SubCool Supersoil In SIPs With EWC, CBD Autos For Aspergers

I think I am getting a picture, thanks!
I think @bluter mentioned that it is better to take clones from a regular? (Anyway, these should work for the moment.)
Regular vs fems? Fems are fine.
So when you take the suckers off, if you want you can put them in Perlite and weak solution under weak lights, and then when you are ready, just put them in soil?
Just plain water with nothing in it.
How long can you keep them in "suspended animation" like that before you need to put them in soil or whatever?
At some point they'll begin to show nutrient deficiencies, but you can always just plant (and feed) them in a solo cup until they get too big for that.

Once they start growing I feed mine full strength veg nutrients.

Oh, PS. I heard back from "Mr. Tao."

>> Hello, they are resistant to mildew..., the question is whether these mildews are not different in your conditions...than in ours...? Does that mean they have big and dense flowers..?
For indoors, I would light it for a maximum of 20 hours during growth, you can also leave 20 hours of light in flower...
Yes, Blueberry Crystal is a classic variety with a fast flower... it can grow even over 2 meters...
If you have a problem with mold, use prevention right from the start, application of other molds... (trichoderma...), which prevent the formation of powdery mildew, powdery mildew...
all the best

Tao

I remember @cbdhemp808 mentioned Trichoderma. I found some products on the local Roots Organic storefront.
It looks like I will mix this into the soil in FUTURE grows.

1. First 8. "AVISANA" SOLID is a solid mineral organic soil conditioner, it is made with organic materials with a mixture of freeze-dried microorganisms with efficient nitrifying and oxidizing microorganisms. It is an ideal product to improve the soil and maintain an active barrier against pests and diseases. Its action is directly on the soil, improving its physical and chemical properties. Helping to make nutrients more available and easily assimilated by plants, thus achieving greater metabolic efficiency and significantly improving crop production. Maximizes the production and growth of your crop. Product for the control and eradication of pests in cannabis crops and other plants. Pest control directly in the soil. It favors the retention of moisture within the soil, thus improving its microbiological activity and therefore the biodegradation processes. Trichoderma harzianum, Beauveria bassiana , Bacillus thurigiensis , Metarhizium anisopliae, Paecilomyces sp., Gliocladium sp., Verticillium sp.

Then they recommend two products:

2. "Bioxinis" LIQUID with one kind of Tricoderma and a mix.
Bioxinis Biofertilizer and Organic Insecticide
Contains: Trichoderma harzianum, Beauveria bassiana, Bacillus thurigiensis, Metarhizium anisopliae, Paecilomyces sp., Gliocladium sp., Verticillium sp.
BIOXINIS is not a toxic product, however, it should be kept away from minors. Avoid eating, smoking or drinking while mixing and applying this product.
Control Union Certfications EU, European
Control Union Certifications NOP, USA organic

3. Then they also recommend "OX-VIRIN" bactericide, fungicide and viricide 100% biodegradable, certified for organic farming in Europe. It works on contact to kill plant pathogens, including spores.
Formulated with: 25% hydrogen peroxide, 8% acetic acid, 5% peracetic acid, OX-VI core, excipients and water.
You can use OX-VIRIN Biofungicide Disinfectant Concentrate – 5 kg for direct application on plants from propagation, growth, flowering and drying, protecting your cannabis crop, fruits and vegetables at all stages and without affecting the quality of the harvest.
It has a fast-acting oxidation process and a broad-spectrum application. It is the perfect ally in integrated crop management, for integrated pest and disease programs, in order to develop more efficient and controlled crops.
Controls the following pathogens: Algae, Alternaria, Anthracnose, Aphanomyces, Bacterial spots and rots, Botrytis (gray mold), Downy mildew, Erwinia, Fusarium (root rot), Leaf spot, Phytophthora (pests, rots), Plasmopara, Powdery mildew , Pseudomonas, Pythium, Rhizoctonia, Rust, Scab, Blight, Thielaviopsis, Uncinula (powdery mildew), Xanthomonas, Wilt and blight, Ralstonia solanacearum (brown rot, bacterial wilt), Sclerotinia sclerotiorum (white mold).

And I looked at the images, I think my brown plants may be brown rot like what they were showing on their data sheet. Their images looked just like that grow! (So maybe it was not salted supersoil that turned my plants brown, but brown rot! Oy... I am GLAD for a gringo storefront!!)

