Staker's 2017: SSSDH, Killer Purps, Dolato, Candyland & Breeder's Test Grows

It's funny really I don't have any tolerance to speak of so just about anything will work for me. My wife tho has a great tolerance and is my litmus test of sorts to let me know what stays and what goes. I make some choices based off what grows well but still try to find better things. The best strain from bomb I have grown was the berry bomb.

That Bubba of yours is making a good case for me to run it for sure.

I'm on the lower side too, I'll tap out or go to sleep. I gotta bring my best stuff to Big Joe, and see what he says. :rofl:

I guess it depends on what you need. If you need pain relief in your ankle, a strains anti-anxiety efficacy, is of no importance. My needs are mostly mood - now that much of the spinal and nerve pain has receded. So my look at the effect would be much different that that of those looking for pain relief or recreation. So, there's seat for every behind. :) Bomb diggity.

Pulling Bubba tonight, she's done!

Thanks my man. A huge breath of re-leaf is spot on! Definitely a weight off my shoulders. Can't believe how fast it is happening though.

Weed legal in SA!!! :party::party::party::party:
:party: Congrats!..
I live in CA and one thing I noticed that no law will ever change is the older generations mind set on cannabis. "Pot" "Dope" "Drugs",... Even after the election and the new laws were voted in, people avoided the subject when talking politics like it was still taboo.. I'm sure alchohol went through the same thing after prohibition..

I guess what I'm trying to say is that even after legalization I'm still uncomfortable with the rest of society and still hide my other identity and what I do with my free time.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that even after legalization I'm still uncomfortable with the rest of society and still hide my other identity and what I do with my free time.

Just told my Dad, who is still alive. He accepts, but doesn't understand. I've told some clients that I know smoke, but won't any longer. It puts me at odds with myself. My idealism screams 'shout it from the rooftops'.....My cynical pragmatism demands, 'let them suffer their own ignorance'.....My better self reminds, 'Canna will show them'. Spin the wheel. I'm back in the closet. :hippy:

Staker's 2017 - SSSDH - Killer Purps - Dolato - Candyland & Breeder's Test Grows

I'm not a "time to wear a 420 pot leaf t-shirt" kind of guy, however I will wear subtle gear from time to time, like various coffeeshop/seed co. gear that I bought in Holland. When people ask me my profession in passing, I just say "medical field" & if they press for specifics, depending on the person, I either tell them, or ask them why they'd try to define someone by their job. There's always that one asshole though...

Them: "What do you do?"
Me: "I live my life to the fullest, and try to enjoy every day above ground."
Them: "No, WHAT do you do?"
Me: "What defines me? My friends, my family, my life experiences, my travels..."
Them: "No, your job. I'm a ________." (corporate drone)
Me: "What makes you think a job would have anything to do with how I define myself? Is your job how you define yourself?"
Them: *stammer stammer blush* (never "Yes, it is.")
Me: "I'm a brain surgeon."
Them: "Really?"
Me: "No. Not really."
/cue me excusing myself to a) piss b) get a drink c) tie my shoe

/end

Re: Staker's 2017 - SSSDH - Killer Purps - Dolato - Candyland & Breeder's Test Grows

I'm not a "time to wear a 420 pot leaf t-shirt" kind of guy, however I will wear subtle gear from time to time, like various coffeeshop/seed co. gear that I bought in Holland. When people ask me my profession in passing, I just say "medical field" & if they press for specifics, depending on the person, I either tell them, or ask them why they'd try to define someone by their job. There's always that one asshole though...

Them: "What do you do?"
Me: "I live my life to the fullest, and try to enjoy every day above ground."
Them: "No, WHAT do you do?"
Me: "What defines me? My friends, my family, my life experiences, my travels..."
Them: "No, your job. I'm a ________." (corporate drone)
Me: "What makes you think a job would have anything to do with how I define myself? Is your job how you define yourself?"
Them: *stammer stammer blush* (never "Yes, it is.")
Me: "I'm a brain surgeon."
Them: "Really?"
Me: "No. Not really."
/cue me excusing myself to a) piss b) get a drink c) tie my shoe

/end

I know that dude. :partyboy: Easier to not suffer em at a party. They all should really smoke more. Lots of cool cats out there though, the astute appreciate the subtlety. ;)

I run a small biz, so everyone knows what I do. I believe it's best to keep some distance between that and my passions here, so I do. Otherwise, I'd be more open. That would be nice. Put a big sweaty grease mongrel in the corner of the office :rofl:

Yeah, I pretty much agree with everything that has been said here. I will definitely continue to fly under the radar. Had a friend ask me last night if I will start growing again. I just continued the conversation and deftly ignored that question. As far as I'm concerned, the less people know the better.

That's just like. Your opinion man. :)

Miss that rug. Really tied the room together.

IMAG21292.jpg

Pretty sure that was Panama by ACE.

OK, gonna post some pics, just been real busy, work and YE taxes etc. Dolato is obscene. My little ECSDH clone in coco is going well. Learning a bit with her, I've always grown in soil, cept that one time in college. ;) Think I've grown one or two, don't remember. Going to go at them from a different approach, seems to be working. Pics soon.

