524.jpg
20240816_105534.jpg

Bakc left cookies kush
20240816_102500.jpg
20240816_102507.jpg

Feeding as follows:
Front right: GH trio-nebula formula
5ml Micro
5ml grow
5ml bloom

Back right: Shed formula
5.8ml micro
10.5ml grow
.9g epsom salt

Back left: MC, 5.25g and 1ml calmag

Front left: she's younger but boosted her to 5g MC

It was a pain moving the plants in and out as they have gotten so big. I may switch to top watering as the wicks are still getting full of roots in a short time. Granted, they missed their "dry day" while away ....not sure that accounted for so much root growth into the wicks.

They did well in your absence Tim!

How come they missed their dry day? You have someone water them for you?

They did well in your absence Tim!

How come they missed their dry day? You have someone water them for you?
I filled the bases before leaving so they would have enough water for the trip, so they didn't get that 24hrs of dry time before the bases were "refilled." I have the XL bases that hold 2 gallons. I had been doing 1 gal at a time, let it go dry, refill

I filled the bases before leaving so they would have enough water for the trip, so they didn't get that 24hrs of dry time before the bases were "refilled." I have the XL bases that hold 2 gallons. I had been doing 1 gal at a time, let it go dry, refill
Ahh, I forgot you've got the big bases. :Rasta:

Looking at this picture, I'm realizing a few other things. They may not have any real relevance, but interesting.

Top 4 are the "square" pattern with the original wicks that came with the kit. The bottom two are the "x" pattern with replacement wicks from the zon. Also, the top 4 wicks were MC and the bottom two were GH trio.

The bottom wicks fed with liquid nutes, are still bright white, but also a different "kind" of wick.

I may.order some original wicks to do the X pattern from the hell of it.

Screenshot_20240817_170356_Chrome.jpg

Hey @Grand Daddy Black

Did you scrape roots off the bottom on the fabric pot? I read where some people do, wondering if that gives me more time before roots attach. I have not scraped and feel the roots attaching again after just two days

Hey @Grand Daddy Black

Did you scrape roots off the bottom on the fabric pot? I read where some people do, wondering if that gives me more time before roots attach. I have not scraped and feel the roots attaching again after just two days
I never have done any scraping, Tim.

Adjusted how the light is hung so I can raise it another 6"....as high as it will go. Girls are now 35"-36" with the back right a little taller. They are really filling up this tent!

20240819_070746.jpg
20240819_070734.jpg

The front left, the youngest, is lanky and grow...like a weed :)

If I.need room in the tent she may go outside. Speaking of outside, the little side project girl weathered 50mph winds pretty well. Here she was just after the storm

20240817_182017.jpg

Straightening up now. Also noticing white dots on the leaves.
20240819_074937.jpg
20240819_074925.jpg

day 58 above ground, day 13 flower

these girls are drinking like crazy as well as still stretching. Most are 33"-35" tall with some of the tallest branches being 40" tall. They have nearly doubled in height.....I sure hope they stop!!! I'm running out of room and this is a 6.5' tall tent.
20240821_160700.jpg
20240821_162442.jpg

I filled them up on 8/19 at 5pm with 1 gal in the bases. Today, 8/21 this morning, about 38hrs after watering, there was just a little water in base. This afternoon they are wilting from dryness, especially the back left girl. I'm not sure I can give them a "dry" period before refilling bases. I may also have to put 2 gals in each base as they are drinking so much

Back left.
20240821_160641.jpg
20240821_160949.jpg

The other solution, when I remove them from the tent this weekend to do one last trim job, I may switch to topwatering and let the runoff get sucked back up from the bases.

Also, switched to flowering nute formula for all.

Front right GH trio nebula formula
20240821_162029.jpg

GH trio shed formula...her leaves look the best shade of green.
20240821_162034.jpg

The back left girl, the wilted one, is MC. Her shade of green looks good too and so far I'm not having that calcium/magnesium deficiency. I think the dolomite lime really helped.

