Swick, Soil, Photos - Multi Strain

While you wait for the lime, water some soil and slurry test it tomorrow and see if it's different!

Did you order the Espoma dolomite lime? That's what I use.
I ordered this stuff....seemed the most basic without other additives.
Screenshot_20240707_170611_Chrome.jpg

Day 14

the girls were transplanted into their find home....7 gal fabric pots. Added 1.5 tablespoons of dolomite lime per gallon of soil. Added some Dynomyco to the transplant hole as well. All.were watered with 48oz of water. Roots are looking good and transplanting went off without a hiccup ;)
20240708_143824.jpg
20240708_144159.jpg

20240708_151054.jpg

On Wednesday morning they will get a bump in nutes to 2.5MC and 2.5ml of GH as well as watered to runoff. Feel I'm a little behind schedule based on nodes...not weeks. One girl is starting her 4th node and the other two their 3 node. Node spacing is really tight on all.

The late comers are both looking good too. That G13 Haze is small, last one didn't grow right. I guess after 2 years, maybe almost 3 years, they aren't as viable. She will go outside I believe.
20240708_151047.jpg

My new MC bag came in, different NPK from the last bag ordered in February, both direct from MC. I swear, all the bags I've bought over the years have different NPK ratios and other ingredients....how do they expect folks to get this right when they keep changing formulas!!! Grrrr.

Last bag was 9-7-14. New bag is 11-5-14. Magnesium was cut in half with the new bag too. Glad I added the dolomite lime.

5 month old bag
20240708_152149.jpg
20240708_152156.jpg

New bag
20240708_152124.jpg

Glad I'm trying GH trio: grow bloom micro, on two of the plants....they keep their formula consistent. Hope it works well for me as it's my first time using liquid nutes.

Full speed ahead!

Crazy how MC keeps cycling through formulas, and they've been at it for years! I'd use epsom salt for the magnesium rather than relying on the lime if you see a Mg deficiency start to show up.

Nice job on the transplants! I'd say both the babies look fine and dandy, older seeds or not. 80% of my seed collection is over three years old (stored in the fridge) so I'd rather not have to throw them all out. :eek:

Thanks! Mine stay in the cool basement near the foundation wall...stays in the low 60s year round.

I sent greenleaf a little note about the change in formula. Seems high in N for flower. I think of the two plants using MC, one may get just the old bag and one just the new bag and see what happens.

I tried the epsom salt once before but I was already a bit late and showing deficiencies. I'm hoping with the dolomite lime I won't have to use.cal/mag too....we shall see :)

Day 17 above ground

these girls seem to be growing very quickly. Two are starting their 4th node and one their 5th node. Tight node spacing on all too. Double.checked the packaging...says they are photo period ha.
20240711_073859.jpg
20240711_073904.jpg

Two were fed GH Flora Trio:
Micro: 2.5ml
Bloom: 2.5ml
Gro: 2.5ml
Silica: 2ml (will use every other watering in veg)

The other was fed MC: 2.5g

I decided to use the new bag formula in veg since it's higher N. Of course, in MC fashion, it looks completely different
20240711_072643.jpg

The big girls were watered to runoff today
20240711_073721.jpg

The babies. The G13 is still struggling. She had 2oz water yesterday and didn't drink much. The Acapulco Gold had her cup filled
20240711_073724.jpg

All good it seems.

All good indeed. :thumb:

I kinda like the gray powder compared to the brown. Balls look the same as v2 though!

full

Does is still smell like a barnyard?
I don't recall the smell, so I'll say it doesn't smell bad haha. Next feeding I'll be sure to take a good wiff :)

If you can't remember the smell then they've definitely improved it! My wife stopped me from mixing it in the kitchen and it's not allowed in the house. :)
My fiance said the same of GF. It certainly puts off an odor the first few days

The Mrs. said GF had an outhouse smell and no more please! The "please" part was just a formality. :)

I'm using FOOP organic nutes on my first solo outdoor grow and that stuff smells worst the GF by a longshot, IMO!

