Subnoise's Sour Monster Grow

Thx for all the positive comments and good vibes. I did look for zip ties but I think I used them all building my flower room. As a mechanic they are my go to aswell. Had plenty of garden wire though so no biggie. Here is a pic from the dry run this morning about an hour after lights on. These numbers are looking good to me. Might need a little more heat those panels run very cool. Lavender got a transplant this morning and is about a foot from the t5s. When and if I see change I will move her closer.
20150208_085941.jpg

Oh yeah gonna get sum o them goggles.

I Don't think You will be disappointed Dusty. I was very pleased the other night when I tried them can see all the trichomes on one leaf. Not just a few you can focus on with the microscope. Also poped the x25 lens out and put it over my camera on my phone. Worked rather well pictured below.
20150207_084726.jpg

No shit! Gotta try that!

What model grow tent did you just pick up? Was it the Apollo Horticulture 60x60x80?

I just saw the photos of the new setup and it looks identical to mine which just arrived a few days ago. So far I am loving all the entry points, and I can seal myself in after a few bong rips and pretend I am in gana heaven.

I am also drooling over that P450.....

Hey KCMP I got the 48x48x80 really liking it threw a few of the girls in today. Haven't been home all day so excited to get home and see how there coming along. Hopefully I can get the last couple things I need to build my temp controller tomorrow. Might have to do a diy thread on it. I didn't take any pictures of the one I built for the flower room or I probably would have already.

Mine has been very easy to maintain the temp with and I actually have had problems with it getting too cool rather than hot. I currently have one of the lower flaps open for a passive intake and I have a heater set at 73 aimed across the vent which I think it is only kicking on a few times during the night. That has been keeping it at a stable 77 so far... but we will see what happens once it actually gets cold around here again.

Where are the light leaks you mentioned? I am going to use mine for flower and now you have me nervous about it. It seemed very well sealed when I first gave it a test.

Definitely interested in how you figure out temp control. I really want to create a more elegant solution.

Hey KCMP I got the 48x48x80 really liking it threw a few of the girls in today. Haven't been home all day so excited to get home and see how there coming along. Hopefully I can get the last couple things I need to build my temp controller tomorrow. Might have to do a diy thread on it. I didn't take any pictures of the one I built for the flower room or I probably would have already.

I know I want to see this controller! I keep looking at them online and books and it's just so damn expensive. You can build a accurate, reliable controller cheaply? Gotta see this.:idea::nicethread:

I seen a couple through the zipper you could probably iron the inside flaps over the zipper to seal them, and where the crease went through the lower passive vents but just need someone on the inside and outside to lock the Velcro together better. My temps were sitting 71 till I put a exhaust fan in now it's about 68-69. Just have to automate it now.

I know I want to see this controller! I keep looking at them online and books and it's just so damn expensive. You can build a accurate, reliable controller cheaply? Gotta see this.:idea::nicethread:

About as accurate as your house hold thermostat. Takes some soldering and wire and stuff but I have all that already. So cost me around 30 bucks in parts to build. And it's normal everyday stuff easy to find.

o.o

I wish I went to school for electric engineering. But I guess the automotive industry really helped with understanding a lot about relays, amperage, continuity etc and most importantly a DVOM. I'm really into import cars and have done quite a few motor swaps. I always build my own harnesses that plug and play. Here is a pic of my modified xbox with my gamer tag from when I used to be a gamer. Though about building my own led panels but it's pricey and time consuming.
20150208_202722.jpg

it really is time consuming, I thought about building a panel myself with custom spectrum; but after seeing what a daunting task it is i just bought a panel.
Digging the modded Xbox, Im a gamer myself!
I've got a ton of ebooks and pdfs on electronics and electrical tinkering/diy stuff, including house wiring if you're ever interested my friend.

Great looking Xbox! I am actually in the process of installing 7 LED lights on my vehicle and certainly wish I knew more about electrics myself. Thankfully my roommate is an electrician so he has been answering all of my stupid questions. He wants to automate the next grow using a rasberry PI... way out of my relm of understanding.

What kind of imports do you work on? Any Toyotas in the mix?

Thx everyone for your kind words. KCMP I work on everything Toyota's included. However most my off work car time is spent with my Honda or my brothers rx7 or s14 240sx. Back to the room progress. I got a bad part yesterday but ended up going a different rout for temp controller anyway. 12v system this time xbox power supply. I used to collect my friends that red ringed for parts and what not. Regular 12v automotive relay with a household thermostat with a super magnet glued to the back to adjust for canopy height triggering the ground to the relay. Relay feeds 2 raidmax computer fans from my old gaming rig in the top vents. If it gets over set temp exhaust fans kick on.

Thought my temp sensor was off for a few min but they came together after a bit.
20150209_222227.jpg

Here's where I was after last night hope my min max temps look right when I get home this evening.
20150209_222319.jpg
20150209_224153.jpg

Awesome set up... I love the automation!!!

Someday (hopefully after I have my architecture degree) I want to build a fully automated grow room. Probably in a shed off of my house or whatever. Automated everything.

We will see how that goes, for now its all about the constant monitoring!

Cool pictures Subnoise.

Temps and rh looking great in the veg tent. On full auto now just have to water occasionally. Let's get back to the flower room. Not much to report ffof bottom half was droopy tonight, she was super dry didn't compensate for bud weight last night when I gave her the lift. Lesson learned. No ambers at all yet and a couple pistols are changing. Here go
Coco day 40. This thing is all cola looked to see if I needed to remove any sucker buds on day 42 and there isn't any.
20150210_222510.jpg
20150210_222550.jpg

Ffof day 34. Not much to say been keeping the nitrogen def in order loose like 2 leaves a week maybe. Many sites filling in currently.
20150210_222339.jpg
20150210_222416.jpg

Ffof clone on the left day 34 WOW. The runt on the right day 29. Making me glad I didn't give up on her.
20150210_222707.jpg

And the family shot hope everyone has a good weedsday.
20150210_222928.jpg

Back
Top Bottom