Sweetsue's First Grow - Stealthy Trio of Autos Under CFLs

I was reading about the cannabis stages of life yesterday and realized that, with the exception of that one yellowing leaf from the depths of the Bomb the other day, none of my leaves show any signs of yellowing of any kind. I was expecting the Bomb to begin showing some end-of-the-run color changes and that doesn't seem to be happening. Maybe I have longer than I think I have. Hmmmm.

I was reading about the cannabis stages of life yesterday and realized that, with the exception of that one yellowing leaf from the depths of the Bomb the other day, none of my leaves show any signs of yellowing of any kind. I was expecting the Bomb to begin showing some end-of-the-run color changes and that doesn't seem to be happening. Maybe I have longer than I think I have. Hmmmm.

When I look at your plants I see another month.....FWIW.

As for yellowing/necrotic fan leaves, I think you'll see more of that if you let them go a while longer.

Of course, I've never grown auto's before, so they may have some quirks I'm not familiar with.....

When I look at your plants I see another month.....FWIW.

As for yellowing/necrotic fan leaves, I think you'll see more of that if you let them go a while longer.

Of course, I've never grown auto's before, so they may have some quirks I'm not familiar with.....

I want to say that most of the Journals I have seen of Autoflowering plants, is that they tend to go 2 weeks or more past the breeders harvest date.. Most that say 70 days are more like 85 days.... Now that's just what I have noticed when browsing Auto journals, and I am pretty sure I'm not the only one!

Just my two cents, only real way to tell is trichomes! Again, great growing Sue, reading your updates is like reading poetry! Both of your ladies are stunning.

I hope you and your husband have a great day :Namaste:

Thank you Doc. This is all still new to me and with a vigorous first grow there's this temptation to rush it. If you're correct that will give me enough time to get more seeds for another auto run. Darned budget getting in my way! :laughtwo: I appreciate the input. Congrats on a nice weekend as part of the best and brightest in cannabis. I have no doubt you are creating some serious rumblings with your program and sooner or later you'll take a cup. The plants grown in your soil are stunningly healthy.

Thank you as well MaxYields. They inspire me. I had about two months before this grow with empty pots and the apartment felt empty. :laughtwo: I feel like I was destined to grow this plant. Isn't that odd? When I step through the door and the perfume wafts past it's like they're saying "welcome home".

:Namaste:

I want to say that most of the Journals I have seen of Autoflowering plants, is that they tend to go 2 weeks or more past the breeders harvest date.. Most that say 70 days are more like 85 days.... Now that's just what I have noticed when browsing Auto journals, and I am pretty sure I'm not the only one!

Just my two cents, only real way to tell is trichomes! Again, great growing Sue, reading your updates is like reading poetry! Both of your ladies are stunning.

I hope you and your husband have a great day :Namaste:

It may also be the rich organic soil. Many of us have found that strains tend to go longer, not because they're delayed, but because they still have enough oomph at the finish to keep making trich-coated calyxes. Many times, they just don't amber. :cheesygrinsmiley:

It may also be the rich organic soil. Many of us have found that strains tend to go longer, not because they're delayed, but because they still have enough oomph at the finish to keep making trich-coated calyxes. Many times, they just don't amber. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Very cool information! That is actually very interesting!

Thanks for that heads up Greytail. I was not aware of that. I will wait and watch closely. I'm so impressed with this soil mix and the utter simplicity of maintaining it. Awestruck, really.

Those are really happy girls.

I am so glad you chose to give them a good home
and that you are sharing the experience with us.

It's wonderful to have such delightful companions to share this joy with. :love:

Wow. What a beautiful piece of machinery and engineering. Ahhhhh, all this and money too. :laughtwo::green_heart:

Thinking ahead I went searching for DIY grow boxes and found this nifty link.

https://https://hngideas.com/gardening/12-diy-homemade-grow-boxes-to-control-the-growing-environment/

I haven't read all of it yet, but what I did browse through looked like lots of fun and creativity. I've seen a few nice ones on 420 too. Dale likes to just wing it, and to be honest, he's quite good at it. I need to research and plan. :laughtwo:

If you decide on size and where to put it, Dale might put together a nice idea.

GreenThumbJ has so outgrown that box. Not that he should ever stop using it!

Do people ever forget their first grow area? Their first plant?
Is it like a first love?

I believe it is very much like that Rad.

Since we are on the topic of automation, has anyone seen this before? There are other products similar to this, but I thought the price made it worthwhile.

Parrot - Flower Power - intelligent wireless sensor for your plants

Now I can go on a trip and nag at my girl friend to water my plants.

Akisuni is doing something like this with a system he developed him (her?) self that he monitors entirely from off site. I think he even has a camera setup.

edit: Even if you don't use the alert function so you know when to water your plants, I could see it being very valuable to know how much your plant is drinking and to monitor that over the span of its life.

Back
Top Bottom