The front left girl, weeks younger, is stretching so badly and has such long node spacing and few bud sites....she may get pulled from the tent. I need room and she will not produce much. She may go outside and hope she doesn't reveg or she may get trashed. Idk.

I'll have alot on my hands with these girls!

Looking good Tim!

I think I might be trying to get one of them out of there too. It's tight! :Rasta:

13 days post flip or post pistils? If it's post flip they may not be done yet
13 days since flipping to 12/12.

Two of them are on risers in am attempt to even the canopy. I can gain 4" or so of clearance to those but the Shed formula girl is on the ground, she's thr tallest.

day 61 above ground, day 16 since flip

thankfully they are not stretching as quickly, but still getting taller. The past few days, I would go into the dark basement and not see any light coming out the vent flaps....decided to do my 3 week flower defoliation a little early hoping it stunts their vertical growth :)
20240824_115114.jpg

Happy to report, it's been 10 days since I removed from.bases, all with the square pattern now. While the roots stuck to the wicks, they weren't bad at all.

Gelato OG: Front right, has the most foliage and got the biggest trim as well as removing a few satellite branches that were below the canopy. She's the short girl at 33"

Before
20240824_115838.jpg

After. I did leave on the lower fans below the bud sites

20240824_124702.jpg
20240824_124710.jpg

20240824_124731.jpg

Cookies kush...back left
Not as much to remove so it was just a few fans and satellites. She's 37 inches tall
After defoliation.
20240824_130856~2.jpg
20240824_125228~2.jpg

Interesting with both cookies kush, especially the back right, shed formula, their branches are very flimsy. Literally a main branch from the back right fell right over.when I removed the plant infront of it. Is it a good idea to.add silica during flower??

acupulco gold, front left.
This one is 53" tall, the youngest, and not.even forming budlets. She's being pulled from the tent. Not.sure of she will go outside, worried about neighbors. She may.just get composted.
20240824_143206.jpg

Even with 3 plants in the tent....a bit crowded
20240824_142051.jpg

20240824_142057.jpg

Good news with 3 plants in the tent, I can get in there more easily and lift the pots from the bases daily now

They all look stellar Tim. You're growing 'em like I try to grow em'!

However, if composting was my only option for the AP then I'd put her back in the tent, crowd be damned. There's no way I'd cull that beauty! :Rasta:

Looking forward!

They all look stellar Tim. You're growing 'em like I try to grow em'!

However, if composting was my only option for the AP then I'd put her back in the tent, crowd be damned. There's no way I'd cull that beauty! :Rasta:

Looking forward!
Haha. I know. But she's going to grow into the light eventually. Maybe I'll leave her. She will help support the others haha

Haha. I know. But she's going to grow into the light eventually. Maybe I'll leave her. She will help support the others haha
You could supercrop her (maybe), or you could chop some of her tops down.

I know it's easy for me to say 'cause I'm not the one that's there having to deal with them.

But I'm saying it anyway! :Rasta:

You could supercrop her (maybe), or you could chop some of her tops down.

I know it's easy for me to say 'cause I'm not the one that's there having to deal with them.

But I'm saying it anyway! :Rasta:
I was wondering about super cropping. She's showing a decent amount of pistils but no budlets. I feel it's safe....but I don't know ha

I was wondering about super cropping. She's showing a decent amount of pistils but no budlets. I feel it's safe....but I don't know ha
Safe? Why worry? You were thinking of composting her. 😁

BTW, I'm fairly certain it's safe.

Safe? Why worry? You were thinking of composting her. 😁

BTW, I'm fairly certain it's safe.
Great point! She's already back in the tent. With her branches being flimsy, and room tight, I wrapped a bunch of pipe cleaners around her perimeter.....takes up less space. Her node spacing is large and not many leaves so she can be very vertical.

I'm reading about super cropping and might just do it. I also have those red bendy clips I might try.

If she hermits or looks like shit in flower....I'm compost her ha

Back
Top Bottom