So I can use the liquids on this grow, and I can mix the Avisana in with the soil for future grows. And maybe it will take care of the powdery mildew on the Candida?

I hope that is helpful for someone.

It would be great to hear from @cbdhemp808 about Trichoderma, etc.

Regular vs fems? Fems are fine.

it was actually an autos vs photos comment.
mothering a plant and taking clones is the same between a fem photo or reg fem plant.

it was actually an autos vs photos comment.
👍
mothering a plant and taking clones is the same between a fem photo or reg fem plant.
👍
Are you as likely to find phenos with fem as with reg? (Or is it perhaps more likely to find phenos with reg?)

Are you as likely to find phenos with fem as with reg? (Or is it perhaps more likely to find phenos with reg?)

different phenos occur only from seed. clones are always genetic copies of the chosen mother plant. different phenos can be expressed in any auto, photo fem, or reg seeds of the same strain.

if you have six auto seeds of the same strain they could all be different phenos. same as with photo fems or reg seeds.

different phenos occur only from seed. clones are always genetic copies of the chosen mother plant. different phenos can be expressed in any auto, photo fem, or reg seeds of the same strain.
Oh, in that case I am already sitting pretty. No need to buy anything except Tricho and such.:surf:
Now I see why you guys do it this way.

:thanks:

It would be great to hear from @cbdhemp808 about Trichoderma, etc.
I don't see myself as being all that helpful when it comes to the methods of preventing fungal attacks with sprays or beneficial microbes. I didn't have too much luck with what I tried here in mold central, so that's why I shifted gears to find the strains/phenos with high natural resistance. What I know about trichoderma... it's a beneficial root zone fungus that I think both attacks the bad guys and stimulates the plant's resistance to disease. It can be also sprayed on the phylosphere—i.e. all above-ground parts of the plant—where it will colonize and help resist pathogenic molds and fungi. I have used trichoderma in the form of the product called Mikrobs. I used it in cases where I suspected a root zone problem that had gone systemic—possibly fusarium.

My new approach is to avoid growing a strain/pheno if it turns out to be particularly susceptible to PM or bud rot. The other leaf molds I can live with (septoria/downy mildew), usually, because they don't impact the harvest. But I am nonetheless still researching strains/phenos that have high natural resistance to the leaf molds. PM is usually the least of my worries, and I've only grown one strain/pheno that showed particular vulnerability to it.

In veg I'm only spraying one thing now, for both bugs and leaf mold, and that's my mixture of pure neem oil, Bronner's peppermint soap, and water. Ratios: 1 TBS neem, 1 TBS Bronner's, 1/2 gal water (shake very well). It works! For more killing power for bugs, I add 10 drops of pure food grade orange oil. I typically don't spray anything once flowering begins. I did see a small amount of spider mites recently, on a few developed colas, and I sprayed a mixture of 10 drops orange oil, 10 drops Bronner's, in 1/2 gal water. (It may have been less than 1/2 gal water... I do a lot of these things by feel and sometimes don't want to make a quantity of solution that I'm not going to use up in one application.)

:ciao:

I don't see myself as being all that helpful when it comes to the methods of preventing fungal attacks with sprays or beneficial microbes. I didn't have too much luck with what I tried here in mold central, so that's why I shifted gears to find the strains/phenos with high natural resistance.
Sounds like a logical response :thumb:
What I know about trichoderma... it's a beneficial root zone fungus that I think both attacks the bad guys and stimulates the plant's resistance to disease. It can be also sprayed on the phylosphere—i.e. all above-ground parts of the plant—where it will colonize and help resist pathogenic molds and fungi. I have used trichoderma in the form of the product called Mikrobs. I used it in cases where I suspected a root zone problem that had gone systemic—possibly fusarium.

My new approach is to avoid growing a strain/pheno if it turns out to be particularly susceptible to PM or bud rot.
:thumb:
The other leaf molds I can live with (septoria/downy mildew), usually, because they don't impact the harvest. But I am nonetheless still researching strains/phenos that have high natural resistance to the leaf molds.
👍
PM is usually the least of my worries, and I've only grown one strain/pheno that showed particular vulnerability to it.

In veg I'm only spraying one thing now, for both bugs and leaf mold, and that's my mixture of pure neem oil, Bronner's peppermint soap, and water. Ratios: 1 TBS neem, 1 TBS Bronner's, 1/2 gal water (shake very well). It works! For more killing power for bugs, I add 10 drops of pure food grade orange oil. I typically don't spray anything once flowering begins. I did see a small amount of spider mites recently, on a few developed colas, and I sprayed a mixture of 10 drops orange oil, 10 drops Bronner's, in 1/2 gal water. (It may have been less than 1/2 gal water... I do a lot of these things by feel and sometimes don't want to make a quantity of solution that I'm not going to use up in one application.)

:ciao:
:morenutes:

I had a bag of worm castings that they did not put the plastic liner, so the castings are all dried out. I figured, "No big deal, I will just moisten them", but I put water and water and water, but they do not moisten.
I have never heard of hydrophobic wc before...
Is there some way to get them to accept water?? This is after the third or fourth rim watering...

wc.jpg

I had a bag of worm castings that they did not put the plastic liner, so the castings are all dried out. I figured, "No big deal, I will just moisten them", but I put water and water and water, but they do not moisten.
Is there some way to get them to accept water?? This is after the third or fourth rim watering...

wc.jpg
They become very hydrophobic when they dry out which is what you're seeing there.

Try misting them instead of pouring water on them, and you might need to add a surficant like yucca, aloe, or even a few drops of a mild liquid soap.

For me, coco coir is the magic ingredient that will always allow water to permeate the medium. I add moist coir to my mix.

They become very hydrophobic when they dry out which is what you're seeing there.

Try misting them instead of pouring water on them,
I have been trying to wet it since a few days before I planted seeds.
and you might need to add a surficant like yucca, aloe, or even a few drops of a mild liquid soap.
Thank you. :thanks:
I have some aloe outside. I will try squeezing and spraying for surfactant. I might hit it with a drop of Dr. Bronners, just because.
Gracias.

I was really thinking about harvest weights. After drying I make note of the g/day above ground, and folks who have a g/day medical target would be wise to do the same. I am sure that you will average a higher g/day with photos than autos over the course of the year.
Sorry, I missed this one.
I never had a grams per day diagnosis. In Washington state I was allowed I think 18 plants, and in Oregon state I think it was something like 15 plants (I forget because I never found a place in Oregon where I was allowed to grow.)
I think the doctors were kind of like, "Yep, you need it." (But they left the dosing up to me for some reason.)
Here in Colombia you are allowed 20 plants per household, and there is a slight stigma in the mainstream culture mostly due to the violence that was surrounding the drug trade back in the days of Pablo Escobar.
But today, the reality seems to be that no one really cares as long as you do not sell it.
(If you sell it, you could go to prison. But if you just grow it for you, no one cares. (And if you explain that you're a medical patient with autism and some medical history, then they really don't care.)

It's more about need than diagnosis. Grams/day would be based on your consumption, so you would grow to meet or exceed that target.
Agree with Shed there.

I take 150mg/day of CBD. So with a 15% CBD plant, that's 1 gram per day or 365 grams per year.

In my small garden with a perpetual set-up I can grow 8 plants per year, 6 of them CBD.

So, that means I need 365 grams ÷ 6 plants = 60.833 grams average needed per plant, or about 2 ounces each to meet my target. Doesn't take a very big plant to meet that goal.

Thanks, Azi.
I should probably be more consistent, but I treat it like a wellness herb, and then I try to maximize wellness.

I found an interesting study related to cannabis in ancient Chinese medicine. It seems like they knew that the unpollinated flowers would get you high, and they had some cultivars with up to 4% CBD, but they did NOT know the difference between THC and CBD, so they looked at all the flowers like a "loose canon" that they did not know how to isolate or regulate medically, so they did not prescribe it for anything. Also, it was a martial culture, so being "out of action" was (probably) frowned upon.

Later texts around 1070 started to recognize specific medical benefits to "cannabis intoxication" with certain other ingredients, for certain patients. Here is a reprint from near the end of the article.

The earliest historical references to cannabis in Chinese medicine are found in the Divine Farmer's Classic of Materia Medica (Shen Nong Ben Cao Jing) from the first to second century AD. This text, along with the added notes known as the Additional Records of Famous Physicians (Ming Yi Bie Lu), contains many of the fundamental statements that were repeated about cannabis in later centuries.

The original text of the Divine Farmer's Classic of Materia Medica ascribes the following properties to (buds =) mafen: “Flavor: acrid; balanced. Governs the five taxations and seven damages, benefits the five viscera, and descends blood and cold qi; excessive consumption causes one to see ghosts and run about frenetically.

:smokin::goof:

Prolonged consumption frees the spirit light and lightens the body. Another name is mabo” (Tao, 1999). To this base description, the Additional Records of Famous Physicians adds that it is “toxic,” and is used to “break accumulations, relieve impediment, and disperse pus” (Liu et al., 2009).

Many authors have interpreted the statement “excessive consumption [of mafen] causes one to see ghosts and run about frenetically” as evidence that mafen had drug effects due to the presence of cannabinoids such as Δ9-THC (Chen and Huang, 2005). Additionally, the reference to “relieving impediment” from the Additional Records of Famous Physicians refers to a traditional category of conditions that typically result in pain and restricted movement, which may also relate to cannabinoids such as CBD or Δ9-THC.

More recent stuff:

These original statements were repeated in many later bencao texts, and have likely influenced the properties listed for mafen in contemporary Chinese texts. For example, the Great Encyclopedia of Chinese Medicinals states that mafen “dispels wind, relieves pain, and settles tetany” (a traditional disease category associated with severe spasm). According to this text, it is indicated for conditions traditionally known as “impediment patterns” (typically manifesting in pain and restricted movement), gout, withdrawal and mania, insomnia, and panting and cough (Editorial Committee, 1977). Additionally, in the 1935 text Illustrated Analysis of Medicinal Substances (Yao Wu Tu Kao), the ancient statement that cannabis descends blood and cold qi was interpreted by the author Yang Huating as an indication that mafen quickens the blood. Yang recommended mafen (which he regarded as the female inflorescence) for a variety of conditions including headache, menstrual irregularities, itching, convulsions, anemia, and dry cough (Editorial Committee, 1977). However, despite these twentieth century publications that summarize traditional indications using contemporary descriptions, only a few texts offered new information or applications for mafen between the sixteenth century and Yang's 1935 text (Zheng, 2008).

Applications for pain

Several applications of cannabis for pain in Chinese medicine may relate to cannabinoids. As noted above, the first reference to mafen for pain is found in the Additional Records of Famous Physicians from the sixth century AD, which notes its use for “relieving impediment” (impediment is a traditional disease category that is also known as “bi” or “painful obstruction”; Wiseman and Feng, 1998). Some authors also speculate that an early anesthetic formula known as “mafei powder” (ma fei san) developed by the famous physician Hua Tuo around the turn of the third century AD contained mafen (at the time, the name mafen is believed to have shared the same pronunciation as the characters in the formula name; Chen and Huang, 2005). However, any link between cannabis and Hua Tuo's formula is purely speculative, as the original ingredients of the ancient formula ma fei san are lost.
In another application related to pain, the Tang Dynasty physician Sun Simiao (581–683 AD) recorded that the leaves of cannabis could be crushed to extract their juice, which was used to treat unbearable pain due to fractured bones (Chen and Huang, 2005).

By 1070 AD, the Song Dynasty text Illustrated Classic of Materia Medica (Tu Jing Ben Cao) included a quotation from a previous source titled Formulas Within a Small Box (Qie Zhong Fang) that referenced a preparation of cannabis for severe pain that inhibited movement (Su, 1994). In the original recipe, the preparation method specifies that the seeds of cannabis are soaked in water, then the sediment is collected from the bottom of the water, stir-fried until aromatic in a silver vessel, and ground into a fine white powder; this is then boiled with alcohol and taken internally on an empty stomach (Su, 1994). It is indicated for “bone marrow wind toxin” with pain that prevents movement; the text says that even in severe cases, “by 10 servings the suffering must be alleviated; its effect cannot be surpassed” (Zheng, 2008). This prescription was repeated in many later texts under the name “cannabis seed wine” (da ma ren jiu) under entries for the achenes (Editorial Committee, 1977); however it differs strikingly from other preparations of the achenes because it is used for severe pain. If the achenes were soaked in water with the bracts intact, it is possible that the preparation method described would yield cannabinoids, as broken resin glands from the bracts would sink in water; when this sediment was stir-fried, THC acids would be decarboxylated into bioavailable THC, which would then be efficiently extracted when boiled with alcohol, as in the original preparation. Nonetheless, while cannabinoids offer a plausible explanation for the unusual effects and preparation methods used for this formula, such an interpretation remains purely speculative in the absence of confirming evidence.
The first well-documented application of cannabis in an anesthetic formula in China appeared in the text Heart Text of Bian Que (Bian Que Xin Shu, 1127–1270 AD). The flower of cannabis (under the name mahua) was used internally in combination with datura flower (Datura spp.) as an anesthetic to decrease the sensation of pain when moxa cones were applied (Dou, 1992). This remedy was known as “sagacious sleep powder” (shui sheng san). The source text notes that it induces a stupor-slumber in which the person experiences no pain and is not harmed. The same combination is repeated in the Compendium of Materia Medica in the sixteenth century, which contains an additional recipe for wind disease with numbness that combines cannabis flower (mahua) with wild aconite root (caowu; Liu et al., 2009). By the seventeenth century, the text Reaching the Source of Materia Medica (Ben Jing Feng Yuan) reported that cannabis flower (mahua) can treat hidden wind within the body, and records further that it is used as an anesthetic, noting that it can be used to painlessly apply a stone needle to swollen welling-abscesses (Zhang, 2011).