Couple quick updates while I can. Smoke reports will follow for the ones that I like. Haven't tried the B.Gift yet, but she smells great.

Some quick harvest picks, she went down on the 30th, 50 days pretty fast.
Bubba's Gift Harvest March 31th.
IMAG8845.jpg
IMAG8846.jpg
IMAG8843.jpg
IMAG8844.jpg

The do-lato are really beautiful in person, the pics won't come close. At the end of wk 4.

IMAG8865.jpg
IMAG8863.jpg
IMAG8861.jpg

Peace and love yall. Thanks for letting me show them off. :Namaste:

It just occured to me why medium went high pH. I'm pretty sure I was at an almost fully enlightened state when I potted them up, and I'm pretty sure I ran Ca ratio on the hot side, so it buffered up to a higher than optimal pH. Of course I don't remember this exactly, but it's kinda almost a memory, and I'm pretty sure this is the most logical explanation. Party tme.

Plants barely get any synths, so leaning heavily organic, so it really shouldn't matter at 6.8 instead of 6.5, but I normally run every drop of irrigation at 6.35 all the way through after the flip.

Do-lato: Day 37#1 and Day 39#2

I hit #1 about right, but was feeding the Do-lato #2 too much in concert with the foliar (in an ever evolving feed mix) so I was freaking out, after seeing the outputs and high pH. I was adding in a new base too nute too, for their first 'feed'. All in all, no real damage, but these did take a little hit with my stutter step and missing her feed range. Never a burn or anything, just more than she was using. Once I saw the frost I was was already taking a cut for a clone run, so these have become a little less important. ;)

Not sure which pheno to keep, but I'm leaing towards the shorter, slightly more indi Gelato? leaner. The more sativa Cookie? leaner is the taller and far more productive of the two, but less frosty, and the buds aren't as dense and gnarley with bubbly calyxes. Smell is getting a bit musky and deathlike. Probably should do this from now on too. Run 2 at at time, but only with top genetic$. Time is limited. I do give them all a few shots though to be fair, it's a natural product, so they don't all pop and sprout fire. So many tangents today :volcano-smiley:

I'll get her done a little better, next time, but yeah wowsers, she's something. If SSSDH was a sexy exotic mistress, this one is an ingenue cornfed hush-puppie I just can't stop eyeballing. Well, at least the buds. They are so. :)

#1 Number one - the blushing ingenue. Gelato leaner

IMAG8875.jpg
IMAG8890.jpg
IMAG8896.jpg
IMAG8882.jpg
IMAG8900.jpg
IMAG8921.jpg

#2 Number two, the death dailiah lol, she stanky - Cookie leaner

IMAG8902.jpg
IMAG8903.jpg

Candyland. She compels me to grow her. Smoke is great for running. Or if you have other long distance aspirations. :) She's pretty dam likeable I'm thinking. Worst yield ever lol, but that's not what we're here to see. You can make most thing yield well enough if needed, although that's never been my focus. Quality is what I want. I want to grow magic into every single plant. God, it reeks so nice in here...love a house full of weed. This one is burnt rubber, and like if you could effervesce bluberry sugar, and breath it in, it almost tingles with sugary smells. Oily AF. In veg, my hands were wet. She's also a bit of a special case for sure.

IMAG8938.jpg
IMAG8970.jpg
IMAG8962.jpg

Texberry. I'm going to cut the 5gal off her and she's getting a 10 gal pot. I'll dust up some potting soil with some extra goodies, and will run her with mostly water all the way through. Planning on 3 feeds w/snyths/zymes, in weeks 3 4, 5, unless she's proving to be hungrier. She did need a good top-off in Veg, so it's very possible. She's a bit lighter at the top here..duh haha. Hope the smoke is good, I'm going to have a bunch. :)

IMAG8868.jpg
IMAG8869.jpg

Peace and love y'all.

Smoking some Bubba's Gift. Flavor is real strong, and my initial impressions are very positive. I'll keep testing. Orange flavor, real mouthy, it hangs around... I'm like what the hell did I eat?! Oh. It's like the weed from forever ago. Other fun stuff too. Effect is oddly unique, and I like the niches.

Such happy looking plants..:thumb:
After starring at your post for the last 20 minutes zooming in and out at those DoLatos is couldnt choose between 1 and 2. Both of them look like keepers to me. :Namaste: The cookie leaning pheno might cure up real nice and surprise you.

Thanks brother. :Namaste: I agree, she looks like she's going to be serious for sure, and might be the better smoke, never can tell. Best smoke wins of course, but in the event of a too-close-to-call, beauty and aesthetic start to matter more than usual right? #1 is pretty dam hot...wouldn't mind looking and smelling her for another cycle. Maybe in fal.

#1 Higher has more vigor, more frost, denser nugs, and no variegation or OGKB hook..
#2 Has Higher yield, less frost, higher sativa content - she's behind the other although older..

Tough call this early, but that's how I see them stacked up for now. Can't wait to see how they finish.

plants are looking killer, man. that dolato is wow! unfortunately, my one candlyland ended up being a boy and grew some big ol' nuts overnight. wondering if maybe I should try to get some pollen from it since you said it looks to be a GDP leaner.

Back
Top Bottom