Sweetsue's First Grow - Stealthy Trio of Autos Under CFLs

You can get a scrubber and inline fan combo on amazon for not too much.

VenTech IF4CF412 4" Inline Duct Fan 190 CFM w/ Virgin Charcoal Carbon Filter Combo

1666932260706.png

You can get a scrubber and inline fan combo on amazon for not too much.

VenTech IF4CF412 4" Inline Duct Fan 190 CFM w/ Virgin Charcoal Carbon Filter Combo

This is actually the one I'm looking at. I keep thinking about making my own, but part of me thinks it's crazy to do that when I can get this and just set it up. I'll probably hold off until July when I get mad money and we build a proper box. That means one more grow with the open closet. Not such a bad thing. We never get company up here (that 40 steps is intimidating to most) so it's just us.

I have both the filter and the fan. I thought the filter would be terrible but its been doing fairly well. No smells outside my cabinet. I would also check with any local hydro shops. They can sometimes give you a better deal.

I was also looking at this Phresh filter. It would fit that fan, but its 4" shorter, and its just better quality over all. Phresh Filter 4 in x 8 in 150 CFM

1666932196690.png

More than anything though I would look at getting a good fan controller. The average cheap fan controller actually can damage your fan, shortening its life span in the process. In some cases it will even cause an audible whine when the fan is on. They work by pulsing the motor to keep it at a certain speed. Whereas if you get one of these you are getting very finite speed control and a constant signal to the fan motor rather than a pulse. EX ELECTRONIX EXPRESS Variable Transformer, 300 VAC Max, 0-130V Output, 3 Amp

1666932225040.png

I plan on purchasing one before my next grow. Since I don't have money to continuously replace fans, and if I were to ever get a nicer fan, it would be great to have one.

I'm quite flattered Rad. Thrilled for you too. You will be shocked at how easy it is to grow them in this soil. You have better lights than I. Exciting!!

This stuff all adds up though :(

I need to get a around $100 worth of amendments, possibly the transformer I shared, new batch of seeds, and most likely an LED light...my set up will be pretty finalized then but it sure sucks to keep spending money.

:laughtwo: The never-ending list. I watched my mother long enough to know that the list always grows. I still need to pay the monthly bills to see if I can afford the seeds and I don't think I want to put off the Agsil until next month, so I'll go over the limit again. Oh well. I'm trying to decide between building another space or getting an LED as my next big expense. That's after the scrubber, of course. See? It never really stops. As soon as you get it all together you begin to plan on expansion or upgrading. There's always another tantalizing new strain to try. :laughtwo: :green_heart:

Look into Mars Hydro Lights. They are full spectrum without any wasted UV diodes. I'm looking at this one LED Grow Light 100x3w - Mars Hydro. Alot of people are using them - even Soilgirl - and they are doing great with them!

They are small enough that you can still supplement with cfl's if you want.

But I know what you mean about expansion. I'm contemplating making a curing/clone chamber in one of the side compartments of my cab. :) It could work right?! Totally necessary!

Damn right growers are always expanding. I just did 4 videos in my garden layout thread two of which show a 75 Sq ft expansion on my bloom room which required 400$ for Damn climagrow to move one of my mini split head units.

I've been growing 17 years and started with 1 light if you just count bulbs I'm well over 80 now.

Damn right growers are always expanding. I just did 4 videos in my garden layout thread two of which show a 75 Sq ft expansion on my bloom room which required 400$ for Damn climagrow to move one of my mini split head units.

I've been growing 17 years and started with 1 light if you just count bulbs I'm well over 80 now.

Jesus christ Dutty, I don't even want to see your electric bill. Where are you located?

A serious grower Dutty. :Namaste:

See ClosedCurcuit? It never stops. You guys had me howling. :rofl:

Yeah. I'm a collective garden. I've had local authorities tour and it's good to go been running a few years but are being forced into recreational growing do to them trying to shut down medical do to there lost revenue.

Back
Top Bottom