Sweetsue's First Grow - Stealthy Trio of Autos Under CFLs

I have no plans to expand my grow ever. I'm just happy to produce my own and save a lot of money. Last I calculated it out I purchased over $3K in cannabis/year for my own personal use (when not growing). And that's in CO where black market herb is pretty cheap compared to most other areas of the country. I can buy, if I wanted to, an ounce of real serious herb for $175 nowadays.

All my equipment/ electric/ building materials/ seeds/ are cheap in comparison to buying the stuff.

This is a seriously rewarding hobby, and I love my hobbies.

Edit:
Expanding is cool, and making a living off growing cannabis is cool, just not for everybody.
Who knows, I could eat my words someday.

I have no plans to expand my grow ever. I'm just happy to produce my own and save a lot of money. Last I calculated it out I purchased over $3K in cannabis/year for my own personal use (when not growing). And that's in CO where black market herb is pretty cheap compared to most other areas of the country. I can buy, if I wanted to, an ounce of real serious herb for $175 nowadays.

All my equipment/ electric/ building materials/ seeds/ are cheap in comparison to buying the stuff.

This is a seriously rewarding hobby, and I love my hobbies.

Edit:
Expanding is cool, and making a living off growing cannabis is cool, just not for everybody.
Who knows, I could eat my words someday.

Easy for you to say lol. You just built a barn for all your plants. :adore:

Once we've constructed a decent grow box my garden stays at that size. Maybe someday, if sanity ever takes control and we legalize this plant, I could be persuaded to operate a co-op for patients, but my chief goal was to remove the financial strain caused by black market prices. Here in the Commonwealth that same ounce of something that approaches what I can grow myself runs over $300. I don't want to be content with "just enough" either. I believe I should be able to eventually have a stock to pull from so there is a continuous supply with choices.

My hope is to become self-sufficient. It's going to be a challenge, considering my current space constraints and the fact that I grow for two, but I believe this soil made it more likely to overcome the challenge. That it would become a passion caught me by surprise. It will, in time, free up a significant amount of family resources. These are only start-up costs. I don't spend more on my gardening hobby than I budget for Dale's train obsession or our daughter's painting and art supplies. Hobbies are important. Being forced into retirement by family health challenges, this hobby saved my sanity. Studying organic gardening actually takes more of my time at this point than anything else. :laughtwo::green_heart:

Which commonwealth state hmm?

I want a variety too...I've been fantasizing about rifling through my stash, "should I go with the 6 month aged strawberry sour diesel or the three month Californian orange...the choices the choices." :D

Of course I shouldn't, for my safety, really share that I'm growing with more than a couple really trusted people...which is kind of sad.

Daily Update: Day 65 (THC Bomb Auto) & Day 64 (Buddha Magnum Auto

Let's begin with a little pest control. Before I realized what I'd done by ignoring the fungus gnats they established themselves in Dale's carnivorous plant collection. Not a responsible move on my part and now it was a problem instead of just an annoyance. With my garden my only concern is finding them stuck to my trichomes. Letting them run a mock through the Nepenthes meant I was going to have to deal with them or we'd never be without their presence.

Yesterday the mosquito dunk pods came in the mail. Yahoo!!!

image19074.jpg

Gather supplies. - dunk pods, watering can, treated water, scissors

image19075.jpg

According to the treatment guidelines I only need about 1/4 of a package. These are water soluble pods, so with a larger need you could simply drop one into a bucket. I'd considered sprinkling the contents on the surface, but with my mulches, watering it in seems a better choice.

image19076.jpg

Let's cut the corner of one open.

image19077.jpg

It only takes a little bit.

image19078.jpg

Sprinkled into the watering can and left to sit overnight.

image19079.jpg

This morning I did a careful drench on all household plants. I think I'll repeat this application every week, indefinitely. These are very inexpensive. They were less than. $6 for the package.

Now, on to the girls. I took a couple interesting shots just as the day was beginning to break. They look spectacular in the dark too.

image19064.jpg

The frostiness shows up in a dramatic way in the dark, no?

image19065.jpg

Even in the dark Buddha shimmers. :love:

image19067.jpg

It's only been a couple days since I did Backbuilding, but I can see noticeable changes in the shape of the colas. Very subtle at this stage. We still have another week or so to watch before harvest.

Some views of the Bomb's main cola:

image19056.jpg

image19057.jpg

image19058.jpg

Looking underneath we can see that the popcorn buds haven't started to change yet, so I'm figuring another week, minimum. Just a guess on my part. Sometimes. I have to remind myself that this is my first real grow. :laughtwo:

image19059.jpg

Buddha hasn't yet begun to roll into the last dance. She's still actively growing pistils.

image19061.jpg

image19062.jpg

I never tire of this view. I've been considering making one of her shots like this my avatar. Still thinking about it. The Desert Rose I use now is one of my favorite house plants. It lives next door in my daughter's apartment over the winters. I used it as my avatar to remind myself to water it. I forget all winter long and it barely makes it through and then rewards my neglect with an explosion of blossoms every summer.

image19063.jpg

One last parting shot before breakfast.

image19055.jpg

Time to wake the Lord and Master. Sundays we have coffee with breakfast. Mmmmmm. Have a wonderful. Sunday everyone. :green_heart:

:Namaste:

:laughtwo:
Oh wait are you living in the mountains west of Harrisonburg? Your location in your profile suddenly made more sense to me.

Edit: Or rather west of Staunton?

West of the Alleghenys. In the heart of Steeler Country. Where Penguins fly.

Oh wait are you living in the mountains west of Harrisonburg? Your location in your profile suddenly made more sense to me.

Edit: Or rather west of Staunton?

Hey ClosedCircuit, sorry I started playing that game with you.... I don't want anyone outted.
I figured my guess was going to be 90% wrong so it was safe.. and I was trying to be clever.
Spy museum... old Mad magazine, spy vs spy

Anyway, I don't want anyone outed... so sorry I went down that road.

Which commonwealth state hmm?

I want a variety too...I've been fantasizing about rifling through my stash, "should I go with the 6 month aged strawberry sour diesel or the three month Californian orange...the choices the choices." :D

Of course I shouldn't, for my safety, really share that I'm growing with more than a couple really trusted people...which is kind of sad.

You are almost there! All it takes is excess harvest, storage jars, and Boveda 62 packs for freshness :circle-of-love:

Hey ClosedCircuit, sorry I started playing that game with you.... I don't want anyone outted.
I figured my guess was going to be 90% wrong so it was safe.. and I was trying to be clever.

Dont worry about it. Its not a huge secret. I'm sure if you read through my past posts you could piece it together. If i was going to get busted just for posting photos the popo could have just checked my ip address. They have bigger fish to fry.

Dont worry about it. Its not a huge secret. I'm sure if you read through my past posts you could piece it together. If i was going to get busted just for posting photos the popo could have just checked my ip address. They have bigger fish to fry.

I know! Once my next grow is done ill have a nice little set up going.

No concerns here Rad. We live in America dammit!:laughtwo::green_heart:

I am ultimately shielded by the sheer masses of fellow citizens crammed into our megapolis. Cautious, yet coy. :winkyface:

The other day, when I clipped the cola tops for Backbuilding, we smoked them after a process I call "quick dry". I dropped them into a custard dish, tossed them into the oven, turned it on for 220 degrees (Fahrenheit) and walked away for 15 minutes. Something like a popcorn bud I would give about 20-30 minutes. It dries and decarboxilates at the same time. It's green smoking, and I know it's not a fair representation of the dried and cured mature harvest, but we've all done it. Couldn't waste it now, could we?

It was only two hits apiece, small at that, but it was a pleasant, relaxed buzz, all on its own.

Well, now we needed to try just a tiny popcorn bud from the Bomb. She's close now, and we understand it's no comparison, but it's like a "hello" when you know the desired conversation won't be continued for another while, but that's ok. The tiniest bud snapped right off, quick dried in 20 minutes and delivered 4 hits each and a very decent, relaxed and mellow effect.

You know we had to test Buddha, just to be fair. I searched long for a popcorn bud, and when I reached under to snip it off, this is what she gave me.

image19085.jpg

Shocked me too. This was clipped from the very bottom, all the way back next to the stem.

Looking closer you can see trichomes, merrily setting up production studios.

image19086.jpg

But go back to that first picture. Look at the vigor of the branches, the obvious health of the leaves. Wow!

image19085.jpg

This was from the deepest part of the plant, mind you. If you could clone autos ..........

Good genetics, excellent soil, good lighting, constant supply of water, regular amendments, love. All working together for success.

Buddha's sacrifice - green though it was - gave a happy, laughing experience, helped along by a visit to the off topic threads and this particular one.

I'm still laughing. :green_heart:

just a tiny little bit,, ha, that is funny as heck,, you are so right, who has not done it? of course, least in my case,, the flood gate would now be slightly open,, that never ever ends well for me, ever,, best of luck to you sue

These are different nivek, or so I've told us. :laughtwo: I soooo know what you mean.

ive dealt with gnats before and theyre a pain. you should also place a small cup of apple cider vinegar near your plants to capture the bugs that fly out of your soil.

ive dealt with gnats before and theyre a pain. you should also place a small cup of apple cider vinegar near your plants to capture the bugs that fly out of your soil.

Thanks for the reminder b.real. Done.

image19091.jpg

I put two small dishes out, one by the plants and another by the Nepenthes which sit about five feet away. That was about 15 minutes ago. I can barely smell the girls right now. Interesting.

Back
Top Bottom