Day 30 above ground

Its been a hell of a week between a work trip and funeral. I was in airports for hours and when that didn't work, drove over 32hrs in the past few days. One day home, for just a few hours, in the past 8 days. Just enough time to water the girls and top them after the 5th node.

Glad to see the girls were all looking good. Late on training but started that today. I think it's too late to.quadline, maybe on the one that's a few weeks behind.
20240724_152853.jpg

Not seeing a difference yet with MC and GH nutes. Right side is GH and left is MC.

GH trio: 2.5ml of Grow Bloom Micro. 2ml silica

MC: 4g, 2ml silica. It's the newest MC crop----unless they changed formulas again in the past few weeks :)

Also put them on the self watering bases. The diameter wick I bought on Amazon is thicker than the wick line that came with the bases. I.went with something I read online and seemed liked a good idea. With different wick diameters, I did different patterns. I want more water delivery to the bottom of the fabric pots.

Thinner diameter went this way, instructions says it gives more water and @Grand Daddy Black did well that way
20240724_133930.jpg

The thicker wicks went criss cross again. I can change any if them, and will replace wicks every 6 weeks....so let me do some testing to see what works best.
20240724_133055.jpg

So far so good. Watered about 1/3gal in top and rest in the based. I soaked the wicks first a d also watered the outside of the fabric pot when filling g bases.

Day 32 above ground

yes, its only been two days since the last update. I.was shocked to see with the last watering they drank all of the 2/3 gal in bases. Last time it took a week for them to start drinking from the bases.

Filled them up with the same nute levels, 1 gal each this time. Let's see how fast they drink.

Did some more training too. The back right Cookies Kush is 17" tall. Seeing alternating nodes start in very few places.
20240726_171630.jpg

I do feel like something is not 100% with the hooked leaves and odd color/hue of the new growth (I'm colorblind)
20240726_175153.jpg

day 35 above ground

did some more training, rotsting of the pots, and adjusting the light as they continue to grow vertically.

20240729_085937.jpg

The two General Hydroponics trio plants are looking a tad off. The leaf edges are turned up and the front right one is looking a little pale. I increased nutes on her but now im.second guessing. I've been feeding half strength every watering and not sure if that's correct or not. Of course the detailed article with feed chart that I've been following doesn't specify feed every watering or not :)

Also coincides when I moved to watering from.base. they are definitely drinking 1 gal every 2 days via the base, but maybe not getting all the nutes needed that way?

Is it just me and my colorblind ass that thinks the tops along the right of the top plant are looking a little pale?
20240729_085808.jpg

Some more from both GH fed plants.
20240729_085825.jpg
20240729_085905.jpg
20240729_085850.jpg

I so want to try an organic grow....but no way my girl goes for that. She's didn't say please either :)
If you are growing organic and in at least 7 gallon pots, you only need to top dress with compost/worm castings every 30 days or so. In my opinion you could just ditch the nutes all together. If you really want to add stuff try the Build A Soil Craft Bend and Build A Bloom in the monthly top dress. No odor, and you won't hurt your plants.
I guess this may not be the same for SWICK plants as it would require you to occasionally top water to get the benefit from top dress. It would help prevent getting your reservoir dirty though.

Hey TIm.

Judging hues from pics is kinda' hard, but to me the smallest of the 4 plants looks a little pale (and maybe the one directly behind it). I don't know if those two are the GH plants or not. And I'm not sure if they're really pale or they just look that way because of the camera and lighting.

If you contact GH they will tell you how often they recommend feeding. I'm using their Maxi series and the chart says nothing about frequency but the bags containing the nutes say "apply once or twice weekly." Have you read your bottles thoroughly?

Your plants look healthy! :Rasta:

I just reread the bottles again, doesn't say anything about frequency of use. The feed schedule I'm using calls for 1/2 strength nutes from manufacturer recommendation....maybe I'm OK every watering

The twonon the left, the small one and the one behind sre MC. I just upped their dosages to 3.5g and 4.5g respectively as I thiught they were a tad light too.

I plan to defoliate this weekend and flip later next week. Waiting on the late comer little one to produce it's 5th node.

Back
Top Bottom