Applications that relate to mental effects or mental illness

A variety of historical sources describe mental effects from cannabis or applications to treat mental illness. In some cases, these applications may reflect cannabinoids, as CBD has been researched for anti-psychotic effects (Mechoulam et al., 2002) and some of the mental effects described may be related to the effects of cannabinoids such as Δ9-THC. As noted above, the early statement that “excessive consumption causes one to see ghosts and run about frenetically” is often regarded as a sign of mental effects (Liu and Shang, 1992). In the sixteenth century Compendium of Materia Medica, Li Shizhen repeated this statement and added a previous recipe that states: “for those seeking to see ghosts, take unprocessed cannabis [the text says “cannabis seeds” (sheng ma zi) but lists the recipe under the entry for mafen], acorus rhizome (shi chang pu, Acorus spp.) and dysosma (gui jiu, Dysosma spp.) in equal parts and form into pellet pills. Take one pill every morning facing the sun and after 100 days one will see ghosts” (Liu et al., 2009).
:smokin::goof:
Additionally, in 973 AD, the Materia Medica of the Kaibao Era (Kai Bao Ben Cao) quoted an earlier author from the eighth century with the statement that “cannabis causes happiness in the heart” (Zheng, 2008).
Other early quotations suggest that mental effects were observed from the use of cannabis. For example, in the sixth century Collection of Commentaries on the Classic of the Materia Medica (Ben Cao Jing Ji Zhu), the author Tao Hongjing noted: “adepts (likely referring to Taoist alchemists) take cannabis flower (mabo) with ginseng and know of things that have not yet come” (Tang, 1999). In the Compendium of Materia Medica in the sixteenth century, the author Li Shizhen regarded this as “an overstatement,” instead stating that the combination of ginseng and cannabis allows one to “know the affairs of the four directions” and treats forgetfulness. The Compendium of Materia Medica also noted that the leaf of cannabis was indicated to treat malaria and was said to induce a state of drunkenness (Liu et al., 2009).

Your mileage may vary...

I found an interesting study related to cannabis in ancient Chinese medicine. It seems like they knew that the unpollinated flowers would get you high, and they had some cultivars with up to 4% CBD, but they did NOT know the difference between THC and CBD, so they looked at all the flowers like a "loose canon" that they did not know how to isolate or regulate medically, so they did not prescribe it for anything. Also, it was a martial culture, so being "out of action" was (probably) frowned upon.
I think it's very likely that the ancient Chinese were fully aware of the medicinal benefits of their local high-THC indica plants, and used them in treating a variety of illnesses. CBD didn't come along until the sativa and sativa hybrids from the west arrived in China. That's my understanding.

My comments about the Brand/Zhao study HERE.

I think it's very likely that the ancient Chinese were fully aware of the medicinal benefits of their local high-THC indica plants, and used them in treating a variety of illnesses. CBD didn't come along until the sativa and sativa hybrids from the west arrived in China. That's my understanding.
That would be a good summation for my Chinese doctor. I can tell her that we think Chinese Medicine originally arose before CBD entered China from the west.
:thanks:
My comments about the Brand/Zhao study HERE.

Good morning all!
Does anyone have any suggestions about how to minimize or eliminate little floating pieces of cork in the BTi mosquito-dunk SIP water?
Is there some kind of a mesh bag that keeps all the little Floaties inside? ('cuz they clog up my sprayer and watering cans...)
Thanks.
image0.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom