Sweetsue's First Grow - Stealthy Trio of Autos Under CFLs

Doc,
How about a new thread. For respectful discussion and debate on living soil, and what living soil means, on no till organics, kit, on what feed the soil not the plant means, and whatever else comes up. That way we don't clutter anyone else's threads. What'dya think?

Maybe the mycos attached to the cover crop provide nutrients that the new plant can use before it develops its own network?

That's ok, I'm still researching it. :cheesygrinsmiley: I'll eventually find out. I just thought you folks would know.

:Namaste:

The mycos attached to the cover crop are beneficial to the new transplant?? :hmmmm:

I wasn't aware that they could sever themselves from one plant and attach to another.

It's more along the lines of restructuring or changing jobs. The network is interconnected in the same way you are one connected unit of fibers and cells from your skin surface to your core and the universe appears to be one interconnected netting. When we harvest, the roots remaining in the soil begin to die. I'm not really certain what happens to the part of the network directly attached, but it wouldn't surprise me at all to find they they realign their awareness to living roots from surrounding plant life. Regardless, the maintenance of living mulch assures an active, established community of myco all ready to go when the next seed germinates.

Maybe the mycos attached to the cover crop provide nutrients that the new plant can use before it develops its own network?

You are close to the answer, if not spot on. I'm new to this as well. We're learning together. What I did learn in my readings is that myco attached to different host plant will share resources to meet the needs of the overall plant community. Over distances that would surprise you.

Up to 8 miles have been measured! :thedoubletake:

Think of that a minute. Now think of how much that intelligence, confined to a 7 gallon pot, would benefit from being minimally disturbed. I like the challenge. It means I have to be methodical. In the same way you accept the responsibility with a conventional "pet" you take on a responsibility to continue to provide the soil the necessary building blocks to carry on the good work of growing top quality cannabis. :love:

I know this will sound silly, but I want to support a community of little earthlings that work together in their own ways to give favor and care to my favorite plant. I hope to be able to achieve that goal by letting them do it their way, given the raw materials I have thoughtfully included for them. Yeah, it's that Mother Earth thing. I tolerate - no, encourage - spiders too. :laughtwo::green_heart:

:laughtwo: :high-five:

I think of them as little bots. :cheesygrinsmiley: My own personal minions. :laughtwo:

I get to be my own Despicable Me. :;):

(LOVE spiders BTW - I've kept a couple big ones as pet bug killers - sprinkle a little water on their house from time to time ... keep abreast of their scrap piles, etc. :blushsmile:)

oh boy, spiders, sheesh,, hard for me and the missus to tolerate them nasties,, and since moving in to this house last spring,, we have been killing black widows like crazy. not since winter but, wow, i bet we got 15 near our doors last year. and i know a fella who lives in the same general area and he did too last year. now, black widows are very cool, indeed, and beautiful,, but,, please let last year be a one of,, please,,

i just love reading the love you have for your soil and plants sue,, brightens my day,, cheers

I have no problem with the spirited discussion going on here. I think it's important to be open about different styles of growing. We all have our favored style and no one's trying to recruit or disparage. We're trying to come to a better understanding.

We may benefit from a breather, but I don't want us to ever stop questioning and learning. I've learned much in the last two days.

:laughtwo: :high-five:

I think of them as little bots. :cheesygrinsmiley: My own personal minions. :laughtwo:

I get to be my own Despicable Me. :;):

(LOVE spiders BTW - I've kept a couple big ones as pet bug killers - sprinkle a little water on their house from time to time ... keep abreast of their scrap piles, etc. :blushsmile:)

You made me laugh right out loud! :laughtwo:

oh boy, spiders, sheesh,, hard for me and the missus to tolerate them nasties,, and since moving in to this house last spring,, we have been killing black widows like crazy. not since winter but, wow, i bet we got 15 near our doors last year. and i know a fella who lives in the same general area and he did too last year. now, black widows are very cool, indeed, and beautiful,, but,, please let last year be a one of,, please,,

i just love reading the love you have for your soil and plants sue,, brightens my day,, cheers

I'll second that hope nivek. They are beautiful, but in excess it'd be difficult to stay out of their way.

The best treatment I have found for black widows on the back porch it to install a bird feeder and encourage wild birds to visit.

thanks rad, I just can't read your name without thinking of those silly wabbits.

first, sue, so off topic, sorry, though spiders are nature blah blah

such an interesting post rad, got me thinking for a couple of reasons. we do feed the birds though are reluctant to go overboard because we heve cats as well, and though we tell them not to, what kid ever listens to their parent? but the point of my point is tha we feed the birds, and have some takers, finches mostly, and, though they are around, we get zero sparrows in our big yard. zero, and they are around. never have I lived anywhere where house sparrows were not the predominant species at our feeders, and tons of em.

so there can only be one reason,

the black widow spiders are eating the sparrows

thanks rad, I just can't read your name without thinking of those silly wabbits.

first, sue, so off topic, sorry, though spiders are nature blah blah

such an interesting post rad, got me thinking for a couple of reasons. we do feed the birds though are reluctant to go overboard because we heve cats as well, and though we tell them not to, what kid ever listens to their parent? but the point of my point is tha we feed the birds, and have some takers, finches mostly, and, though they are around, we get zero sparrows in our big yard. zero, and they are around. never have I lived anywhere where house sparrows were not the predominant species at our feeders, and tons of em.

so there can only be one reason,

the black widow spiders are eating the sparrows

"EATING THE SPARROWS" LOL

The wife and daughter spotted a raven at the front of the lane this morning. They eat sparrows!
I saw a raven in Arizona take 6 sparrows hiding under Spanish tile roof in about 15 seconds.

This place is the first place I have lived without a lot of sparrows. Except for winter when we get black over white Junco (a type of sparrow) and a few 5-stripe sparrows that flock with them. We don't get the common house sparrow and house finch. I think they are city and suburb birds. :)

"EATING THE SPARROWS" LOL

The wife and daughter spotted a raven at the front of the lane this morning. They eat sparrows!
I saw a raven in Arizona take 6 sparrows hiding under Spanish tile roof in about 15 seconds.

This place is the first place I have lived without a lot of sparrows. Except for winter when we get black over white Junco (a type of sparrow) and a few 5-stripe sparrows that flock with them. We don't get the common house sparrow and house finch. I think they are city and suburb birds. :)

I remember living in DC as a kid and hawk swooped down and grabbed a sparrow after we threw out some bird feed on the patio...felt guilty after that one.

Also found the remains of an exotic bird on a parking deck earlier this year. People and their pets... :(

Daily Update: Day 64 (THC Bomb Auto) & Day 63 (Buddha Magnum Auto)

A quarter turn to evenly distribute the light access. Each plant got a drench of chloramine-free water with aloe vera juice and coconut water added. I used 1/4 cup of each added to a half gallon of treated water and then split it between them. They both took about a quart to top off the reservoirs.

image19019.jpg

The breeder info on the Bomb said 65 days from seed, and it looks like she'll be ready in about another week. I noticed this morning that her pistils have all begun to lay down as they turn rust and pull back. She looks like she just stepped out of a shower or climbed out of a pool. :laughtwo:

image19020.jpg

Buddha still has some dancing left in her. Her pistils are still reaching up.

image19021.jpg

This little bud on the Bomb asked to be photographed. :blushsmile:

image19022.jpg

I just love the way Buddha sparkles in the light.

image19023.jpg

I pulled out the loop and took a close look at the trichomes. The Bomb's are beginning to race into milkiness. Still a large quantity of clear and no signs of amber yet. Buddha's are just beginning to turn milky. Buddha's look like they're on steroids! All the trichomes I looked at were strongly structured. No wimpy trichomes here at all from what I can see.

I took a couple shots of the main colas to look for subtle Backbuilding. I know, it's too early to tell. :laughtwo:

image19024.jpg

image19025.jpg

Before my next grow gets to this point I should have some kind of scrubber running. The smell is a major distraction. :laughtwo::green_heart:

This happy gardener wishes all of you a wonderful Saturday. Spread the joy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom