Subnoise's Sour Monster Grow

Yessir, both fine. Started DWC a couple days ago. Why not? As for the current flower children, they are coming along nicely. I can't wait to get profeceint enough at this to be able to mix and just sit back and watch the grow without all the drama! Hahaha.
Lookin good, Sub.

Thx DK, I'm using there trio and I try to implement some boosters. I use bb week 2-4, pk week 5 and getting some overdrive today for week 6-7. Just really hard to feed soil vs coco cause you have to wait for it to dry and don't want to over feed. So the coco got bb every 4 days for 3 weeks where the soil only got it 2 times in 3 weeks. Defiantly a learning curve I think next time I would try 1/4 strength feeding all the way through to try and pack in more boosters.

So here is where I'm at after the weekend. Sold one of my project cars that I didn't have time for anymore. I'm going to order my 4x4 tent tonight. And in the market for some leds. I can't seem to get the platinum led rep to get back to me after 2 pms since Friday. Otherwise I'm leaning towards greensun or mars. Would like to get leds before summer or I don't know if I'll be able to control that hps temp well enough. Any thoughts or advice is greatly appreciated. I'm on a budget and hope to light the 4x4 tent with leds aswell for veg. Then I will keep my t5s in the current area for clones, breeding and quarantine zone. Thx all

Hey, stupid question probably, but can you use t5s to veg and flower? I mean without any other light source? Curious.

So here is where I'm at after the weekend. Sold one of my project cars that I didn't have time for anymore. I'm going to order my 4x4 tent tonight. And in the market for some leds. I can't seem to get the platinum led rep to get back to me after 2 pms since Friday. Otherwise I'm leaning towards greensun or mars. Would like to get leds before summer or I don't know if I'll be able to control that hps temp well enough. Any thoughts or advice is greatly appreciated. I'm on a budget and hope to light the 4x4 tent with leds aswell for veg. Then I will keep my t5s in the current area for clones, breeding and quarantine zone. Thx all
I will help pester them for you, I would highly reccomend getting the platinum over the mars. Ive got the mars II 1200 and youve seen my results, they're good but could be a lot better. The heat savings alone are worth it to me.

Hey, stupid question probably, but can you use t5s to veg and flower? I mean without any other light source? Curious.

yes you can, but you need to make sure you get the right bulbs. 2500k for flower, 6500k for veg. In flower I do two 2500k to each 6500k.

Thanks! I have a couple buddies that have a -0- budget (lol) that want to give it a try. I'll pass this along.
Thanks Jinn, Andy .

there are a few members here on the forums that started/still use only cfls/t5/t8 with a little searching you could find tons of info on lighting brands, heights, etc...

And Subnoise, I talked to mark at platinum for you. I'll shoot you a pm.

And I put a post up for you on his PlatinumLED 420 products page. I've talked to him on 4-5 different occasions and never had a problem getting ahold of him. He even answered the phone after hours and took my order (not knowing I was calling) one night. Too bad you had a bad experance.
Jinn, I just never looked into CFL for growing. I knew I wanted the best lights avaliable so I wouldn't have lighting as an excuse for failing! Lol.
In my DWC room I have a 150 wt 6500k blue cool CFL running, but I'm considering a G8 for there. Might be a better fit for the room and my budget. Still on the fence with that one.

full enclosures with reflectors are pretty cheap for t5/t8's I think you can get a 2ft t5 for under 99$
if im not mistaken I know Antics did cfl grows when he first started, doing a search for his journals could be helpful!

full enclosures with reflectors are pretty cheap for t5/t8's I think you can get a 2ft t5 for under 99$
if im not mistaken I know Antics did cfl grows when he first started, doing a search for his journals could be helpful!

Jinn it's right on point here I got my 2ft for about that price I can send you a link if needed Andy comes with 6500k bulbs rated at 8k lumens @ 100w. And i have no complaints was even gonna order a 4ft if I can't afford a led for my veg tent.

I just used it on my buds before harvest, and I just did it to my CSSH which will be harvested in 2 weeks. It really does help with trimming and manicuring since the buds follow symmetrical shapes.

Hi Subnoise, I have a question: Do you do backbuilding with your buds?
LA's Quick Guide To Simple Backbuilding Technique For Buds!

I've tried it on the strain I was working with that foxtails it seemed to slow down the foxtailling but trashed that strain I think it was a outdoor strain, was always really airy buds. Otherwise no I will probably try again on a strain I am familiar with to really see the difference.

Thankyou Jinn. :thumb:

Update there will be some change in the near future. Got a 4x4 tent coming for veg and a p300 to go in it. Also got a p450 ordered for the flower room. Currently the 600hps is my heater at night. I may throw the 450 in with the hps till spring or put in the veg tent and supplement with the 300 well see. Have to do the math on my amperage. Safety first!!! And a little update.
Day 26 for ffof and she is starting her nitrogen def where she's not getting light. I'm not concerned this time around just gonna continue doing my thing.
20150203_215809.jpg

Starting to fill in real nice up top. She deserves that extra energy. Don't know how to explain the smell sweet I guess like sugar. Which is really weird cause I swear the Coco plant smells like black pepper.
20150203_215856.jpg
20150203_215911.jpg

Lastly all the ladies.
20150203_215638.jpg

Firstly let me say that I couldn't be more excited for you too get your new equipment, those Platinums are simply beautiful and I am sure you will love them! Your ladies look healthy and happy my man, really quality growing :cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley:

I have one question though! Your FF Ocean Forest / Perlite girl is only 26 days into flower? Her buds look huge compared to my ladies which are on day 30, do you think it's because you're using an HID system?

Thanks in advance and again... Real awesome growing, your ladies seriously look beautiful. Reps.

:goodjob:

Thx dk you the man.

Firstly let me say that I couldn't be more excited for you too get your new equipment, those Platinums are simply beautiful and I am sure you will love them! Your ladies look healthy and happy my man, really quality growing :cheesygrinsmiley::cheesygrinsmiley:

I have one question though! Your FF Ocean Forest / Perlite girl is only 26 days into flower? Her buds look huge compared to my ladies which are on day 30, do you think it's because you're using an HID system?

Thanks in advance and again... Real awesome growing, your ladies seriously look beautiful. Reps.

:goodjob:

Thx for the kind words Max. Unfortunately I have nothing to compare to yet so I'm not sure if it's the hid, genetics, or other variables in play such as boosters when and how much. We would really have to be growing the same strain and same veg flower schedule to really compare accurately and avoid some variables. One thing that comes to mind though also. I did make it through the first 4 pages of your first journal last night. Does your berry garcia have bigger buds than the other 2? The issues you encountered in the first week or 2 with your clones could have been a cause aswell. From what I have read stress can lower yield. Your grows are looking like a well oiled machine now. I hope that was some kind of help our atleast a few things to think about. But genetics is a huge factor that shouldn't be over looked when comparing grows. Best to your and your garden Max.

Back
Top Bottom